Now This IS a Pic (Late 60's training)

Allan

Never seen that one before! 

The big guy between Gilmour and Dixon - is it Bill Miller, a centre-forward who came on a free from Rangers and didn't do much? 

Not sure who's between McGrory and Rodman.

1970 pre-season, I would say.

Edited by skygod

23 minutes ago, skygod said:

Never seen that one before! 

The big guy between Gilmour and Dixon - is it Bill Miller, a centre-forward who came on a free from Rangers and didn't do much? 

Not sure who's between McGrory and Rodman.

1970 pre-season, I would say.

What a great photo. Most of my boyhood heroes. I also don’t know who is between McGrory and Rodman. Is it Sandy McLauglin behind Brian McIlroy? Frank looks like a film star!

5 minutes ago, Pelesboots said:

Only other player from that era I can think of  - Could it be Robin Arthur?

It's hard to tell because he's looking down and blowing out!

Fringe players were Billy Sinclair, Cammy Evans, Willie Waddell... Doesn't really look like any of them.   

I thought Eric Murray but he might have left by then.

1 minute ago, skygod said:

Maxwell was very young but he went on the pre-season tour to Northern Ireland.

Could be. 

Think it is Robin Arthur. 1968 core team team was McLaughlan, Arthur, Dickson, Gilmour, McGrory, Beattie, T.McLean, Queen, Morrison, J.McLean, Cook. Sub Rodman. Robin Arthur was later involved in a contract dispute with the club when he tried to engineer a move to Morton and Walter would not release his registration.

Just now, skygod said:

Andy King played in every league match bar one in 1968-69.

Arthur played half a dozen times.

Doesn't mean it isn't him though!

Noted and agreed. I was looking at a programme versus Dundee United in October 1968 where Kenny Cameron was playing for United. Apologies for overlooking the great Andy King, a Killie and Barbadoes Road legend. Jim Richmond also lived in Barbadoes Road, some 600 yards from Rugby Park.

10 minutes ago, Boring Bob said:

Noted and agreed. I was looking at a programme versus Dundee United in October 1968 where Kenny Cameron was playing for United. Apologies for overlooking the great Andy King, a Killie and Barbadoes Road legend. Jim Richmond also lived in Barbadoes Road, some 600 yards from Rugby Park.

Hugh Allan South Hamilton Street

1 hour ago, Pelesboots said:

Only other player from that era I can think of  - Could it be Robin Arthur?

Doesn't look like Robin Arthur to me, Robin had a fairly distinctive face.  Also looks a bit short, remember Brian Rodman was rather short for a centre half.  I think Robin had also played Centre half in the juniors.

George Maxwell might be right as I'm guessing at the age he'd be might still have had time add a bit in height.

670000 Eddie - Robin red .jpg

Edited by jbm1965