Killie Shop - Customer Service

Nabby

36 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

What tends to happen in supermarkets is the doors are locked and a member of staff unlocks them to let customers out once they have finished. 

Most stores usually have a tannoy announcement about 15 minutes before closing advising customers to make their way to the checkout  

OP says it was 3.58. That could mean 3.58 and 58 seconds. 

Staff in the shop may have a clock which said its 4pm .

We're talking seconds here.

OP should have visited the shop earlier.

Staff should shut the door if they're closed.

It's not difficult for either party involved. 

I know what tends to happen, they also don't tend to let anyone in a couple minutes before closing either. People aren't let in a few minutes before yet many customers still aren't out the shop before 'closing time'. The members of staff then have to work on unpaid.

2 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Perhaps it would help if it was announced in the Killie Club at 15:45 that the club shop will close in 15 minutes should anyone wish to use it . 

Perhaps a member of staff could also come over and take orders for requirements for the shop whilst people enjoy their lunch!
I think most people would have shopped first and dined afterwards and this lengthy thread has come about because one individual chose not to. Lesson learned hopefully. 

1 minute ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

Perhaps a member of staff could also come over and take orders for requirements for the shop whilst people enjoy their lunch!
I think most people would have shopped first and dined afterwards and this lengthy thread has come about because one individual chose not to. Lesson learned hopefully. 

Excellent idea, sorry but my post was a flippant attempt at sarcasm.

Cannot believe this has went to a 6-pager, with some pretty pedantic responses.

Any shop in the UK can refuse to serve you for many reasons, as long as they're not discriminatory.

Common sense would suggest sallying up just before close of business is a pretty good one!

It might not make good business sense, but that is a different matter entirely.

9_9

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

So you're one of these folk who turn up last kick just as staff are trying to finish up for the day, despite having worked in that industry before and knowing how annoying it is?

Why does that not surprise me!

Erm........no. Where did I say that? 

Edited by Mclean07

2 hours ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

Or perhaps they could just cope with the occasional customer who comes in near closing time, like everyone else in retail does.

39 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Or perhaps they could just cope with the occasional customer who comes in near closing time, like everyone else in retail does.

Except that's not true.

Try and buy something in say a local Tesco after 10pm even if you are already in the shop at 9.50pm and their closing time is 10pm.

42 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Erm........no. Where did I say that? 

Misread your original post, apologies.

Just to let folks know.. i got my email.. my XL size was in the shop but it will be late Tuesday before its ready with number and name... they have bags full of ones going out for mail delivery.

The ladies in the shop did a great job getting the mail deliveries done today... just got ro wait till Tuesday late on to pick it up with numbers done.

A small mix up sending out mails to everyone, even if they still had numbers/name to get done.. don't give the ladies a hard time if you pop in and they aren't ready yet... not their fault.

Popped in this morning and bought my lad the new home top.  Both home and away look far better up close and appear really well made.  I'd not pre-ordered and there's loads available in most sizes.  Oh and the teal Hummell training top is an absolute belter, sadly ruined by the sponsor.

Edited by Merk

20 minutes ago, Merk said:

Popped in this morning and bought my lad the new home top.  Both home and away look far better up close and appear really well made.  I'd not pre-ordered and there's loads available in most sizes.  Oh and the teal Hummell training top is an absolute belter, sadly ruined by the sponsor.

I was told the larger sizes were going to be in late august

57 minutes ago, maxyboy said:

Went in and picked up my order dead easy and can confirm the away top is an absolute classic 

I've just spent 40 mins waiting on Fran n Anna behind he counter finding my away top order, as did the 2 people in front of me, to be told the email with the order number sent a few days ago doesn't match the actual order attatched to the tops.