Hibs away, Fred

CB

1 minute ago, Allymitchell91 said:

My 2 cents..

Keeper had a rush of blood, Waters should of shot, Broadfoot is 5 penalties given away a season (watch his shirt pulling) at corners, Kabamba is not an aerial threat, Rory needs to at least hit the target when shooting, Burke is "there can be only one" "see highlander", hibs are c**ts and mediocre, there for the taking today but they will improve, we won't be relegation material but we won't qualify for the top 6 unless we become more creative. I dont remember clear cut chances being created.

Ok forum tear me apart

Think you are spot on to be honest.

49 minutes ago, MuirP said:

I've seen a lot of people today criticizing McKenzie, Eastwood, Waters and Kiltie for their efforts today. I don't like to criticize anyone as it's a team game so you win and loose as a team but I've not seen anyone mention Power who appeared to loose the ball cheaply in the middle of the park which lead to both of Hibs goals. I didn't get to watch the game today unfortunately so just had to base my thoughts on the radio commentary and sportscene highlights. Feels like we have picked up where we left off last season, playing well and working hard but can't get the win. Hopefully after a couple of weeks together things will gel and the results will follow.

I have twice on this thread. Power was poor for both goals. It's the first game in 6 months for these players.

Plenty positives to take especially when we weren't playing at our best.

Plenty players off it. Infact only Findlay, Millen, Tish and Burke had proper decent games 

48 minutes ago, chubbs said:

A major part .... really?.

In 18/19 he was in 38 squads (3420mins) over all competitions.... played in 28 of them (possible  2520mins on the pitch).

Of those 28 games he was subbed off in 11, and subbed on in 11 ... spent 1482 mins on the park scoring 1 goal and getting two assists, whilst picking up 2yellow and 1 red card.

Still think he played a major part?

Ok stato. Quote me Brophys goals from open play in 2019. 

That was a striker immune to criticism in this period 

43 minutes ago, chubbs said:

A major part .... really?.

In 18/19 he was in 38 squads (3420mins) over all competitions.... played in 28 of them (possible  2520mins on the pitch).

Of those 28 games he was subbed off in 11, and subbed on in 11 ... spent 1482 mins on the park scoring 1 goal and getting two assists, whilst picking up 2yellow and 1 red card.

Still think he played a major part?

Fantastic in the 2 - 1 v Rangers that got us third. Played in the Hibs and Hearts wins before that which were crucial. And in the win v St Johnstone just before the split. And in the five nil v Accies before that, with an assist... 

Being picked in the games that mattered at the business end of the season by Clarke should really end the debate as to whether he was a big part of the squad. 

It's a different question as to whether he should be a starter now, he probably wouldn't have started under Clarke if we hadn't got the January window so wrong, but he played, and played well, when it mattered. 

We should have strengthened that position. It remains to be seen if Pinnock can do something there. I hope it's an area we are looking at loans for. 

1 hour ago, iainmaccoll said:

Hes a hard working right winger, good player to start when were up against it but shouldnt really start when were playing teams were expecting to beat. Thats how clarke played him were not saying hes a world beater but he is an asset to the club hes homegrown hes committed in most other clubs the homegrown players are idolised but not killie fans, wee seem give them it the worst

That's not how I remember that period. Rory would play right mid at the expense of Burke under Clarke. He played more games at left mid once Jones downed tools - more necessity than choice. That continued into the following season under both Allesio and Dyer.

Rory should be fighting it out with Burke for the right mid slot instead of being continually shoehorned into left mid.

10 minutes ago, kmck18 said:

One game in to a New season and the doom merchants are out in force,

the team actually look like they played well a couple of mistakes on another day we would have been taking 3 points home 

But the problem is since Dyer has been in charge we are saying for the vast majority of games, played well, a couple of mistakes, on another day, if we had just taken our chances, would have been taking 3 points.

We need to start winning these games sooner rather than later

1 minute ago, Killie1984 said:

We need to start winning these games sooner rather than later

Mate, it's the first game of the season after a hefty lay off.  Take away the first 5mins (where we also had a great chance) and we were unlucky, especially given the makeshift defence that had never started a game together.  I was concerned we'd lose a few and sink after 5 mins - we battled right to the very end - although I'd get the boys in for some additional finishing training obviously!!!

Thought the better team lost today, but if you give teams a two goal head start from awful defending / goalkeeping you're always going to struggle.

Felt in opening 20 minutes we badly missed Dicker sitting and stopping Hibs from.running right through our midfield. One we regrouped, Tish and Power looked tidy in midfield.

Thought decision to play a keeper who was in the building two days was ridiculous prior to kick off but was happily proven wrong about Millen today, he was excellent.

