"Taking a knee"

skygod

8 minutes ago, skygod said:

I will be interesting to see what happens when fans are allowed back in.

I'm seeing quite a lot of opposition on Twitter from supporters of big English clubs. I imagine Rangers are the same.

Wasn't Goldson in the press for responding to some clowns who support that lot?

I do recall seeing some comments about, for example, "only taking a knee for the queen" :35:

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Alex Dyer couldn't be clearer in the pre-Hibs presser, the whole message is about fairness. It's astounding some people just aren't getting it.

Anyway, not to stoke a political argument. Nobody should be made to be uncomfortable at work, especially black members of staff of Kilmarnock FC and for that reason everyone should be backing our manager and his stance.

Exactly this.

No one should be made to feel uncomfortable at work. 

Especially if they feel they are being pressured into making a political statement....

Just now, stewarty66 said:

Exactly this.

Especially if they feel they are being pressured into making a political statement....

I would like to think that the club's players don't feel pressured into any actions or gestures. If they want to do it, then they should.

I've long felt the same about players having to wear a poppy on their shirt, or any other such statements. It should be the individual's decision.

21 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Exactly this.

What about an equality statement? 

Players are taking the knee to show solidarity with their fellow colleagues, not because they have a political agenda 

Edited by seedsy

11 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Exactly .

Whether you agree with him or not I admire James McLean for sticking to his principles regarding the poppy issue 

For me it’s exactly the same. We are supposed to live in a free thinking democracy. Taking the knee is a personal choice but it takes guts for someone not to do it when everyone else around them does it. 

I don’t agree with James McLean not wearing a poppy but I fully respect his decision not to, it’s become a political thing with people being made to ensure they wear one for the cameras. 

let people make up their own minds. 

Just now, Fudger said:

For me it’s exactly the same. We are supposed to live in a free thinking democracy. Taking the knee is a personal choice but it takes guts for someone not to do it when everyone else around them does it. 

I don’t agree with James McLean not wearing a poppy but I fully respect his decision not to, it’s become a political thing with people being made to ensure they wear one for the cameras. 

let people make up their own minds. 

If taking the knee is for equality, why wouldn't you do it? 

Wearing a poppy and taking to the knee is not even apple and oranges 

3 minutes ago, andy123 said:

thought the football leagues both in England and Scotland were not allowed to make any political statements. 

If what you wrote was true then both FAs would also have to stop working with Kick it out, as Seedsy though well pointed out above this is not political but about equality.

I think Dyers comments are on point for this. I do like to think that our players will show solidarity with our manager who has experienced prejudice and racism firsthand.

8 minutes ago, andy123 said:

thought the football leagues both in England and Scotland were not allowed to make any political statements. 

Since when is standing next to and showing solidarity with colleagues a political statement 

Strip away all the bollocks that the media and obviously the toxic social media have tried to tar BLM movement with, I just see in football, the taking of the knee a really positive thing. 

I dont think we have an issue in Scotland regarding racism so dont know why we are highlighting black lives matter. 

Feels like we are saying we have an issue here to like other countries and we have to promote black lives matter to change how people think/act etc

1 minute ago, seedsy said:

Since when is standing next to and showing solidarity with colleagues a political statement 

Strip away all the bollocks that the media and obviously the toxic social media have tried to tar BLM movement with, I just see in football, the taking of the knee a really positive thing. 

Why we don't have an issue. By taking the knee it will not make other countries which are blatantly racist change there views. 

I think it makes us look like we to have racism problems. Will the countries where it actually matters be doing it. 

Example russia/Croatia/serbia to name a few