Killie Shop - Customer Service

Nabby

I live in Edinburgh & we travelled down today. Had nice bite in Killie Club & at 3:58 we wandered over to the shop. The door was open but we were told the shop was closed. Does Kilmarnock have its own Kilmarnock time? The club has lost custom we were going to buy training gear etc. New strip, new sponsor same old mind set. Time the club really had a word with its staff in terms of what it means to work in retail. They clearly don’t get it. 

12 minutes ago, Nabby said:

I live in Edinburgh & we travelled down today. Had nice bite in Killie Club & at 3:58 we wandered over to the shop. The door was open but we were told the shop was closed. Does Kilmarnock have its own Kilmarnock time? The club has lost custom we were going to buy training gear etc. New strip, new sponsor same old mind set. Time the club really had a word with its staff in terms of what it means to work in retail. They clearly don’t get it. 

Seems harsh, I wouldn't turn up at any shop seconds before closing time and expect it to still be open. You should have checked the opening times. 

Hmmm. Maybe a wee bit of flexibility could have been shown. The door was open and it was 3.58 pm. The shop closes at 4pm so was still open. They could have let you in and locked the door to stop any more customers coming in. However, appearing just before closing considering you were just across the car park for at least an hour seems a bit inconsiderate to be fair.

But two wrongs don't make a right.

Given that the Killie club is mere yards from the shop , could easily have checked the times the shop was open in seconds or even asked at the killie club ....has been several issues in past few weeks in some cases rightly moaned about ......but on this occasion , sorry but fault is yours IMO...

1 hour ago, Nabby said:

Think your in the wrong in this situation .i know it was 2 mins but still staff would be wanting home u had all afternoon to go in shop

1 hour ago, Nabby said:

Well thanks for the feedback. I think you may have chosen to miss the point. I know strips were not for sale, I know when the shop closes - I can read. I can even tell the time & make big boy choices about when I eat. I know I can order things on line - but hey there is additional postage to pay. 
 There is a distinction between when somewhere is due to close and when staff expect to go home. 
On a positive note I saved the family a heap of money. So all good. 

6 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

As said, maybe the folk in the shop had arrangements that meant leaving strictly at 4. There's no way you would have been finished and served by then. They were completely in the right 

Fine. Good to know. Club lose money. I am still in pocket. I can happily give my cash to Papa Johns pizza instead. 

8 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Well thanks for the feedback. I think you may have chosen to miss the point. I know strips were not for sale, I know when the shop closes - I can read. I can even tell the time & make big boy choices about when I eat. I know I can order things on line - but hey there is additional postage to pay. 
 There is a distinction between when somewhere is due to close and when staff expect to go home. 
On a positive note I saved the family a heap of money. So all good. 

So you knew all along what time it shut.......but still waited and waited.....to seconds before it closed even though you were only yards away......

1 hour ago, Nabby said:

How do I give myself a thumbs up! I feel distraught with so many thumbs down. How can I face the disgrace and loss of face. My CV will be tarnished. Woe is me. #devastated