Hibs away, Fred

CB

7 minutes ago, Bhamkillieken said:

in hindsight the keeper had a rush of blood, but he didnt fancy captain kirk to win the race, which he didnt, and covering defender lets in in near post. the second goal goes through waters legs. its a team game. 

keeping a high line with captain kirk is going to be unwise.

but we have 2  new full backs to come in (which hopefully are better than we have), a winger (which hopefully is an improvement) and Brophy so reasons to be cheerful!

Do you think he underestimated how quick Boyle was. Had he been more familiar with the league maybe he makes a different call. Another striker and he may get there first.

I completely agree about others not covering themselves in glory. Both goals start with Power getting caught and losing possession cheaply. From that there mistakes through our team until the ball hits the back of the net. 

18 minutes ago, piffer said:

Do you think he underestimated how quick Boyle was. Had he been more familiar with the league maybe he makes a different call. Another striker and he may get there first.

Not for a minute dismissing the general point here - better to go with Rogers - but I imagine "Boyle is f**king quick" was a fairly prominent part of instructions to the team in the buildup that Eastwood would have been part of. 

Which potentially makes the mistake worse actually... But I think it was a rush he would have made regardless. 

11 hours ago, Killie1984 said:

But the problem is since Dyer has been in charge we are saying for the vast majority of games, played well, a couple of mistakes, on another day, if we had just taken our chances, would have been taking 3 points.

We need to start winning these games sooner rather than later

This for me. Early days but we do need to start delivering

1 hour ago, Bhamkillieken said:

...but we have 2  new full backs to come in (which hopefully are better than we have)...

Millen wouldn't deserve to be left out after yesterday.

Tshibola was excellent in his application and execution but we need Dicker in as security. 

If Pinnock can get down the left and supply crosses, he would be an improvement. If he links up well with Haunstrup, so much the better.

But we are going to struggle for goals even with Brophy in the team. I think we have to try Whitehall and Cameron to see if they can offer more than Kabamba. 

More than ever this season, it's going to be a squad game with substitutions critical and players like McKenzie and Kiltie will be important to do a job from time to time. 

We played well up to the edge of the box and there were promising signs. It's important not to get off to a slow start though. Experimentation time has been reduced and the teams which settle quickest are going to profit most.

Keeper should never have come out like that, Broadfoot and Findlay are in line with Boyle when he makes his stupid challenge.

Others better qualified than me will keep me right, but keepers positioning for second looks a bit suspect, he shows a lot of the goals for Boyle to aim at.

Power loses out almost at their penalty box, they move the ball up the park very quickly, something we seldom do as we do not have pacey players.

8 minutes ago, GCM said:

Keeper should never have come out like that, Broadfoot and Findlay are in line with Boyle when he makes his stupid challenge.

Others better qualified than me will keep me right, but keepers positioning for second looks a bit suspect, he shows a lot of the goals for Boyle to aim at.

The angle and pace of Boyle's run was great but we had three defenders in the vicinity. With Broadfoot first and Findlay backing up, the worst outcome should have been a free-kick.

I thought his positioning at the second was fine. A firm, accurate shot taken early.

Big Larry would have had a clean sheet yesterday and that's saying something!

First goal we all know he made a complete arse of and the second I thought his angles were poor and he never extended his arms enough. 

Having seen the image above, I standby that. 

Larry would never have ran off his line like that (he was always superglued to it) and he would have saved Boyles second, as would Jamie Mac.

12 minutes ago, kilm53 said:

From what was said yesterday..Broadfoot was left for dead and the keeper had to react..surely down to an ageing defender

11 minutes ago, kilm53 said:

From what was said yesterday..Broadfoot was left for dead and the keeper had to react..surely down to an ageing defender

Difficult to apportion blame if you haven't seen the goal. 

3 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Keeper should never have come for the first goal. Second goal his positioning doesn’t look bad. The only way Boyle was scoring was putting through Waters legs. 

9A9A1C1D-9140-43E2-B1DC-43F7FC468022.png

I don't think Waters does to much wrong here, just unlucky. He stands him up, doesn't dive in and give away a silly fowl. Shows him the outside stopping him coming inside, he is trying to force the near post shot which the keeper would have covered with his positioning. 8-9 times out of 10 that cross goal shot would deflect off waters either out for a corner or into the path of one of the other defenders to clear. Just unlucky it finds the gap between his legs and into the far side.

3 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Big Larry would have had a clean sheet yesterday and that's saying something!

First goal we all know he made a complete arse of and the second I thought his angles were poor and he never extended his arms enough. 

Having seen the image above, I standby that. 

Larry would never have ran off his line like that (he was always superglued to it) and he would have saved Boyles second, as would Jamie Mac.

His arms fully extended would still be nowhere near the ball. 

26C5A4C1-9E2B-40B3-82FD-D25500DB6F50.png

3 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Which again means his starting position was wrong. That photo makes it look even worse than I thought at the time. 

The only way he could get to that shot would be if his positioning was more central, but if he did that and Boyles shot flew in the near post the keeper would be getting criticized for getting beat at the near post. Why can't it be taken for what it was, a good finish from a confident striker?

6 minutes ago, MuirP said:

The only way he could get to that shot would be if his positioning was more central, but if he did that and Boyles shot flew in the near post the keeper would be getting criticized for getting beat at the near post. Why can't it be taken for what it was, a good finish from a confident striker?

Exactly this. It’s a very good finish. 

Edited by Killiepie

4 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Power?? Tish slid in let allan take it by him far to easy.

You know. The guy who decided he thought he was Kaka for a minute when he went a meaningless dribble towards the left side and got the ball taken off him like he was an amateur.

Yes tish didnt cover himself in glory with the tackle but he flew in trying to stop something because his midfield partner left him stranded