Jake Eastwood

Jake Eastwood joins on loan from Sheffield Utd

The club is pleased to announce the signing of goalkeeper Jake Eastwood on a six-month loan from Sheffield United, subject to Scottish FA approval.

The 23-year-old makes the move from the Blades, having enjoyed a loan spell with Sc**thorpe in the first half of the 2019/20 season.

Jake has spent time working with Chris Wilder’s first team squad, making the bench for January’s Premier League match against West Ham and he is now relishing the chance to experience life in the Scottish Premiership.

He said: “I’m really looking forward to joining Kilmarnock and when the manager called me, I was really excited about this opportunity.

“This is a big season for me and I want to show the supporters exactly what I can do.”

Alex Dyer said: “Jake is an excellent young goalkeeper who came to our attention through our scouting network.

I know the goalkeeping coach at Sheffield United and he gave Jake a strong recommendation and we believe he can really develop his career with us at Kilmarnock.”

5 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

....six-month loan....

Even if it had been a full season players can be recalled, as we know.

If he does well, perhaps it can be extended. The Blades' keeper situation is uncertain with Henderson's loan up and Foderingham in, presumably as cover. 

It gives us time to assess our next move, if nothing else.

39 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Been different this summer and no holding back the recruitment process this time , as one door closed they moved quickly to other options they had already in mind......good luck to our latest signing 

Totally agree. They have been infinitely better this summer. To bag this guy at short notice is excellent. Even managed to get him to join us ahead of Hull or Bolton

34 minutes ago, skygod said:

Even if it had been a full season players can be recalled, as we know.

If he does well, perhaps it can be extended. The Blades' keeper situation is uncertain with Henderson's loan up and Foderingham in, presumably as cover. 

It gives us time to assess our next move, if nothing else.

Or to assess how much game time Bachmann is getting.. 

43 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

He'll need a song. First ten seconds of this will do ...

The run out tune thread returns! 

Surely there can be no other choice given our keeper and Ennio Morricone's recent passing....

It has to be The Ecstasy of Gold

Metallica used to play this just before they came on stage and it still gets the hairs on the back of my neck going every time I hear it!

Edited by Mogwai

Ironically I watched Jake make his debut for Sheffield united against Walsall in 2017 while being down on a work trip. He was very highly rated at that point. Henderson from Man United has kind of came in and performed unbelievably which led to him being shipped out on loan. 

He is a big guy certainly and performed well that night they won 3-2. Ched Evans controversially scoring winner.