Hibs away, Fred

CB

Just now, Killiepie said:

Screaming out for a creative player. We can have as much possession as you want but without that killer touch we will struggle. 

Would like to think we have at least asked of Stewart’s ability. Or is that another one we done want to return.

9 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Probably won't get many agreeing, but despite the mistakes, you can't sub a keeper off at half time like that. Keepers need time, and they need the confidence of their manager. Unless he is injured, Dyer has made a big mistake there. I'd be asking to cancel the loan if I was Eastwood

Your absolutely right, to me is it bad management in two instances.

1st: He should not have started full stop, I know its easy to say in hindsight but goalkeepers need time to gel with their defence, Rogers has had that time and so he would have been far better placed to start today than Eastwood, I imagine Rogers will be pretty angry that hes suddenly been dropped to accommodate someone who just signed.

2nd: Dropping him at half time has robed him of the chance to get more experience with the team of defenders he is going to be playing with, his confidence will be shot and with Rogers keeping a clean sheet you would expect him to start against Celtic next week.

Don't know if its Thompson or Dyer that made the call but its not come off well on anyone. 

Just now, skygod said:

He was on their bench today. 

Besides that, they would probably want us to pay a lot of his wages. 

Was he? 

Well, if Bowie has any spare change I’d throw money at him. He’s the different between top 6 and bottom 6. 

We played well today overall. Kabamba could maybe have done more.

11 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

I have 3 downvotes and counting. 

Would love to know what game they were watching. Like @Taggyfc24992 says, if we have any ambition he needs replaced. 

Agree he’s a good squad player but we dominated majority of that second half and he still offered absolutely nothing.

100% agree 

1 minute ago, iainmaccoll said:

Stop living in the past ya muppet, stewart isnt coming back he couldnt wait to leave when he was here

He was recalled by his club which, for reasons unknown, decided to loan him to Aberdeen. 

Why would he be desperate to leave when he was in the form of his life? 

18 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

I have 3 downvotes and counting. 

Would love to know what game they were watching. Like @Taggyfc24992 says, if we have any ambition he needs replaced. 

Agree he’s a good squad player but we dominated majority of that second half and he still offered absolutely nothing.

Think the down votes are because we all know that, including Dyer who has signed a left sided player who was injured today. The continuance of the 'Rory debate' is just a bit annoying when everyone basically agrees. 

Taking a step back , considering probably due to injury issues without 2 first choice full backs , a midfield player and our first choice striker it was not that bad a performance if a disappointing result...

What we badly need though to turn us into a really top 6 or higher competitive side is a “star player,” who can not only influence games but make other team mates seem better , the likes of a Mulumbu, Eremenko, Burns have done in the past .

38 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Would be Interesting to know if the change of keeper at half time was down to an injury or tactical. 

I’ll be amazed if it was an injury, although that might be the story. 

I’d also be amazed if Eastwood asked to come off. You just can’t do that as a pro footballer. 

I’d be amazed if it was s pre-arranged plan. 

Everything points to it being a decision which, as others have pointed out, will leave both keepers aggrieved. 

Nothing that can’t be rectified in training though. 

Never saw any of the game, but write ups that we played fairly well and competed with Hibs but struggled to create chances doesn't surprise me. I know we've signed Pinnock for down the left hand side (injured?) but I'd still like a really creative central player in the side or I can see it being another season where we'll struggle to make chances for our strikers.