Jackson Carlaw

Killie71

7 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I'll tell you why I think Scottish independence is desirable despite the economic risks.. BoJo's 'brother and May's husband are now considered suitable for government in the House of Lords. The sweet stench of WM coruption  makes the incoperence of the SNP almost appealing,

It's really little different from a Banana Republic.

In yer face nepotism nor corruption will not make a blind bit of difference. Must fill unionist hearts with pride to see Britain's traditions in all their glory. 

They do it because they can and no-one has any authority to curb their obscenities. This is up there with Caligula making his horse a Roman consul!

And anyone who thinks Ser Kier will change anything is off their nut! He's got his eye on ermine as well when he's done his stint!

Edited by Scooter

5 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Brexit will certainly be an economic train crash for the whole UK, probably worse in Scotland. Nevertheless it will be declared a huge sucess by the bigots and zealots down south. All the economic consequences will be blamed on the basrards of the EU. MacLean's social democratic dream will be lost in the race for the kind of brutal capitalism known in the US.

Do we want to be part if that? I dont. But Indeoebdence is a massive leap in the dark and it dies you and some of the zealots in the SNP, no credit to paint it as the road to Shangri La. All I can say is that the more the Etton Cretin steers the UK down the toilet the less uf a risk Indeoendence looks like.

Literally the ONLY people saying indeoendence will be a Shangri-la are unionists using the argument above. I've said often enough it won't be easy, there will be big decision and challenges ahead.  But the argument from the yoons in absolute bollocks based on a discredited estimate of an estimate.

The yioj argument is basically captured in this image....  and I ask if were such a burden ehy fight si hard to keep us.....

Its because we aren't a burden and never very have been, we've been the goose that laid the golden egg since the day we joined with England to make the union. 

FB_IMG_1596148453125.jpg

10 hours ago, gdevoy said:

BoJo's 'brother and May's husband are now considered suitable for government in the House of Lords.

Philip May only got a knighthood so won't get into the Lords.

10 hours ago, gdevoy said:

It's really little different from a Banana Republic.

100% this though. 

4 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Literally the ONLY people saying indeoendence will be a Shangri-la are unionists using the argument above. I've said often enough it won't be easy, there will be big decision and challenges ahead.  But the argument from the yoons in absolute bollocks based on a discredited estimate of an estimate.

The yioj argument is basically captured in this image....  and I ask if were such a burden ehy fight si hard to keep us.....

Its because we aren't a burden and never very have been, we've been the goose that laid the golden egg since the day we joined with England to make the union. 

FB_IMG_1596148453125.jpg

You look more stupid every time you post this and it simply confirms your economic illiteracy every time. The other £10 is spent on small items like Scotland’s entire pension bill and most of its welfare (remember when the Nats panicked and said they couldn’t handle it). The current borrowing will include bailing Scotland out with furlough payments ( and they’re still begging for more). We would be bankrupt just now and borrowing at sky high rates in one scenario or still relying on the Bank of England in another. No currency decision, no central bank decision yet, no idea. 

28 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Did you see Sturgeon when Carlaw exposed her repeated lying about statistics. Exact same populist tactics of Johnson, questioning the opposition’s temerity to ask difficult questions and not back her every move.

As I have said numerous times there is no traction to be gained from politically weaponising covid. Carlaw was jyst too stupid to see it. 

People were dying in their thousands all over Europe in care homes because the elderly in close proximity to each other and multiple strangers are an ultra vulnerable group. Having an arguament about which administration f**ked it up more than which other administration is a game without winners.

Edited by gdevoy

56 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

As I have said numerous times there is no traction to be gained from politically weaponising covid. Carlaw was jyst too stupid to see it. 

People were dying in their thousands all over Europe in care homes because the elderly in close proximity to each other and multiple strangers are an ultra vulnerable group. Having an arguament about which administration f**ked it up more than which other administration is a game without winners.

No, Carlaw challenged her on a lie that she used to weaponise and cause division with England. It’s only politicising it when SHE doesn’t do it. 

he first minister was reprimanded by the Office for Statistic Regulation, which said it did not think the Scottish Government’s sources allowed for the “quantified and uncaveated comparison of the kind that was made”.

The regulator has written to the Scottish Government’s chief statistician, saying the studies relied on for the claim were unpublished.

Nicola Sturgeon first mentioned the figure in a speech in early July and repeated it several times later.

Meanwhile, the new ONS figures, comparing data from 23 European countries, found that Scotland was only behind England and Spain when it came to levels of excess mortality.

By the week ending May 29, England had a relative cumulative age-standardised mortality rate of 7.55% – meaning it was 7.55% higher than the average mortality rate between 2015 and 2019.

Spain ranked second, at 6.65%, followed by Scotland (5.11%), Belgium (3.89%) and Wales (2.78%).

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

No, Carlaw challenged her on a lie that she used to weaponise and cause division with England. It’s only politicising it when SHE doesn’t do it. 

In that case she is just as stupid as he was.Admit the stats are horrific and move on to what we are doing about it now.

