Hibs away, Fred

CB

Sorry but we need to be winning these games.

It's no use playing well if we don't win, and is the exact same story as last season. 

I hope things improve but this is exactly the kind of result that had us plummeting towards a relegation battle last season, before it was suspended. 

Also I hope the keeper was genuinely injured and not another strange AD decision

Millen played some cracking crosses in, not really challenged much as they seemed focussed on the other wing.

Tish looked comfortable hope he keeps that king of involvemment in games up, took some pressure off Power. 

Rogers looked quite comfortable with crosses when he came on. 

Burkey is the man. 

Edited by WWWWnnnnnn!

4 minutes ago, iainmaccoll said:

Emmm to go to a bigger club maybe, is that not what most players aim for

Going to a bigger club doesn‘t guarantee success, as evidenced by ....emmm Stewart going to Aberdeen. 

It made no difference to him financially, as City were paying him whoever he was loaned to. 

1 hour ago, bute-killiefan said:

Probably won't get many agreeing, but despite the mistakes, you can't sub a keeper off at half time like that. Keepers need time, and they need the confidence of their manager. Unless he is injured, Dyer has made a big mistake there. I'd be asking to cancel the loan if I was Eastwood

I only seen the game in snippets and didnt notice that. Really quite a disgrace if there was nothing more to it

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

Going to a bigger club doesn‘t guarantee success, as evidenced by ....emmm Stewart going to Aberdeen. 

It made no difference to him financially, as City were paying him whoever he was loaned to. 

No it doesnt but it does guarantee more money which is all that really matters for players.win bonus, goal bonus, are you that naive to think he wouldnt get more money going to aberdeen even on loan

14 minutes ago, chubbs said:

They've queued up to defend him for the past 3-4 years....

In 76 games he's scored 2 goals.  In my not so expert opinion that isn't great for a midfielder.  I honestly don't understand folk that say....he always gives 100%.  Thats fine to a certain extent but there has to be more on offer from him. 

1 minute ago, Twonky65 said:

McKenzie and Kiltie competing today for who could have the smallest impact on the game.

We will be a bottom 6 team this season if these 2 are starting games.

Dont know what game you were watching. Kiltie was really good and caused problems. One of the few who looked like creating something. Mckenzie wasn’t at his best but was still good. Mckenzie was literally in our starting team when we finished 3rd. 

1 hour ago, Dillinger said:

No idea whatsoever why we started that boy after giving Rogers the pre season. He's absolutely sold the jerseys with a howler of a mistake. Now weve managed to piss off the keeper who got dropped, and shoot the confidence of the young boy who's been brought in. Shocker from Dyer.

This!

OK just read the stuff about the injury so not quit the "This" I thought it was.

Edited by gdevoy

5 minutes ago, killieblue said:

Dont know what game you were watching. Kiltie was really good and caused problems. One of the few who looked like creating something. Mckenzie wasn’t at his best but was still good. Mckenzie was literally in our starting team when we finished 3rd. 

Kiltie caused the hibs defence problems by passing the ball to Burke! He’s just not at the level of mid table SPFL.

mckenzie is just fantastic at being a nearly man. his shot at the end summed him up.

Suspect today tells us more about squad depth than squad quality. 

McGowan has more pace and dig than Millen and will offer something completely different there. Remains to be seen on Haunstrup, but avoid Waters mistake on the second and its a different game. 

Dyer seems to have signed players around a 442 which we didn't get to go with today either. 

The County game, barring injuries, is the one I have my eye on for judging where we are. 

Based on transfers and results today I think the teams below us last season plus St Johnstone and Livi all look weaker. Suspect creating chances and scoring goals might be easier in those games. 

League isn't big but on quality, so there's every chance we narrowly lost to the team that will finish 3rd or 4th today.

Edited by mitch14

1 minute ago, aldo71 said:

Kiltie is a decent player, but he isn't a No10 player. He wont take games on and thread balls through and create chances from nothing. 

Rory tries hard and covers loads of distance. Seb Coe could run for miles, bet he wasnt much of a footballer though

I’m interested by this comment of him not being a  #10. What is he then?

he isn’t a wide player or a striker so I’m not sure how else he could be described other than (an ineffectual) #10.

What ever plan Dyer had went out the window after 5mins when Hibs scored. With Brophy not playing (not fit) I suggested  yesterday Kiltie would start as a 10. But from what i heard on the radio , We played to much long ball in the first half, So Dryer must have been hoping for Kiltie to play around Nicky and look for knock downs. If so its no wonder Kiltie could not get into the game, Nicky is tall but he is not great in the air and against the big Hibs defenders he also did not influence the game. In the 2nd half it sounded like Kiltie came more into the game, He needs the ball to feet to be creative.

I think Whitehall is cover for Nicky. Don't see any advantage in playing two big/tall players together. But i wonder if he is better in the air than Nicky.

Sorry i did not see any of the action, Can only give my thoughts from the Radio coverage.

14 minutes ago, aldo71 said:

Kiltie is a decent player, but he isn't a No10 player. He wont take games on and thread balls through and create chances from nothing. 

Rory tries hard and covers loads of distance. Seb Coe could run for miles, bet he wasnt much of a footballer though

What is Kiltie though?

36 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Eastwood just tweeted he was injured 

Dont believe this. Even if true, still speaks to the madness of bringing a young boy up on Wednesday night without a chance to train or do pre season and playing him over the guy who's played the three friendlies.