Hibs away, Fred

CB

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

Which again means his starting position was wrong. That photo makes it look even worse than I thought at the time. 

Or maybe it means it was just a good finish. Your talking absolute nonsense saying Larry would save that. That’s a well hit shot, keepers starting position is absolutely fine

Looking back at yesterday retrospectively i don't actually think we are too far off it. It was disappointing but from the highlights none of the other teams look too clever so far. From what i would suggest is our strongest 11 only Findlay out of the defence would be a starter as well as missing our left winger and main striker. Hibs is always a difficult place to go. 

Obviously Dyer has different ideas however I'd say our best 11 looks something like:- 

Rogers(?)

McGowan   New CB   Findlay   Haunstrup

Burke        Tshibola     Power       Pinnock(?)

Kabamba         Brophy

If we can get going i dont see why we couldnt be pushing for the 5th European spot this season, as mentioned we need to turn performances into results though and hopefully this doesn't turn into a regular event as it did last season as we didn't play too badly.

3 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Looking back at yesterday retrospectively i don't actually think we are too far off it. It was disappointing but from the highlights none of the other teams look too clever so far. From what i would suggest is our strongest 11 only Findlay out of the defence would be a starter as well as missing our left winger and main striker. Hibs is always a difficult place to go. 

Obviously Dyer has different ideas however I'd say our best 11 looks something like:- 

Rogers(?)

McGowan   New CB   Findlay   Haunstrup

Burke        Tshibola     Power       Pinnock(?)

Kabamba         Brophy

If we can get going i dont see why we couldnt be pushing for the 5th European spot this season, as mentioned we need to turn performances into results though and hopefully this doesn't turn into a regular event as it did last season as we didn't play too badly.

Have to agree with this. Considering loads of folk have been praising hibs and tipping them for 3rd, I don’t think we played badly at all performance wise. In fact I’d say we dominated the second half completely. 

It is just disappointing that we can’t seem to get results but have to blame the keeper yesterday. He has cost us the game. 

As Gaz said in the commentary we are  too nice and don’t employ the cynical foul often enough . In the lead up to the 2nd especially we should have “hawfed” Boyle or Allan sooner.
That said I agree we’re not too far off being decent if we can get a cutting edge up front . 

Edited by Bonbon19

3 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

As Gaz said in the commentary we are  too nice and don’t employ the cynical foul often enough . In the lead up to the 2nd especially we should have “hawfed” Boyle or Allan sooner.
That said I agree we’re not too far off being decent if we can get a cutting edge up front . 

This is a huge point. 

A bit of cutting edge we would have won that game 3-2. The ball millen whipped in at 0-0 Kabamba has to do better. (The stream was blurry at the time I might be wrong)

Kabamba has been good up to now but he's a Colin Nish. Not a target man. Why leave him on so long struggling against Porteous and not give Whitehall a shot at that role I don't know. 

Again we miss Dicker when he's not in the team, despite the criticism on here. Perhaps Power should've been told to sit deep and leave the rest to Tish

Just now, GCM said:

He could have put his hand out and touched the near post.

See Rashfords goal at Wembley against Spurs against Lloris. Very similar and Lloris is a world cup winning goalkeeper.

Dont think we need to blame a young lad on his debut when hes already made a mistake

24 minutes ago, Sam said:

Biggest f**k up Dyer has made is making Broadfoot captain. Shouldn't even be in the starting eleven

Burke should be captain. A leader and professional on the pitch. 

Broadfoot proved yesterday he is more than capable of being a starting defender this season.

People need to get their head out their arses when it comes to Kirk. All he did was call the Alessio appointment a disaster!

Power was extremely poor for both goals - brushed off far too easily for the first then loses the ball with a stupid dribble for the second. 

Need to get a another starting CB in ahead of Broadfoot we seem to concede 2 a game with him at the moment. 

but Hibs away is never easy, Clarke never won at Easter Road so a bit of a reality check is needed. 

The matches against County and St Johnstone are where we really need to pick up points. 

2 hours ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Power?? Tish slid in let allan take it by him far to easy.

I thought Power didn't look clever at either goal. Didn't think Tish had much choice but to slide in. Power was jogging back after he lost the ball. Not having Dicker in the side Hibs had a clear run toward goal, very unlike us.

14 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

Broadfoot proved yesterday he is more than capable of being a starting defender this season.

People need to get their head out their arses when it comes to Kirk. All he did was call the Alessio appointment a disaster!

Thought he played well yesterday.

The pass he made to Burke was sensational. People won’t admit it though. 

I do agree Burke should be captain though, even ahead of dicker. 

17 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

He certainly didnt prove that in the slightest. Did you miss the boy leaving him in no mans land at the first goal?

He certainly didnt prove that in the slightest. Did you miss the boy leaving him in no mans land at the first goal?

The boy you are referring to is called Jake Eastwood!

If you are referring to Boyle then you are deluded

Edited by Twonky65

1 minute ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

That boy will leave many an established CB/ defender in his wake many more times this season. Most of whom are much poorer defenders the Kirk.

9 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

The boy you are referring to is called Jake Eastwood!

If you are referring to Boyle then you are deluded

Broadfoot got caught with Boyle running across him and left him one on one with the keeper, Broadfoot eventually got back and fell when he went to block it. 

Its hard to tell whether you are trolling or just completely clueless when it comes to all aspects of football.

Broadfoot got caught with Boyle running across him and left him one on one with the keeper, Broadfoot eventually got back and fell when he went to block it. 

Its hard to tell whether you are trolling or just completely clueless when it comes to all aspects of football.

if you actually WATCH the video of the goal, you will see you are wrong. Perhaps you are remembering it wrong.