Danny Rogers

CB

56 minutes ago, ki11ie said:

Bad mistake, no real excuse. Don’t right him off yet, sure Bachmann had a poor debut against rangers in the cup

The goalkeeping at the second goal was actually quite similar to the Morelos (I think) goal in that game where Scott Boyd got turned.

Eastwood made a rash decision at the first goal but other than that he made a very good save at 1-0 down and came out and collected a cross looking very steady. Wouldn't be overly concerned about him.

Edited by Fletch

53 minutes ago, Fletch said:

The goalkeeping at the second goal was actually quite similar to the Morelos (I think) goal in that game where Scott Boyd got turned.

Eastwood made a rash decision at the first goal but other than that he made a very good save at 1-0 down and came out and collected a cross looking very steady. Wouldn't be overly concerned about him.

Rush of blood for the first goal. Trying to hard to make an impression likely. Hopefully he shows his worth next week. Cause he’ll be busy for sure

9 hours ago, Pompey Exile said:

Very odd from Dyer to say afterwards he's number one. Bit of a kick in the balls for Rogers.

Somone days aw no a sweeper keeper from one of his screenshots. Seems they were right! (Tougue firmly in cheek)

I feel for Rogers. I thought the defence looked much more settled with him in goal and Hibs weren't carving us open at all. God knows how good a keeper he is because he didn't make a save second half but I would say he deserves to start against Celtic given how much more confident the defence were in him.

Eastwood should have to earn his place. He hasn't done that yet and Saturday showed he needs time on the training ground to battle it out with Rogers for the starting spot.

As said above...he should never have started. We signed him Wednesday and Sheffield United haven't been training for a week or so as the season was over. We should have played Rogers and told Eastwood to earn that place over the coming weeks. 

In hindsight it looks like a poor decision to start him over Rogers. Although he might have just looked a level above in training the past few days and why Dyer had went for him over Rogers. 

Unfortunately for GK’s any mistakes they made usually end up in a goal. He came and claimed a cross not long after the error and also made a good save from Newall. Hopefullly turns out to be a decent signing going forward.

25 minutes ago, livvy said:

I feel for Rogers. I thought the defence looked much more settled with him in goal and Hibs weren't carving us open at all. God knows how good a keeper he is because he didn't make a save second half but I would say he deserves to start against Celtic given how much more confident the defence were in him.

Eastwood should have to earn his place. He hasn't done that yet and Saturday showed he needs time on the training ground to battle it out with Rogers for the starting spot.

As said above...he should never have started. We signed him Wednesday and Sheffield United haven't been training for a week or so as the season was over. We should have played Rogers and told Eastwood to earn that place over the coming weeks. 

So could it be a contractual matter that he plays when fit? Surely not.

31 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

Unfortunately for GK’s any mistakes they made usually end up in a goal. He came and claimed a cross not long after the error and also made a good save from Newall.

I think if the order of these events had been reversed, there might have been less shock at the time.

Or if it had been a handling error. It was just that his first involvement in the match was such bad judgement that it looked like he'd never played in goal before!

When Lekovic was sent off in a 5-1 win over Raith Rovers and Gus went in goal for most of the second half, wasn't it after a similarly kamikaze excursion from his area? It happens.

I'm inclined to put it down to nerves and move on, as much as he can move on if he's injured. But he has to earn his place. Dyer saying that he is No. 1 can't be right.

1 hour ago, livvy said:

.he should never have started. We signed him Wednesday and Sheffield United haven't been training for a week or so as the season was over. We should have played Rogers and told Eastwood to earn that place over the coming weeks. 

Out of interest, say we had signed Bachmann on Wednesday would you have played him?

I think the 'Great save' after the first goal is being overstated. For me that wasn't right in the corner and at a manageable height should be saved 75% of the time. Certainly would have added to criticism on here if it had gone in. 

If it's true that he's guaranteed first choice as part of the loan deal that's a terrible deal if he turns out to be another Woodman manager shouldn't be boxed in like that! 

10 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

I think the 'Great save' after the first goal is being overstated. For me that wasn't right in the corner and at a manageable height should be saved 75% of the time. Certainly would have added to criticism on here if it had gone in. 

If it's true that he's guaranteed first choice as part of the loan deal that's a terrible deal if he turns out to be another Woodman manager shouldn't be boxed in like that! 

If he turns out to be another Woodman then we’ve got a very good goalkeeper.

38 minutes ago, Pelesboots said:

Out of interest, say we had signed Bachmann on Wednesday would you have played him?

You mean a keeper who had previously played with all of the back four and knows nine of the starting team? 

It doesn't seem a fair comparison. 

7 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

If the deal is Eastwood has to play when fit then Rogers has been totally screwed over and managers ability to manage is undermined. I'd never go for a deal like that. 

I would imagine Rogers knew he would be second choice the minute a loan deal keeper came in. Same thing happened when Woodman and Bachmann arrived on loan. Rogers still has a chance to become first choice if Eastwood makes any more clangers like the one on Saturday, plus he'll probably get to play in the League Cup games. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

Bachman didn’t go straight into the team. MacDonald played until dropped by Steve Clarke (the week he was selected for the Scotland squad) some time later.

Correct happened at Tynecastle. 

Jamie was dropped and Ross Millen deputised for SOD.

Big Dan had a stormer and never looked back.

Ross scored the winning goal.

Happy days.

8 hours ago, Pelesboots said:

Honestly...probably not. But that would be a different scenario as Bachmann had played and trained with all the defenders who played so I could see logic in that situation. Bachmann is also tried and tested at this level which is another thing to factor in.