Jake Eastwood

17 hours ago, Mogwai said:

The run out tune thread returns! 

Surely there can be no other choice given our keeper and Ennio Morricone's recent passing....

It has to be The Ecstasy of Gold

Metallica used to play this just before they came on stage and it still gets the hairs on the back of my neck going every time I hear it!

They still play it.

A good bit of business getting him in as quick as we did after the Bachmann deal fell apart. I wonder if the 6 months is incase we still get Bachmann. Watford are linked with a 30mil keeper from inter so I don't see Bachmann playing Infront of him. Watford have time now to source a new manager and players so the ball is firmly in their court. Could be come September he is again 2nd or third choice and it could be possible to loan him to us as originally planned. If that happens then I imagine we would put Lyle out on loan till January then maybe let Eastwood go back to Sheffield United in January and we bring Lyle back as 3rd choice.

Edited by MuirP

It won’t benefit the lad to be away from home and sitting on a treatment table for the next few months and it doesn’t benefit us to continue paying wages for a player who will miss more than half his loan spell.

Maybe best all round we terminate the loan if we can. A shame, but sh*t happens unfortunately. 

13 minutes ago, TLC said:

It won’t benefit the lad to be away from home and sitting on a treatment table for the next few months and it doesn’t benefit us to continue paying wages for a player who will miss more than half his loan spell.

Maybe best all round we terminate the loan if we can. A shame, but sh*t happens unfortunately. 

Would imagine he will go back to Sheffield United and get treatment there. Whether he then comes back to us is anyone’s guess.

As expected will be going back to his parent club who will pick up his treatment costs etc , AD probably choosing his words and leaving door open for any future loan 

#####

Manager Alex Dyer confirmed he is looking for a replacement, with Eastwood set to undergo rehabilitation at parent club Sheffield United.

Rogers, previously of Aberdeen, and Eastwood were both signed last week shortly before the Scottish Premiership kick-off. 

"That's a blow to us - but also a bigger blow to the young lad," Dyer said.

"We'll do the best to look after him. We'll have a chat with Sheffield United and see where we go. It's a grade-three tear, which is a big injury.

"We do have Danny here though, which is reassuring. He's done well in pre-season. It was harsh on him to not start at Easter Road as he had done well."

28 minutes ago, piffer said:

This bit annoyed me. We don’t know what would have happened if Rogers had started but given the circumstances around both signings he should have started. To have played all the pre season games and not start instead of a keeper signed 48hours before kick off with one training session in him was a poor call

He has to talk up Rogers this is simply sound management. 

30 minutes ago, skygod said:

It’s the least he can do to offset the poor management in bringing in someone as no. 1 and dropping Rogers. 

Agreed. Playing the lad straight away seemed strange even before kick off but we are where we are and Rogers mentality is what matters this weekend which is why Dyer had to show confidence in the guy! 

I’m right behind Alex and hope this season goes well, as we all do. The transfer window has been sound.

ButI just can’t help thinking he’s made some dodgy decisions when it mattered, thinking of Conor Johnston coming on late in the cup tie with Aberdeen and the choosing of the goalkeeper last week to mention two.

Fine margins dictate you need these big decisions to go for you more than they go against you.

For Alex’s sake and for our season, I hope they do.

I don't know if he had been on the page before but I noticed the squad page on the killie website has been updated with all the current squad images and numbers etc. But Eastwood isn't on the page. Guessing we will be terminating his loan as he is injured and we have to bring in a replacement.

4 minutes ago, MuirP said:

I don't know if he had been on the page before but I noticed the squad page on the killie website has been updated with all the current squad images and numbers etc. But Eastwood isn't on the page. Guessing we will be terminating his loan as he is injured and we have to bring in a replacement.

He wasn’t on it when I looked at the start of the week. 

4 minutes ago, MuirP said:

The sqaud page got completely updated the morning before he signed. Im fairly certain we wont terminate his deal that will be up to Sheffield United