Killie TV Update

C4mmy31
Message added by Lroy,

Do not sign up for an International Subscription through a VPN with your Season Ticket account. Create a new account otherwise it will override your season ticket and you will not be able to view future games. A fix is being worked on. Contact [email protected] if you are affected by this issue.

Jacko was the fan in the box. Still a bit amateurish, didn't know the County player going off with the hamstring injury or his replacement.  Surely have a sheet with team numbers on it and names of the players.  Talked about doing the double over County but we drew the first game. Maybe they don't see what we see on the screen but sometimes their description of events doesn't tally with what's happening on the pitch.

40 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Maybe they don't see what we see on the screen but sometimes their description of events doesn't tally with what's happening on the pitch.

They don’t usually have a live feed and have to rely on the analyst Chris Kyle showing them his.

I don’t think they had one  today.

Thought PDG was excellent. Enjoyed his little insights into life at the club and his tactical knowledge.

Could the club not supply Likes of an iPad if not a connected monitor for the commentators to see replays etc ? 

Though when using the BBC Alba coverage it’s good to have different camera angles and better replays , the producer’s tendency to linger on shots of dug outs or folk in the stands when action is going on the pitch is sometimes annoying..

Edited by Scouser2

I liked Jackos 'fan with a decade in the SPL' co-commentary, especially regarding Brophies work rate and egging him on a bit - sometime sarcastically.  Few good points about positional play for strikers today.

2 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Could the club not supply Likes of an iPad if not a connected monitor for the commentators to see replays etc ? 
Though when using the BBC Alba coverage it’s good to have different camera angles and better replays , the producer’s tendency to linger on shots of dug outs or folk in the stands when action is going on the pitch is sometimes annoying..

Need a director and a guy on the desk cutting up the footage, (or at least one of them) to then beam it to an iPad.  Presumably the video analyst guys also need to concentrate on their job, just in case they notice something tactically that they can pass onto AD. BBC alba have a full TV studio when they do the games, although their live stream was the most appalling yet IIRC!

I had a first class season ticket stream today. Good quality video and commentry. Did not know the guys doing the commentry cant see the replays.

I have a question about the PPV I used for the league cup games though. The stream quality was very poor. Why would the video quality be different, does anybody know?

1 minute ago, gdevoy said:

I have a question about the PPV I used for the league cup games though. The stream quality was very poor. Why would the video quality be different, does anybody know?

Today's was the the BBC feed.

Don't know why the League Cup games would be worse than the usual standard.

Perfect again today, some folk need to check their connection as I've sorted out 2 of the boys having to speak to their provider giving nowhere near their expected speed after them moaning and purely to do with their connection. Folk shouting for replays and a director simply need to get a grip and remember this isn't Sky

1 hour ago, KIlliedaft1957 said:

Have been critical of Killie TV several times this season . I am in Turkey and today's match reception and presentation was excellent. For the first time this season I have not had one glitch during our match with Ross County (GREAT RESULT!). Hope all future presentations are like this one.

Pictures today were provided by BBC Alba.

1 hour ago, Phoneman said:

I was using my season ticket link as for the previous home games and have never had problems like I had today. I DO NOT HAVE AN INTERNATIONAL SUBSCRIPTION VIA VPN and have two separate bookmarks for PPV and normal season ticket access. 

Two separate bookmarks won't matter if you're using the same browser (pretty sure cookies will be screwing you here). 

If you have both a season ticket login and an international subscription, then I'd use two entirely different browsers to prevent any issues.

Otherwise, if you keep using one browser for both, then you'll need to clear all history/cookies before each VPN session. 

Edit - sorry totally misread that. Will leave the post up anyway incase it helps anyone with both login types who is having issues. 

Edited by jesper

54 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

Perfect again today, some folk need to check their connection as I've sorted out 2 of the boys having to speak to their provider giving nowhere near their expected speed after them moaning and purely to do with their connection. Folk shouting for replays and a director simply need to get a grip and remember this isn't Sky

Not knowing who the County players were doesn't need a replay, just a piece of paper with the team sheet on it.

Enjoyed Di Giacomo as co -commentator. Obviously he was biased but I think hearing a perspective of someone who knows the players from seeing them regularly at training and around the club was interesting. Explained the rationale for it being Brophy and not Kabamba that was being hooked very well I thought. 

Edited by KenVaagen1984

2 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Jacko was the fan in the box. Still a bit amateurish, didn't know the County player going off with the hamstring injury or his replacement.  Surely have a sheet with team numbers on it and names of the players.  Talked about doing the double over County but we drew the first game. Maybe they don't see what we see on the screen but sometimes their description of events doesn't tally with what's happening on the pitch.

Unfortunately we did not have pictures today so were not aware on what was being shown. 

Sometimes it’s hard to ID players at the other side of the pitch too especially when there are others in the way. 

Just now, Gavin Wallace said:

Unfortunately we did not have pictures today so were not aware on what was being shown. 

Sometimes it’s hard to ID players at the other side of the pitch too especially when there are others in the way. 

Maybe get an international subscription and VPN ..... 

14 minutes ago, Gavin Wallace said:

OK, need somebody manning the bins. Sounded quite windy today are you not inside the bit at the back of the East ?

4 hours ago, Lroy said:

I think for some users, if you're seeing nothing, I think this is still a problem related to having bought an international subscription on your season ticket account. That shouldn't have been possible in the first place with a robust system.

For others, buffering and drop outs when others are working perfectly suggest poor connection or another issue at the user end.

Or perhaps it is down to incompetence on behalf of the supplier or the club. I have received a response after the game finished to say that “our records show you do not have a subscription, are you a season ticket holder”. 
Funnily enough I have paid my £370, have registered as the details are saved to my laptop and I have watched previous games. So somebody owes me an explanation I’m afraid, and probable refund for the game. ?

6 minutes ago, Mcilroy56 said:

Or perhaps it is down to incompetence on behalf of the supplier or the club. I have received a response after the game finished to say that “our records show you do not have a subscription, are you a season ticket holder”. 
Funnily enough I have paid my £370, have registered as the details are saved to my laptop and I have watched previous games. So somebody owes me an explanation I’m afraid, and probable refund for the game. ?

Did you buy an international subscription on your season ticket account?

I enjoyed the broadcast today, thought PDG brought something a wee bit different and "did his job" ? 

Stream quality was vastly superior to the league cup games, not entirely sure why but I do know my ISP connection can vary wildly in Speedtest. They deny any issues of course.