Killie TV Update

C4mmy31
Message added by Lroy,

Do not sign up for an International Subscription through a VPN with your Season Ticket account. Create a new account otherwise it will override your season ticket and you will not be able to view future games. A fix is being worked on. Contact [email protected] if you are affected by this issue.

Always enjoyed your input John , provided a fans point of view when rest of us could no be there in person, and often did not hold back unlike one or 2 others ,pity to do the task unpaid for so long that club now want changes….

Just hope whatever the new look KTV is going to be that it isn’t proved to be a step backwards

5 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Always enjoyed your input John , provided a fans point of view when rest of us could no be there in person, and often did not hold back unlike one or 2 others ,pity to do the task unpaid for so long that club now want changes….

Just hope whatever the new look KTV is going to be that it isn’t proved to be a step backwards

Thanks for the kind words. It was never about money for me, that’s what my day job is for. I would never feel comfortable taking money from the club I love. 

6 minutes ago, Killiestevo said:

Last season wasn't an easy watch but I enjoyed your insight on KTV John. You struck a great balance between fan and summariser and its very much a loss to the KTV product. Look forward to seeing you back in the stands next season. 

Totally agree wholeheartedly it was a pleasure to listen to a supporter giving his honest opinions at least you can watch killie from the stands and spend time with the family 

1 hour ago, Steppskillie said:

Agree, poor decision by the club in my opinion. Coverage was absolutely  fine. No need for a change.

You only need to read back this thread to see why the club has decided to try something different.

Edited by Killiepie

Will Gav still be carrying out his match day announcers duties for the club. Others opinions will differ but IMO he’s far more suited to that side of things. The match day experience from that point of view has improved since he returned to the club.

I hope KTV continues. Obviously we hope to be back to normal soon but going through the last season you can see how much of a god send it must be for ex pats to keep in touch with all things Killie. I was vocal in criticism at points but you could see the guys were trying and they took a lot of what was said on these forums on board as well as comments from social media

It’s easy to be too critical when someone’s doing “a job” on a voluntary basis.

Ninety minutes is a lot of airtime to fill and we, the audience, can be too critical. Even the pros on TV cop a lot of criticism.

You just really want someone who calls it as you see it on the screen and doesn’t try to sugar coat it with a pro-club bias.

Nor should they be over-critical of individual players. If someone is having a nightmare we can all see it.

Gav was a bit too happy-clappy while Alan Cochrane was a bit folksy and old school. John Boyd got the tone right almost all of the time, as did the other guy, whose name escapes me.

Edited by skygod

1 hour ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

I thought on the whole our commentaries were less biased than most others I have heard. Well done guys!

What I meant by sugarcoating the commentary with a pro-club bias was toeing the party line.

Saying that everything is rosy when we can see that it isn't; taking positives from a performance when there are none to be taken.

It was only near the end of the season that the commentary began to reflect the glaring inadequacies that had always been present. 

Away matches on KTV use the home teams facilities to provide the feed and we just piggie back off of that, it worked well last year as pretty much every premier league team used the same company to provide the streams.

EK dont appear to have a streaming service, just a youtube channel for Highlights.

also EK dont have an ISDN line installed so theres no capability to provide an audio commentary.

not much Killie can do in this circumstance.

edit:

looks like that have realized that they would be losing out financially by not having at least something:

https://eastkilbridefootballclub.co.uk/news/live-stream-purchase-process-guide-and-paywall-lin-04-12-2020

video only, no commentary

they certainly left it late.

Edited by gordon4418

13 hours ago, skygod said:

What I meant by sugarcoating the commentary with a pro-club bias was toeing the party line.

Saying that everything is rosy when we can see that it isn't; taking positives from a performance when there are none to be taken.

It was only near the end of the season that the commentary began to reflect the glaring inadequacies that had always been present. 

Suppose that’s what’s going to happen when a paid club employee (Gav) is commentating. Got to find the positives even when there aren’t any compared to John who was doing it for free and can speak his mind up to a point. Maybe that’s why he is no longer involved. 

56 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

confirmed on the League cup ticket announcement 

“We will also stream both home cup matches live on Killie TV through Pay Per View..”

Doesn’t show details as to prices as yet 

That'll do me not bothered with cup games