Killie TV Update

C4mmy31
Message added by Lroy,

Do not sign up for an International Subscription through a VPN with your Season Ticket account. Create a new account otherwise it will override your season ticket and you will not be able to view future games. A fix is being worked on. Contact [email protected] if you are affected by this issue.

1 hour ago, McRodders said:

“International fans” can you cast the game from your phone or laptop onto the tv using Chromecast? 

I haven't tried that. I use the HDMI port on the laptop and connect it to the TV as it would be a far more reliable connection.

5 hours ago, McRodders said:

“International fans” can you cast the game from your phone or laptop onto the tv using Chromecast? 

Did it last night from my Samsung mobile to LG tv .

Just married up screen share app from TV together with Smart View from mobile to watch |Sundays highlights

5 hours ago, McRodders said:

Tried it the other week for the hibs game, chromecast wouldn't let me connect while using a VPN so probably better using an HDMI or something similar

3 hours ago, Tianjin99 said:

Tried it the other week for the hibs game, chromecast wouldn't let me connect while using a VPN so probably better using an HDMI or something similar

Indeed. Once you have connected via VPN, you are no longer on the WiFi network by definition, so you won't be able to see the Chromecast.

2 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

I have bought NordPVN and went on the Kllietv website . Stupid question . Its asking for an address. I am guessing i don't have to move to France which is the server i choose ?

Usual address is fine. It only matters where it thinks your computer is. UK bank and address is fine.

1 hour ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Indeed. Once you have connected via VPN, you are no longer on the WiFi network by definition, so you won't be able to see the Chromecast.

Couldn't get Google Chrome to cast to my Samsung TV (source not supported).

Tried AirPlay (Airserver) that didn't work for me either.

However, I then tried AirParrot 3 (free trial) and that seems to work fine. Killie TV on my PC now appears on TV screen too.

1 hour ago, Killie Minogue said:

Couldn't get Google Chrome to cast to my Samsung TV (source not supported).

Tried AirPlay (Airserver) that didn't work for me either.

However, I then tried AirParrot 3 (free trial) and that seems to work fine. Killie TV on my PC now appears on TV screen too.

There's airplay v1 and airplay v2, both branded airplay with same logo, but all smart TVs with 'airplay' will be airplay2.  Older software might not know about airplay 2 , it's why I urge everyone confused to buy an HDMI cable!

23 minutes ago, RAG said:

There's airplay v1 and airplay v2, both branded airplay with same logo, but all smart TVs with 'airplay' will be airplay2.  Older software might not know about airplay 2 , it's why I urge everyone confused to buy an HDMI cable!

Hi Tried using USB to HDMI cable as my tele has HDMI (less than a year old) but laptop has only USB. Can’t get anything on screen can you suggest where I am going wrong? Thanks

26 minutes ago, tanerba'Tam said:

Hi Tried using USB to HDMI cable as my tele has HDMI (less than a year old) but laptop has only USB. Can’t get anything on screen can you suggest where I am going wrong? Thanks

Sounds more complicated than a cable with a HMDIt plug at both ends!  USB to HDMI sounds like you've got the smaller rounder USB-C connector on the laptop?  More likely if it's a newer more expensive one. If it's an older machine, there might be no HDMI output!  If it iUSB-C, you can get wee adaptors or dongles for full sized standard HDMI ports, ethernet and (normal sized) USB, you plug in for about £15 , which might work better.  All laptops are different, depends what model you're using.  Macs for example, require a 'Thunderbolt 3' compatible cable to do the USB-C  to HDMI TV output thing.

1 minute ago, RAG said:

Sounds more complicated than a cable with a HMDIt plug at both ends!  USB to HDMI sounds like you've got the smaller rounder USB-C connector on the laptop?  More likely if it's a newer more expensive one. If it's an older machine, there might be no HDMI output!  If it iUSB-C, you can get wee adaptors or dongles for full sized standard HDMI ports, ethernet and (normal sized) USB, you plug in for about £15 , which might work better.  All laptops are different, depends what model you're using.  Macs for example, require a 'Thunderbolt 3' compatible cable to do the USB-C  to HDMI TV output thing.

Thanks will get onto it. It’s an older laptop but believe it or not got it to cast after spending the last 3 days trying unsuccessfully hence the reason for the need for the cable. Will still pursue the cable route as looks like this is going to be a long term thing. Cheers again for the help, much appreciated.

5 minutes ago, tanerba'Tam said:

Thanks will get onto it. It’s an older laptop but believe it or not got it to cast after spending the last 3 days trying unsuccessfully hence the reason for the need for the cable. Will still pursue the cable route as looks like this is going to be a long term thing. Cheers again for the help, much appreciated.

I'd stick with casting if that works for you.  I'm just paranoid someone walks in front of the router during the match and blocks my wifi signal - much better having them trip over an HDMI cable!

9 minutes ago, RAG said:

I'd stick with casting if that works for you.  I'm just paranoid someone walks in front of the router during the match and blocks my wifi signal - much better having them trip over an HDMI cable!

Tomorrow night will be the acid test as watched Sunday’s game on Sky. Fingers crossed it works for the full game!! 
Thanks again and happy viewing...

Morning

Quick question, which has no doubt been asked and answered before, so apologies for that...but...

Do I need to set up a new Killie TV account-with VPN enabled-to become an "international" subscriber? Or do I just use the one already set up for my already purchased season ticket and enable the international option through that?

Many thanks for any help given.