"Taking a knee"

skygod

2 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

A pointless gesture and paying lip service to the liberal MSM.

Gesture isn't pointless,  its very specific and targeted. 

2 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

Politics and football shouldn’t be mixed! 
BLM is full of hypocrites, just look at Lewis Hamilton. 

Point 1, agreed, but its waaaayyyy too late for this.  If we put poppy's on our shirts its political, the Secconians are horrifically political.  Its here, deal with it.

Point 2  - Does this make the aim of the movement and less relevant,  or are you hiding any tendencies behind the bulls**t statement.

54 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Gesture isn't pointless,  its very specific and targeted. 

Point 1, agreed, but its waaaayyyy too late for this.  If we put poppy's on our shirts its political, the Secconians are horrifically political.  Its here, deal with it.

Point 2  - Does this make the aim of the movement and less relevant,  or are you hiding any tendencies behind the bulls**t statement.

Gesture is pointless, another example of how politically correct everyone thinks they need to be. I’m sure loads of people will throw out their tapes of “love thy neighbour” because a football player knelt and put his fist in the air!

Hypocrites do damage the credibility of the organisation. As does the looting and rioting under the guise of BLM

And I’m not racist, I’ve got a few black friends! In my experience Scottish people are more racist towards Eastern European’s than black people.

Edited by boydiesback

3 hours ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

I've been slammed (probably rightly) for going too far about the proportion of SevCo fans espousing extreme views, but I did do some research. It is amazing the difference between what they are prepared to say on Follow Follow and what they will say on their Facebook and Twitter groups. Worth checking out - only if you want to be depressed.

One scroll through Follow follow shows it nothing but an extremist website. 

3 hours ago, carpetfitter said:

Really curious as to why a post simply stating some overtly and horrific racist incidents in Scotland should receive a down vote. Is the down voter prepared to justify. If anyone wants info on these cases then DM and I am happy to provide. They make for grim reading and they happened in Scotland. 

Because they don’t want to know. It jars with the myth that we’re more “progressive”, even though we manage to have racism with a virtually all white country. 

If people are taking a knee for blm then your supporting the organisation and it’s aims. You don’t get to choose which of it’s aims your taking it for. Personally I think it’s virtue signalling rubbish but if the players want to then go ahead but they should be open to being questioned about the organisation they are supporting. The show racism a red card for me is a far more worthy cause. 

5 hours ago, andy123 said:

I have lots of bother for been English. Just chose to take it as banter. Maybe thinking now it wasn't and folk were actually racist against me been English

(If that is a thing)

I’m a Killie boy / Scotsman living in England and most of what I get is banter but occasionally it’s abuse or a less friendly attitude is taken (sadly more common recently than it has been in the 20+ years I’ve been down here). The thing is when I’m out in the town I live in if I don’t speak no one can tell I’m Scottish unless I speak and I fit in with everyone else as I’m a white bloke in his 40s. If you are BAME though people can more often than not see the difference, there is no hiding so  are more open to abuse or biased/ unfair treatment. 

14 hours ago, andy123 said:

I'm actually not. The last racist thing I can remember in Scotland is that clown of a celtic fan with el had diouf or whatever his name was. I really don't see a racism issue in scotland 

Apart from the Killie fan who was close to getting his cnut kicked for calling Tshibola a "useless coon" at the Brora game....

There are racists in EVERY support..

10 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

you better not on here or you’ll get them all hot and bothered also you might even get a ban , do these mugs even know what BLM wants to do ? 

I was under the assumption that the purpose of the movement was to bring attention to a serious and damaging topic, encourage some debate and maybe even foster some positive change in the world. But, please, enlighten us as to "what BLM wants to do" ...

16 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

you better not on here or you’ll get them all hot and bothered also you might even get a ban , do these mugs even know what BLM wants to do ? 

Do you even know what they want to do? Do you even know what day it is? 

Yer brain appears to be 95% super lager. 

Edited by Killieboykfc

Can't understand why this is even controversial. Far too quick in UK (and elsewhere) to make judgements on appearances and where people are from than who they are and, most important, where they are going! 

It's frightening how much talent judgements on race, class, beliefs etc. has wasted over generations and it needs to be stopped. 

2 hours ago, boydiesback said:

Gesture is pointless, another example of how politically correct everyone thinks they need to be. I’m sure loads of people will throw out their tapes of “love thy neighbour” because a football player knelt and put his fist in the air!

Hypocrites do damage the credibility of the organisation. As does the looting and rioting under the guise of BLM

And I’m not racist, I’ve got a few black friends! In my experience Scottish people are more racist towards Eastern European’s than black people.

Hahahahahahahahahaha awwww the classic line man. You are an absolute parody. 

38 minutes ago, James K Polk said:

I’m a Killie boy / Scotsman living in England and most of what I get is banter but occasionally it’s abuse or a less friendly attitude is taken (sadly more common recently than it has been in the 20+ years I’ve been down here). The thing is when I’m out in the town I live in if I don’t speak no one can tell I’m Scottish unless I speak and I fit in with everyone else as I’m a white bloke in his 40s. If you are BAME though people can more often than not see the difference, there is no hiding so  are more open to abuse or biased/ unfair treatment. 

this is very true. 

10 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

This 100%.  Dabbers quoting white luves matter too pish need slapped.

The whole black lives matter movement isn't that black people, (what a generalisation that is anyway!) Do not matter more than any other.  Its that they matter AS MUCH as everyone else.

To draw an analogy of how mad and twisted the opposition to blaxk lives matter is...if yer hoose was on fire and the fire brigade turn up and start putting it out and rescuing your family.  Wpuld you expect your neighbour to come out screeching my house matter too, even though its not on fire!!

At the moment black lives are on fire, and that fire needs attention. 

Agree. Ice-T puts it with stunning clarity, better than any of us can, in this sensational song and video from three years before George Floyd. 

The firefighter analogy is the best one I've seen for educating folk. 

A house in a street is on fire. The "All Lives Matter" folk would be running up to the firefighters asking why they are only dealing with this house as "All houses matter". So, of course all houses matter, but only this one is on fire right now.

As for us, I hope all the team go through with it.

Firstly it's a statement of solidarity and secondly for the sake of team spirit.

Plus, it will annoy the racist sevco and sellic fans no end if we support it. There might be a few racists in our ranks, and they can get it right up them too.

- Just seen a couple of other folks with the firefighter analogy. That's what I get for scanning the thread.

Edited by Mogwai

3 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

My view is I see taking the knee as a message of support for someone and his family who was murdered in cold blood.  Feck the politics. I'd also wear a poppy. I dont see that as political either. 

My view too.

The problem as Ker Starmer found is that BLM is the title if an organisation who think that things cant improve until there is no police force, no private property and no such thing as family. So you see how quickly this thing gets complicated.