Another game where Hibs have stolen points off us but definitely not a day for doom and gloom. For next week I'd go with:

Rodgers

Millen

Broadfoot

Findlay

Haunstrup

Burke

Dicker

Power

Tish

Kiltie

Kabamba 

2 minutes ago, jamieboy said:

I was surprised at Eastwood starting, weren't we all?! Was Tish starting not a surprise too though? Had he played in the friendlies as a trialist that I didn't know about? What did those who saw the game think of the goalkeeper apart from the rush of blood at the 1st goal? 

I don’t think Tshibola starting was a huge surprise. He’s played in the division before, has been training with us for a couple of weeks, is familiar with the squad and they know what he brings to the table. Throwing the keeper in after two days was all very Lee Clark 

2 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

I have twice on this thread. Power was poor for both goals. It's the first game in 6 months for these players.

Plenty positives to take especially when we weren't playing at our best.

Plenty players off it. Infact only Findlay, Millen, Tish and Burke had proper decent games 

it was also hibs first game in 6months. Cant use been rusty as an excuse. Same for both teams

We have a really hard start to the season hopefully pick up our first win soon

Edited by andy123

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

Thought the better team lost today, but if you give teams a two goal head start from awful defending / goalkeeping you're always going to struggle.

Felt in opening 20 minutes we badly missed Dicker sitting and stopping Hibs from.running right through our midfield. One we regrouped, Tish and Power looked tidy in midfield.

Thought decision to play a keeper who was in the building two days was ridiculous prior to kick off but was happily proven wrong about Millen today, he was excellent.

Another game where Hibs have stolen points off us but definitely not a day for doom and gloom. For next week I'd go with:

Rodgers

Millen

Broadfoot

Findlay

Haunstrup

Burke

Dicker

Power

Tish

Kiltie

Kabamba 

McGowan swap Millen 

2 hours ago, Bullitt said:

Rodgers

Millen

Broadfoot

Findlay

Haunstrup

Burke

Dicker

Power

Tish

Kiltie

Kabamba 

Could see us go very defensive next week. 

Whether its a back 5. Or a flat 5 midfield. Dont see us being as an attacking lineup as the hibs game

32 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Hibs have 11000 season ticket holders, we have 2500. You can’t expect the anything else today with that gap in resources. You reap what you sow. 

And how at ST holders have Hamilton and Livingston? We should s**t all over them then? 

It was a s**t result, any ather description is just craps**t. Hopefully better next week. Fewer goalkeeping howlers would be a step in the right direction. 

9 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Hibs have 11000 season ticket holders, we have 2500. You can’t expect the anything else today with that gap in resources. You reap what you sow. 

Every game isn’t decided by how many supporters a team has otherwise we could draw up the league table at the start of the season and then all just go home.

If I remember correctly we were 3rd a couple of seasons ago and last year Motherwell were 3rd while Hearts finished bottom and got relegated. 

Edited by historyman

5 hours ago, jamieboy said:

I was surprised at Eastwood starting, weren't we all?! Was Tish starting not a surprise too though? Had he played in the friendlies as a trialist that I didn't know about? What did those who saw the game think of the goalkeeper apart from the rush of blood at the 1st goal? 

The goalkeeper cost us the game. Simple as that. Maybe the fact that we waited for weeks, signed a goalkeeper a few days before the game and flung him into the starting XI wasn’t such a smart idea. 

4 hours ago, historyman said:

Every game isn’t decided by how many supporters a team has otherwise we could draw up the league table at the start of the season and then all just go home.

If I remember correctly we were 3rd a couple of seasons ago and last year Motherwell were 3rd and Hearts finished bottom and got relegated. 

I also don't think he's grasped what "you reap what you sow" means either. 

Tshibola was excellent. His weight of pass and the way it forces players like Millen and waters to come onto the ball. Unfortunately when Tish plays in with Power we looked liable to get caught on counter and that was very apparent in first half. Boyles two goals were on the break had Dicker screened the centre half’s it may not have been as easy to isolate our defenders. 

5 hours ago, historyman said:

The goalkeeper cost us the game. Simple as that. Maybe the fact that we waited for weeks, signed a goalkeeper a few days before the game and flung him into the starting XI wasn’t such a smart idea. 

in hindsight the keeper had a rush of blood, but he didnt fancy captain kirk to win the race, which he didnt, and covering defender lets in in near post. the second goal goes through waters legs. its a team game. 

keeping a high line with captain kirk is going to be unwise.

but we have 2  new full backs to come in (which hopefully are better than we have), a winger (which hopefully is an improvement) and Brophy so reasons to be cheerful!