"Taking a knee"

skygod

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Second Rangers fan arrested over alleged monkey gesture during Old ...

Scott Sinclair reveals he had never suffered racist abuse before ...SEANSMITH_02GESTURE_246700a.jpg

Aye no issues whatsoever.

Not a black fan in sight in the crowd. You will struggle to change the views of the uneducated. They are brought up by parents to behave light that. 

Scum bags the lot of them.  

I truly Hate rangers/celtic more than Ayr. Most wont agree with that, but i missed alot of the Ayr-killie stuff. I just see ayr as a s**te part time team that don't offer much rivalry. 

1 minute ago, Ipkis said:

I think saying 'I'm a white heterosexual male and I've never had any bother' kinda highlights the point of BLM. Whether or not Scotland's issues with racism are any better or worse than other parts of the UK or the world is irrelevant.

I have lots of bother for been English. Just chose to take it as banter. Maybe thinking now it wasn't and folk were actually racist against me been English

(If that is a thing)

I've been slammed (probably rightly) for going too far about the proportion of SevCo fans espousing extreme views, but I did do some research. It is amazing the difference between what they are prepared to say on Follow Follow and what they will say on their Facebook and Twitter groups. Worth checking out - only if you want to be depressed.

18 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Not to jump down your throat, you've had enough of that so don't read it that way.

That's exactly the point of black lives matter that some people can't seem to get. It's not "Only Black Lives Matter", it's closer to Black Lives Matter Too.

I absolutely hate hearing people rolling out "All Lives Matter". Our lives matter and are treated as people who matter - I can't possibly relate to racial mistreatment and I'd be very happy to see the end of it. It's about fair treatment over all races, it's not about giving black people some sort of upper hand as if race is a competition.

Well said

8 hours ago, carpetfitter said:

Sheku Bayoh - died in police custody. Main copper a racist. Surjit Chhokar - murdered by racists in Wishaw etc Scotland’s leading human rights lawyer had his teeth bashed into ground by cops - one said ‘That’s what happens to black boys with big mouths’. Etc 

You can even go back to Stephen Lawrence. 

Or go the polar opposite and bring Kriss Donald into the equation. 

Racism isn't exclusively targeted at black people.

People of Asian origin be they Chinese , Pakistani ,Indian also suffer racism.

It makes me shudder when you say someone who is obviously Indian being called a **** bastard by some knuckle dragging f**kwit.

That's what rankles with me with the BLM movement. 

People saying it's a cop out when you say All Lives Matter it's not.

Every live matters and black lives fall under that umbrella. 

10 minutes ago, McDicken'sLeftPeg said:

Scotland may have less of an issue than our neighbours but we still have issues and to pretend otherwise is plain daft.

Which means (and I await the red cards from the 'traditionalists') it is time to stop singing about A*r being 'black b*st*rds'. Dirty, manky, filthy all scan just as well and would remove the possibility of our support being branded with a reputation we don't deserve.

Well said

8 hours ago, carpetfitter said:

Sheku Bayoh - died in police custody. Main copper a racist. Surjit Chhokar - murdered by racists in Wishaw etc Scotland’s leading human rights lawyer had his teeth bashed into ground by cops - one said ‘That’s what happens to black boys with big mouths’. Etc 

Really curious as to why a post simply stating some overtly and horrific racist incidents in Scotland should receive a down vote. Is the down voter prepared to justify. If anyone wants info on these cases then DM and I am happy to provide. They make for grim reading and they happened in Scotland. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Can't argue with a word of that.

Maybe you could show a fraction of the class that Alex Dyer has shown and finally stop your support for the chant of black bastards in the 21st century in the era of Black Lives Matter. Or you could insist on clinging to it like the bigots cling to 1690. The most common slur that black people face in their daily lives. 

5 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Maybe you could show a fraction of the class that Alex Dyer has shown and finally stop your support for the chant of black bastards in the 21st century in the era of Black Lives Matter. Or you could insist on clinging to it like the bigots cling to 1690. The most common slur that black people face in their daily lives. 

The " We are Killie super Killie song " is crap anyway . Time for some new songs.

When we are actually allowed back in.

And allowed to sing.

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Not to jump down your throat, you've had enough of that so don't read it that way.

That's exactly the point of black lives matter that some people can't seem to get. It's not "Only Black Lives Matter", it's closer to Black Lives Matter Too.

I absolutely hate hearing people rolling out "All Lives Matter". Our lives matter and are treated as people who matter - I can't possibly relate to racial mistreatment and I'd be very happy to see the end of it. It's about fair treatment over all races, it's not about giving black people some sort of upper hand as if race is a competition.

This 100%.  Dabbers quoting white luves matter too pish need slapped.

The whole black lives matter movement isn't that black people, (what a generalisation that is anyway!) Do not matter more than any other.  Its that they matter AS MUCH as everyone else.

To draw an analogy of how mad and twisted the opposition to blaxk lives matter is...if yer hoose was on fire and the fire brigade turn up and start putting it out and rescuing your family.  Wpuld you expect your neighbour to come out screeching my house matter too, even though its not on fire!!

At the moment black lives are on fire, and that fire needs attention. 

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

Cant disagree with your statement. My views have changed since last night. Know I realise we have a bigger issue than I thought we did here too. 

Sad