Killie's Most In-Famous Result ?

Allan

Has to be Nomads because of the way we chucked it and the gulf between the clubs off the field.

Inverness Thistle was a huge shock but it was pre the pre-internet days so no-one really remembers it except us. QoS was bad at the time but ultimately the catalyst for where we are today.

Hibs cup final was a right sore one to take as I took my two young sons and leading them out the ground in tears after the 4th goal was heartbreaking... one is now a diehard Killie fan and the other has never watched a game since.

There are numerous others that can be included: Ayr in 98 & 99, Stirling Albion, Brechin, Alloa, 1-8 v Rangers, 1-6 v StMirren and many more.

For me it is undoubtedly Nomads .... was so feckin suicidal that night it nearly took the shine of the trip to Rhyl.

1 hour ago, Scouser2 said:

Chad Harpur, Gretna “away”, the Half time On pitch coaching charades ......that was a true nightmare to witness and still brings back chills 

"Your Not Fit To Wear The Shirt" .... they sang!..... Fans completely turned on the entire team and JJ's entorage... BRUTAL!

Of further note Danny scored a screamer from 2 inches out on the Sat (3 days later) as Killie humped the Buddies 1-0 at Rugers for "business as usual to be resumed".

Has to be the Nomads game for me.

Usually after a bad result I’m ok after a few days but I’m still sitting here a year later wondering how we messed that game up so badly. Nomads had all the work to do, they had to score. I remember thinking at half time, this is fine, 0-0, see out the 2nd half and that’s us in Belgrade.

After waiting years to get back in to Europe for it to end like that. Easily the worst I’ve ever felt walking away from a killie game. 

The lowest point for me was the game against Berwick Rangers that was played at Tynecastle because their roof had blown off in a storm.

3-0 down after 80  minutes of the most appalling ineptitude that I have ever witnessed in blue and white, we then decide to start playing and scored two in the last ten minutes and almost grabbed an equaliser.  

It was about a month maybe two before Bobby Fleeting took over and we signed Tommy, everything since then has been upwards, with the occasional setback.

On 7/29/2020 at 2:22 PM, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

The 6-0 win relegation was awful but finding out in the car that Clyde got their 96 min penalty because they had been wasting time whole 2nd half was even more galling. 

Even worse was finding out that the Clyde player had dived for the penalty .... he told me that himself and it was the softest penalty he had ever been given ....

4 hours ago, BigD'sGingerLorry said:

The lowest point for me was the game against Berwick Rangers that was played at Tynecastle because their roof had blown off in a storm.

The season we were in the old Second Division, 1973-74, we didn't make that great start. 

We played Berwick away in the second match and lost 1-4! I don't know who decided the fixtures in the Scottish League because we played them at home less than a month later and lost again, 2-3.

That was a low-point and it cost Walter his job. Willie Fernie was in the dug-out for the next home game and we battered the leaders Airdrie 4-0.

In the last eleven matches of that season, Ian Fleming rattled in 18 goals! 

Edited by skygod

Agree with all of these. A random horror story nobody else has mentioned; blowing a 3-0 half-time lead at Brockville to draw 3-3, maybe '94? The equaliser was a last-minute, weak free-kick straight at Geddes, and he went down to his knees and somehow let it dribble through them. I know it wasn't particularly infamous or against lesser opposition, and not even a defeat. But I remember feeling so devastated after, because we had spent so long and worked so hard trying to get back in the premier, and now I was convinced we were going straight back down for another decade or so of exile. The League Cup Final gets a mention as well, cos I lived in Leith and had a Hibby girlfriend, and had to come home on the train with them all

7 hours ago, BigD'sGingerLorry said:

3-0 down after 80  minutes of the most appalling ineptitude that I have ever witnessed in blue and white, we then decide to start playing and scored two in the last ten minutes and almost grabbed an equaliser.  

It was about a month maybe two before Bobby Fleeting took over and we signed Tommy, everything since then has been upwards, with the occasional setback.

Nov 1989 at Tynecastle, crowd 784, 3 down to Berwick Rangers after 30 minutes and we were a shambles of a team and a total shambles of a football club. Thank you Bobby Fleeting for rescuing us.

Conditioned to defeat and with no expectations, I still felt better that night than I did after the Nomads defeat.

3 hours ago, Bryan said:

Always remember thinking we had hit our lowest when we lost 2-1 to East Stirling at Firs Park.  Dave McCabe missed a penalty i'm sure.

Couldn't believe where we were then,

Fairly sure that was the infamous game where the stadium announcer on seeing the Killie masses exclaimed, “is that a crowd I see before me?”

The Nomads result made us a laughing stock across the continent. There have been other low-points in my time, but none so clearly in the glare of publicity.

Other than that, sitting in Rugby Park and watching Gary Locke’s band of misfits slump to 0-4 down against Ross County after 35 mins was a very low point. Just a couple weeks on from having been humped 0-4 by Dundee in our first game of the season.

One of my first heartbreaks was losing at home to Coleraine, I'm remember that I cried that night.
In my defence, I was only 26 :) 
I was actually 10, but that feeling was to become pretty familiar during the 70's and 80's if never as strong.

For various reasons I was never able to make it to any euro away trips during our rebound years, so when we finally made a return under SC, my mind was made up.
Wherever it was, I would be there. Well it ended up in Wales and I wisny there (ticket chances did not warrant flights from USA)

Seconds after full time, I confirmed flights I had been researching. Can't remember ever being this excited about a Killie away game, seeing my team in a country I'd never been too... was like a kid on Christmas eve.

The 2nd leg defeat will haunt me the rest of my days, it's hard to think of a result that hurt like that one did.
To go from the euphoria of beating sevco to clinch 3rd place, to losing 2-0 to a part time Welsh outfit, when even a one goal defeat puts us through, was beyond my comprehension.
My rage took weeks to subside, and there's naebody ower here who even slightly comprehends my pain and humiliation so ah couldny even vent.
So aye, Nomads.

Aaaaaand breathe

On 7/30/2020 at 11:17 PM, Boring Bob said:

Nov 1989 at Tynecastle, crowd 784, 3 down to Berwick Rangers after 30 minutes and we were a shambles of a team and a total shambles of a football club. Thank you Bobby Fleeting for rescuing us.

Conditioned to defeat and with no expectations, I still felt better that night than I did after the Nomads defeat.

Nomads for me followed by Coleraine. Then the  Berwick at Tynie farce. I remember a spineless 5-0 pumping at Kilbowie in late 1990s - that was really bad. A 2-0 defeat at Muiton when we didn’t even win a corner in 90 minutes. There were some god awful games in the 1980s. 

On 7/30/2020 at 10:43 PM, Jalkapallo said:

Agree with all of these. A random horror story nobody else has mentioned; blowing a 3-0 half-time lead at Brockville to draw 3-3, maybe '94?

If my memory is correct the game was played in a howling gale force wind. The 2nd half Falkirk had the advantage of the wind behind them and ended with Killie hanging on for the draw.

22 hours ago, TLC said:Other than that, sitting in Rugby Park and watching Gary Locke’s band of misfits slump to 0-4 down against Ross County after 35 mins was a very low point. Just a couple weeks on from having been humped 0-4 by Dundee in our first game of the season.

That was the angriest I I think I’ve ever been. Left at 0-3 by which point it should already have been about 0-10

3 hours ago, EKX16 said:

If my memory is correct the game was played in a howling gale force wind. The 2nd half Falkirk had the advantage of the wind behind them and ended with Killie hanging on for the 

Could be, your memory's better than mine if that was the case. I just remember the result and being right behind the goal watching in horror as that ball trickled through Bobby's legs in slow motion