Full steam ahead

piffer

4 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Whilst I am delighted the game is going ahead the whole thing reeks. Mandatory restructuring should have been put in with no time limit.

Let's hope there is no second wave next season with 8 games to go and we are bottom by a point with a game in hand. 

Mandatory restructuring to what though ? The fourteen team top league was fine if you made the top six, but hellish if you were too good to be relegated but not good enough to get into the top six. Adding another two teams to a system that already has too many clubs in it just to make the numbers work was madness. 

I think the relegation of these clubs is grossly unfair. I would rather have a proper football club in the league bringing a good support than the likes of Hamilton, Livingston, St Johnstone and Ross County. What a difference with Hearts, Dunfermline, Dundee, Partick, Morton or Ayr instead.

3 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I think the relegation of these clubs is grossly unfair. I would rather have a proper football club in the league bringing a good support than the likes of Hamilton, Livingston, St Johnstone and Ross County. What a difference with Hearts, Dunfermline, Dundee, Partick, Morton or Ayr instead.

Who you would prefer has nothing to do with fairness, that's what Budge thought other top league teams would consider when they voted and she was wrong. 

6 minutes ago, piffer said:

Proper talks about reconstruction should start now. Maybe for the start of next season or more likely the start of the following season. An independent panel to bring plans to the table for clubs to vote on. 

Waste of time, Celtic, Sevco, and Sky wouldn't allow it to happen. 

Just now, Wrangodog said:

Who you would prefer has nothing to do with fairness, that's what Budge thought other top league teams would consider when they voted and she was wrong. 

Too true. Otherwise little Bournemouth shouldn't have been allowed to battle it out with a proper club like Aston Villa! If supporters of smaller clubs can't dream and occasionally come out on top the whole game may as well be a franchised soulless mess! 

Basic issue is that our league structure and bodies are a joke. The voting structure means that no meaningful change will ever occur. Doncaster are Co are hopeless. What is he actually getting paid for. Yes I know he is representing the clubs etc and it is them who votes but he has shown no leadership in trying to resolve this situation. That is his job. 

Much like a government you should vote in a board to make decisions every 4 years or so. If you don't like them vote in someone else but having to vote on every single action is holding the game back and is responsible for this mess. 

Relegating teams without playing a full season takes away the whole point of fair sport. Ultimately that is what we watch. 

16 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Maybe those teams you claim are “proper football clubs” should start actually winning games then they would be in the top league. 

4 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Maybe those teams you claim are “proper football clubs” should start actually winning games then they would be in the top league. 

Just stated my preference. Too many nothing clubs in the league for too long. Rugby Park would be a far better experience with any of the clubs I mentioned. 

38 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Just stated my preference. Too many nothing clubs in the league for too long. Rugby Park would be a far better experience with any of the clubs I mentioned. 

I don't think anyone could disagree with that but they've got to get there first. The teams with a small fan base are there because they're good enough to be there.

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Nicely stirred there McLean. I would say the relegation of Hearts and Partick is unfortunate rather than grossly unfair. Covid-19 and the implications on football meant tough decisions had to be made regarding relegation and there was never going to be a decision that was completely fair. Grossly unfair would have been to deny promotion to Dundee Utd and Cove who romped their leagues.

So the definition of a proper football club is based on attendances and travelling support is it? In that case are we a proper club? We’re we a proper club in 1964/65 when home attendances apart from against the big sides were 6/7,000. You earn your league position on merit and if the teams you mention are good enough, I agree, they would be worthwhile additions to the league. 

No love for Hearts, they were poor all season and likely to be relegated any way. Budge has made so many mistakes at Hearts, with the appointment of Jeffries she is still making them. 

In Thistle's case, I'm not sure what they were expecting to gain from tagging along? 

Surely, that's it done and dusted now. Time to get a proper review going that will lead to a sustainable future for our national game. 

59 minutes ago, Galdunc11 said:

Nicely stirred there McLean. I would say the relegation of Hearts and Partick is unfortunate rather than grossly unfair. Covid-19 and the implications on football meant tough decisions had to be made regarding relegation and there was never going to be a decision that was completely fair. Grossly unfair would have been to deny promotion to Dundee Utd and Cove who romped their leagues.

