Killie's Most In-Famous Result ?

Allan

Lets keep the negativity in the part... so... with that in mind .... What are Killie's most pathetic results?

- Nomads (H) in 2019

- A*r (A) in the Cup in 1998

- Coleraine (H) 1970 Inter Cities Fairs Cup

- Gretna (A @ Fir Park) in 2008 ??

Plenty more out there Im sure!

The 0-4 skanking off of Dee to start 2015 wasnt too clever, or away to Ton in the Cup either!

We lost 0-7 a couple of times at Tannadice. Just a fair reflection of the gulf between the teams at the time. 

Losing 0-5 to Clydebank (A), 0-5 to Airdrie (H) and 0-4 to Meadowbank (A) in the space of a month in 1984 was another matter. 

Inverness Thistle, Nomads and Coleraine in descending order. 

Edited by skygod

Nomads game was a stinker. I was kicking about in the ground a while after FT and Yeti was screaming obscenities as the last of the interviews were getting filmed. Drove 200 miles straight from work to get there just in time for KO and 200 miles back straight after. That was a painful 3hr drive in the dark. Had work the next day too.

I was absolutely rat arsed at the Gretna game with @Twisted and can't remember much of it. Probably for the best.

I was in the main stand at Ayr in 98. For a young boy who thought Killie were on top of the world after the cup, that brought me back to earth with a bang.

Hibs cup final I think has it for me. It was our realistic chance, no old firm. We were better than Hibs that season and we bottled it.

Inverness for me was a massive low, as was the 5-0 against Airdire and 4-1 against the mankies.

Our club was a shambles during the 80's and early 90's so some of the results will reflect that.

But the humping from Livi in the league at home in our more modern era was a sore one.

17 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

But the humping from Livi in the league at home in our more modern era was a sore one.

Isn't that the one where we (killiefc) had arranged a 'meet the manager' in the old chatroom & the half a dozen fans livi have hijacked it?

There have been a few but its the Nomads for me due to the sheer collapse from the high of 2 months previous to that utter disgrace.

An absolute embarrassment for the whole country never mind Kilmarnock. 

We had our warning down there and got away with it. Still managed to cock it up.

Honourable mentions to

Ayr, Alloa, Morton, Meadowbank and Stirling in cups.

1 hour ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Worst feelings were after relegation at QoS and League Cup humiliation by Hibs

I was at Dumfries that day and my worst memory was of a wee boy listening to the Clyde result radio turning to his friend and saying , "Maybe they are just saying that."  Tragic.

Again, not an infamously bad result but my worst experience as a Killie fan was when we lost 1-0 to Aberdeen in the Scottish at Muirton in Perth. At that time I really "believed" we hd one of the best teams in Scotland and a cold shower in reality was not pleasant. At that time nobody really took Aberdeen that seriously but the went on the beat Celtic in the final and that was the start of their probably greatest era.

To end on a bit of a high, my best memry as a Killie Fan was watching Neil Lennon go Tonto when they didn't get a penalty at the end of the League Cup Final. So its not all bad news as a Killie fan.  

1 hour ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

In 50+ years of suffering humiliating results  the Nomads games was the worst  for me. 

Felt embarrassed and angry many times but the that result left me physically sick, not helped by the fact i'd booked to go to Belgrade!

Not quite 50 years for me, more like 30+ but Nomads is easily the worst I've ever felt at full time.

Like yourself, I had booked Belgrade and fair play the guys that went (plenty of my mates did) but even the thought of going was making me angry!

Hibs Final, Ayr humpings twice in a year and once as holders, Stirling humiliation, Gretna shambles etc are all up there but Nomads wins hands down.

That group of players could have been heroes, immortal even amongst Killie fans but that result put a massive negative on what should have been an unreal 12 months.

While the Hibs, (5-1), Gretna, Inverness Thistle, Stirling Albion results are bad the Nomads result is easily the worst in my opinion. It was an embarrassment for both us and also for Scottish football. 

Like SH implies the team were 100% to blame - personal pride should have been enough not to lose that tie. 

2 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

Nomads.

Alessio should have been sacked on the spot

In nearly 60 years of following Killie I firstly agree the Nomads is defiantly a contender for 100% worst result although there is some absolutely brutal competition in there.

And I also 100% agree with your 2nd point. I was concerned it was just a knee jerk reaction at the time Now on more sober reflection I find I have not changed my mind. He should have walked on the night.

Nomads for me, however I’m blessed that my entire life Killie have been in the top flight - spoiled some would say! 

Horrible night, 18-months of hard work undone in 90 minutes. As others have said, felt physically sick that night. 

I booked to go to Belgrade and still went. Was a good laugh and then every 10-minutes or so I’d wind myself up thinking about how it would have been 100x better if Killie were playing.

Couldn’t bring myself to go to the game either, most of my mates did but I stayed in the boozer. I just couldn’t have faced that. 

2 hours ago, CB said:

Isn't that the one where we (killiefc) had arranged a 'meet the manager' in the old chatroom & the half a dozen fans livi have hijacked it?

Not sure  but I know we were horrendous that day.  It was when they had David Fernández and all the cash they wasted, shortly before the imploded.

2 hours ago, Lroy said:

Hibs cup final I think has it for me. It was our realistic chance, no old firm. We were better than Hibs that season and we bottled it.

We definitely bottled it on the day, but I thought Hibs were excellent that season. Probably one of the best Hibs sides I've seen in my lifetime. We were good too, right enough, but i remember thinking in the build up that this one really could go either way. Still a day to forget in the end!