Hibs away, Fred

CB

46 minutes ago, chubbs said:

They've queued up to defend him for the past 3-4 years....

Probably a lot longer than that, those guys defending him, who were they again? Oh aye, Clarke, Mixu, Shiels, Dyer, and a few others, oh and he was wanted by St Johnstone who were managed by one of the best in the business.

Speak to fellow pros about Rory

1 hour ago, MuirP said:

Screenshot_20200801-175206_Twitter.jpg.d4abb529ad08e16c92f9365e978f31e8_1.jpg

Why wait till half time to sub the lad, surely would have made  more sense to sub as soon as the injury happened. Did he receive any treatment during the game? Suppose he may have kept it to himself till went in, but playing with an injury like that could have cost us more.

Other than that I think we shouldn't get too down, getting beat by  one goal by a club with better finances and one of biggest clubs in the country isn't the worst result. This is first time most of our team had played together in this set up and losing an early goal to a blunder didn't help  but certainly there is glimpses of optimism of what is to come. Burke top class again, what a signing he has been. Could have done with a big man in the middle for Millen's crosses which were spot on. We are a quite a small team, need a bigger player up top. Transfer window open till 1st October I believe so time yet to get someone or two in. Keep the faith 

We deserved at least a point For a decent performance. Very strange decision by Dyer to play the goalie who had just arrived on Thursday rather then the who had been training with the team for 6 weeks. 
Eastwood selling a goal and Marciano’s save to prevent an own goal ended up being the difference. Mackenzie’s shooting was terrible. 
Thought Tshibola had a good game, if he plays like every week I’ll be happy with that. 

24 minutes ago, BluenwhiteARMY said:

People hate to accept it but its so true, he's just nothing special and far too ordinary for this division now. If we really want to see our team push for top six then hes can't be a major part of the starting 11

Yet he was a major part of the team when we finished third. His shooting was wasteful today but he otherwise wasn't too bad. Young keeper sold the game but he should never have been playing. Rogers should have started. 

Rather than judging Rory for his effort, look at it this way. He is a forward player......how many goals and assists has he had over the last few seasons? Pretty sure even Jones with his poor attitude contributed more goals and assists last season they Mackenzie has in the last few. 
If Rory can’t contribute goals and assists which is the point of a forward player then what is the point of him? Would people prefer someone that works hard for the team and delivers little (our results have been honking over the last year so not exactly part of a winning team) or someone that doesn’t quite have the same attitude but delivers goals and assists....I know which I would prefer. 

Just now, posh79 said:

Rather than judging Rory for his effort, look at it this way. He is a forward player......how many goals and assists has he had over the last few seasons? Pretty sure even Jones with his poor attitude contributed more goals and assists last season they Mackenzie has in the last few. 
If Rory can’t contribute goals and assists which is the point of a forward player then what is the point of him? Would people prefer someone that works hard for the team and delivers little (our results have been honking over the last year so not exactly part of a winning team) or someone that doesn’t quite have the same attitude but delivers goals and assists....I know which I would prefer. 

Pretty sure in 76 league games he's scored twice. 

12 minutes ago, posh79 said:

It's genuinely baffling the way he's immune to criticism from some,  guarantee a player that wasn't local would have been punted seasons ago and got nowhere near the lenience Rory's had 

16 minutes ago, posh79 said:

I like Rory, but I can agree with your point that the player playing left mid should be contributing more in terms of goals/assists. I don't think he's a left mid but he's another one of the players where it's difficult to actually define what his best position is.  I personally thought he would settle into an attacking central mid, but there were opportunities to play him there last season which were never taken.

I've seen a lot of people today criticizing McKenzie, Eastwood, Waters and Kiltie for their efforts today. I don't like to criticize anyone as it's a team game so you win and loose as a team but I've not seen anyone mention Power who appeared to loose the ball cheaply in the middle of the park which lead to both of Hibs goals. I didn't get to watch the game today unfortunately so just had to base my thoughts on the radio commentary and sportscene highlights. Feels like we have picked up where we left off last season, playing well and working hard but can't get the win. Hopefully after a couple of weeks together things will gel and the results will follow.

4 minutes ago, theboyjohnston said:

I like Rory, but I can agree with your point that the player playing left mid should be contributing more in terms of goals/assists. I don't think he's a left mid but he's another one of the players where it's difficult to actually define what his best position is.  I personally thought he would settle into an attacking central mid, but there were opportunities to play him there last season which were never taken.

Hes a hard working right winger, good player to start when were up against it but shouldnt really start when were playing teams were expecting to beat. Thats how clarke played him were not saying hes a world beater but he is an asset to the club hes homegrown hes committed in most other clubs the homegrown players are idolised but not killie fans, wee seem give them it the worst

46 minutes ago, livvy said:

Yet he was a major part of the team when we finished third. His shooting was wasteful today but he otherwise wasn't too bad. Young keeper sold the game but he should never have been playing. Rogers should have started. 

A major part .... really?.

In 18/19 he was in 38 squads (3420mins) over all competitions.... played in 28 of them (possible  2520mins on the pitch).

Of those 28 games he was subbed off in 11, and subbed on in 11 ... spent 1482 mins on the park scoring 1 goal and getting two assists, whilst picking up 2yellow and 1 red card.

Still think he played a major part?

Come on troops we all know if rory wasn't playing in our team he would still get pelters from the usual suspects as I've said on many occasions  he has only taken up the mantle  from James Fowler in a lot of peoples eyes and btw I agree with previous poster who was pointing out alan power didn't cover himself in glory for both hibs goals today .