So the definition of a proper football club is based on attendances and travelling support is it? In that case are we a proper club? We’re we a proper club in 1964/65 when home attendances apart from against the big sides were 6/7,000. You earn your league position on merit and if the teams you mention are good enough, I agree, they would be worthwhile additions to the league. 

Grossly unfair is relegating a team with a game in hand. If tough decisions need to be made , Dundee Utd never completed their league and teams had a mathematical chance of catching them. In my opinion promotion should be denied rather than relegating a team. My point is you can't make decisions when you haven't played the same teams the same number of times. Its not a level playing field. If that criteria isn't fulfilled then you can't award anything. 

I have no love for Hearts but know when something is completely wrong

Edited by kfc_superteam

2 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Grossly unfair is relegating a team with a game in hand. Dundee Utd never completed their league and teams had a mathematical chance of catching them. In my opinion promotion should be denied rather relegating a team. My point is you can't make decisions when you haven't played the same teams the same number of times. Its not a level playing field. If that criteria isn't fulfilled then you can award anything. 

There was never going to be a fair way to resolve this and I have complete sympathy for fans of the teams affected. We know how we would feel in a similar situation. 

Unfortunately- for Hearts and Partick - a decision had to be made and it went against them and they are just going to have to suck it up and get on with it. Can’t agree that punishing a team in a promotion spot is preferable to one in a relegation position but this whole scenario is horrendous and there were going to be losers whatever decision was reached unless there was a way of completing the fixtures...which there wasn’t. 

We all know that if it was one of the “diddy” teams and not Hearts that were relegated there would be nothing like the same fuss. Level playing field you say.....

2 hours ago, Galdunc11 said:

We all know that if it was one of the “diddy” teams and not Hearts that were relegated there would be nothing like the same fuss. Level playing field you say.....

Exactly, Here's one example of Hearts fans thoughts before the St Mirren game..... 

Screenshot_20200510-132248_Gallery.thumb.jpg.4dc46f455b1ac63ad2864b771cc1f417.jpg.73f8dcfb8996922ad47f25b88f47a959.jpg

Not a hoot would have been given.

On 7/27/2020 at 5:22 PM, kfc_superteam said:

Grossly unfair is relegating a team with a game in hand. If tough decisions need to be made , Dundee Utd never completed their league and teams had a mathematical chance of catching them. In my opinion promotion should be denied rather than relegating a team. My point is you can't make decisions when you haven't played the same teams the same number of times. Its not a level playing field. If that criteria isn't fulfilled then you can't award anything. 

So a team who were better than their competitors over however no of games, should suffer over a team proven worse than their competitors. Perverse logic. When will folk realise that COVID is a once in a hundred Year deadly pandemic. Its s**t and there's always going to be bad consequences for some. Hearts & Particks plight comes fairly down the list of 'things we should give a s**te about" at this moment in time.

1 hour ago, cammy2012 said:

So a team who were better than their competitors over however no of games, should suffer over a team proven worse than their competitors. Perverse logic. When will folk realise that COVID is a once in a hundred Year deadly pandemic. Its s**t and there's always going to be bad consequences for some. Hearts & Particks plight comes fairly down the list of 'things we should give a s**te about" at this moment in time.

It was easy to solve on a temporary basis and no team had to suffer. I’m 100% certain if it was us in this situation your attitude would be the complete opposite. It’s possible to think about more than one thing at a time. 

19 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

It was easy to solve on a temporary basis and no team had to suffer. I’m 100% certain if it was us in this situation your attitude would be the complete opposite. It’s possible to think about more than one thing at a time. 

And if we were in that position you can bet there wouldnt have been any debate, let alone a court case.

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

If it was only solved on a temporary basis then that just pushes back who suffers to a later date in time. The only way to not lose out was league reconstruction, but the proposals Hearts put forward seen some clubs at a disadvantage and funnily enough it wasn’t them. So f**k them!