Edited by gdevoy

1 hour ago, Killiepies said:

he first minister was reprimanded by the Office for Statistic Regulation, which said it did not think the Scottish Government’s sources allowed for the “quantified and uncaveated comparison of the kind that was made”.

The regulator has written to the Scottish Government’s chief statistician, saying the studies relied on for the claim were unpublished.

Nicola Sturgeon first mentioned the figure in a speech in early July and repeated it several times later.

Meanwhile, the new ONS figures, comparing data from 23 European countries, found that Scotland was only behind England and Spain when it came to levels of excess mortality.

By the week ending May 29, England had a relative cumulative age-standardised mortality rate of 7.55% – meaning it was 7.55% higher than the average mortality rate between 2015 and 2019.

Spain ranked second, at 6.65%, followed by Scotland (5.11%), Belgium (3.89%) and Wales (2.78%).

excess mortality as a metric is as unreliable as death totals.  Every country records deaths in different ways and at different times, they aren't comparable.

57 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

By the week ending May 29, England had a relative cumulative age-standardised mortality rate of 7.55% – meaning it was 7.55% higher than the average mortality rate between 2015 and 2019. Spain ranked second, at 6.65%, followed by Scotland (5.11%), Belgium (3.89%) and Wales (2.78%).

Put another way; excess mortality was only 1/3 the English % in Wales.  Scotland had just over 2/3 the English rate of excess mortality. 

From the BBC:

Douglas Ross has promised a plan for the economy in the first month of his leadership of the Scottish Conservatives if he is elected. The Moray MP said the plan would be needed to tackle "the worst recession that this country faces".

A recession caused principally by your own Tory party's obsession with leaving the EU with two fingers stuck up. 

As our FM said to Jackson carlaw and I say to all the absolutely disgraceful yoons on here.

I cannot understand why someone would pretend that great strides hadn't been made that the efforts of all of us are being celebrated, and the tolerance of playing partizan politics during a pandemic is disgusting.

Every yoon on here trying to shout thay Scotland isn't in a better place than England, needs to go and have a right good look at themselves 

7 hours ago, gdevoy said:

From the BBC:

Douglas Ross has promised a plan for the economy in the first month of his leadership of the Scottish Conservatives if he is elected. The Moray MP said the plan would be needed to tackle "the worst recession that this country faces".

A recession caused principally by your own Tory party's obsession with leaving the EU with two fingers stuck up. 

Did he possibly say how he expects to execute his 'plan', not even being in the Parly n'at? 9_9

42 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I see the Boris fanboy has won the Tory leadership unopposed.

I await with interest his plans for making leaving the EU work for Scotland.

I suspect DR has nothing like the appeal of Ruth and has been promoted well beyond his level.  Will appeal to the core Brexit vote up here, Lib Dems nowhere, Labour useless under Leonard.  Might be a decent appointment for the Tories tbf, is no expectation of him defeating the SNP.  Although even the big Scottish secretaries of old, your Rifkinds etc, would have been dead ducks in the Scottish political climate at present with Brexit on the horizon.  Rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic from the Tories - we'll plough through the 'bergs on the Great Tory Brexit Icebreaker!

On 7/31/2020 at 12:19 PM, Beaker71 said:

Its was Elgin, where the traitorous Baxters are.  You know the ones who said they'd mive to England if we voted yes, as they will never accept Scotland being independent. 

Traitorous? Have a word with yourself.

Just because they don't agree with you it doesn't make them traitors. You weren't on the border with placards the other week were you by any chance?

8 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Just because they don't agree with you it doesn't make them traitors. You weren't on the border with placards the other week were you by any chance?

I’m afraid that’s one of Beakers stock answers to anything anti SNP or nationalist by anyone who lives in Scotland and doesn’t agree that independence will benefit everybody .

19 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Wouldn't put it past the moon unit.

Delighted with the DR appointment, that's Scottish Labour and the Scottish Tories with two empty suits as leader.

Looking forward to the first game he officiates when Killie are playing now!

29 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Nehave ya tool this shower said they would move to England if we voted yes ffs.  The fund the f**king Tories. 

They're vermin.

As for the placards...  they were polite, but conveniently the ones in Cornwall which told people to f**k Off werent covered by the BBC.  Strange that eh?

18 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

I’m afraid that’s one of Beakers stock answers to anything anti SNP or nationalist by anyone who lives in Scotland and doesn’t agree that independence will benefit everybody .

its really not, its reaerved for people who actively work against a country AND decide that they will.move their entire business if people have the temerity to choose something different democratically than they demand.

58 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Wouldn't put it past the moon unit.

Delighted with the DR appointment, that's Scottish Labour and the Scottish Tories with two empty suits as leader.

Looking forward to the first game he officiates when Killie are playing now!

I can just see it. wee Dougie points to the spot and awards a penalty against us for a blatant dive. @DrewWylie & @Mclean07 stand up to applaud the decision. @gdevoy tells everyone on the match thread that we’d be worse off if the award had gone the other way. @Beaker71 calls it a ficking scindalicous dissertation. Half a dozen other folk blame McKenzie for giving the ref a decision to make.