Killie TV Update

C4mmy31
Message added by Lroy,

Do not sign up for an International Subscription through a VPN with your Season Ticket account. Create a new account otherwise it will override your season ticket and you will not be able to view future games. A fix is being worked on. Contact [email protected] if you are affected by this issue.

5 minutes ago, killie89 said:

Yeah you’re probably right - I had a feeling the age of the laptop might be the cause!

Could be RAM also.  I'd no issues on an HD4000 (2013 spec intel integrated laptop graphics) using HDMI cables and Ethernet but wi 8GB of RAM.  Wi 4GB of RAM on my setup, I'd be struggling, dropping frmaes etc. Any iphone from last 5 years can handle KTV no bother though - if u get the £40 apple HDMI daptor.  Not got my VPN on my actual big PC - although that was an oversight!

11 minutes ago, killiekosmos said:

Seems OK when watching Netflix, YouTube or Amazon Prime though

I think (technically) is a big difference between a live streamed event and a streamed broadcast of something pre recorded - dropped frames, or where actual server broadcasting, screws up and broadcasting has to be done twice. All that costs you RAM and remeber Amazon video, youtube netflix etc is highly highly optimised for stuff like firsticks running on 2GB of RAM.  Latest Galaxys will be 8GB - big diffference in 'space' for a 105 min long event.  Hence on cheap device, reboot it at HT - lag problem when u run out of RAM solved.

30 minutes ago, RAG said:

All internet feeds have a delay like that, compared to TV, or (quickest) a radio broadcast.

A computer has to convert the camera and audio feed into a 'stream'.  Doesn't happen in an instant, unless like SKy you're using broadcast quality kit.

Even then, with a whol;e broadcast studio, Sky online and BBC sounds app etc, will be well behind the TV or radio signal.

Killie TV on laptop was great stream, but 60 seconds behind Sky via fire stick on IPTV.

i thot it would be other way round to be honest.

Just now, Andy said:

Killie TV on laptop was great stream, but 60 seconds behind Sky via fire stick on IPTV.

i thot it would be other way round to be honest.

Is a massive amount of CPU processing work to sync and broadcast it.  I noticed was a Verizon (US internet/mobile giant) service card at end of broadcast, so could be what they call 'ping' (bit like telephone call delay) using a US service vs UK systems?

I'm more concerned about the stream being bang on than actual time v sky, was spot on today for me, 99pc of time, althouigh I got weird ball artefacts when was travelling over the 3G floor at points - my system used today, wasn't great as i outlined though!

Interesting the different experiences of KTV today.  I watched the game on SKY but also had the laptop connected (on mute) to see how it would deal with the connection on semi-functional internet.  (Phone line is down but internet is working at lower speed and I'm guessing limited bandwidth as I've been struggling to download e:mails from a webmail account.)

Connected to KTV straight off and comparing the times on the screens started 40s behind the SKY and was pretty consistent right through first half.  Second half started just shy of 1min behind and was about 2.5min behind by the finish.  Saw no indication of any buffering or stops during the game though my concentration was on the big screen.

As a comparison using the apps from SKY BTSport and iplayer at the other end of the house so much further from the router. and with fully functional internet.  SKY usually just works but gradually creeps further behind the TV broadcast.  iplayer is temperamental and is prone to buffering and the odd lockup though not used it too much.  BT unpredicable and can be a right PITA.  Buffering often needs a restart and login to get going again and I don't think I've ever made it through half a game without some kind of hiccup.  I've basically just about given up using laptop for BT Sport as my phone is better at holding on to the connection though it is subject to some of the buffering though generally picks up after it.  Against that KTV did rather well.

6 hours ago, cammy2012 said:

First name -Second name-Season ticket code

Thanks for this. I wonder if there's an issue with logging in on only one device per ticket? Tested it on my phone, but had to use the wife's phone today to mirror it to the telly. 

Had slight audio issues as described above, but generally I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed watching it without the crowd. I've found the EPL stuff even more offputting than usual, but today I thought was great.

5 hours ago, Estragon said:

Thanks for this. I wonder if there's an issue with logging in on only one device per ticket? Tested it on my phone, but had to use the wife's phone today to mirror it to the telly. 

Had slight audio issues as described above, but generally I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed watching it without the crowd. I've found the EPL stuff even more offputting than usual, but today I thought was great.

Youre welcome. There are issues. Telly wouldn't accept my credentials so had to watch on phone. Result means Im not so pissed off. Anyone know how I get help on this?

5 hours ago, Estragon said:

Shouldn't be, as I watched the build up on my phone and then switched to my firestick when the game was about to kick off.

I made sure I logged out the account on my phone first though. 

I'm sorry if this has already been covered but don't want to be looking through 14 pages for something that might not be there. I'm am going to be getting express VPN so I can get the international KTV to watch the away games (would rather we got the money every month than other other clubs for PPV) and got some questions before I start the process if anyone can help.

1. Is there any issues signing up for international KTV when paying with a UK bank account?

2. Does KTV work on a firestick or is it just laptop, mobile etc?

3. What are the best regions to set your VPN to for watching the games?

4. Does the international KTV give access to all home and away games?

14 minutes ago, MuirP said:

I'm sorry if this has already been covered but don't want to be looking through 14 pages for something that might not be there. I'm am going to be getting express VPN so I can get the international KTV to watch the away games (would rather we got the money every month than other other clubs for PPV) and got some questions before I start the process if anyone can help.

1. Is there any issues signing up for international KTV when paying with a UK bank account?

I’m watching KTV in Lanzarote atm but usually watch it at home when Killie are playing away , I used my UK debit card to register last year . They’ve just automatically renewed my subscription of £129.99 via direct debit so I see no issues re question 1 .

I use Nord VPN and KTV has worked fine on Spanish and French regions , tbf haven’t tried any others but Gav was commenting last week from Easter Road that he bets there are a “lot of viewers from Adelaide watching today” obviously tongue in cheek .

Away games I think are governed by the access given by the home teams ability to provide such services .

I watched the game in Edinburgh on my PC using the edge browser. I cant get the internet onto our TV and have not worked out how to cast to it. The picture quality was fine the commentary was about 1 second behind the picture early in the first half  but that sorted itself out.

All in all considering we could not be there, it was fine.

No issues at all. They only check your location when trying to watch the game.

You need to install and turn on the VPN then use the internet browser on the firestick. Works perfectly well.

Best pick one of the closer European countries such as France or Belgium.

Yes it does. I didn't think we would get Ibrox but noticed St Mirren were showing yesterday games so think it will be every home and away.