Hibs away, Fred

CB

6 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Broadfoot got caught with Boyle running across him and left him one on one with the keeper, Broadfoot eventually got back and fell when he went to block it. 

Its hard to tell whether you are trolling or just completely clueless when it comes to all aspects of football.

absolutely this, and then the shot sneaks in near post when the defender is there covering it. fractions away from the goalie rushing out not being mentioned again. jesus give the boy a break.

we dont even know if this is the formation when everyone is fit? its the first game of the season! 

2 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

if you actually WATCH the video of the goal, you will see you are wrong. Perhaps you are remembering it wrong.

I have watched it numerous times, Boyle runs across broadfoot who doesn't match his run and can't catch him. Boyle rounds the keeper who shouldn't be there anyway, Broadfoot gets back in time to attempt to block the shot from the guy he was marking and stumbles. Where is this incorrect?

When it comes to Broadfoot I don't think he should be our starting CB when we are playing with a back four. I don't think he has the legs to keep up with a pacy forward or midfielder and he gives away silly fouls pulling players shirts etc when he doesn't need to. He does get up and header the ball clear well enough but on the balance it isn't enough. We need a new CB to pair with Findlay and use Broadfoot as cover or if we go to a back 5 with three CB's.

In regards to yesterday's goal he wasn't catching Boyle. The only reason he managed to get back was because of the sweeper keepers challenge forcing Boyle that bit wider. If the keeper hadn't come out and Boyle had been able to take the ball straight on he was through on goal (although Findlay looked like he might have been able to get across as he was busting a gut).

1 hour ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

I have watched it numerous times, Boyle runs across broadfoot who doesn't match his run and can't catch him. Boyle rounds the keeper who shouldn't be there anyway, Broadfoot gets back in time to attempt to block the shot from the guy he was marking and stumbles. Where is this incorrect?

The fact where he does catch him, slips, gets up and then attempts the block.

at no stage would Boyle have been “clean through”

Edited by Twonky65

Just watched the highlights and stand by my previous comments. Alan Power is shocking for both goals. The first goal he is jogging while ball is in the air and the hibs player sprints to make it his. The 2nd one who know what he was up to. Tish dives in terribly but is smartly beaten by allan. And you could have driven a bus between Calum Waters and Martin boyle when closing attempting to stop the shot, or not as the case was.

3 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

But he’s not better than MaGowan 

The guy played really well. So how do you figure that it will make it a long season? Even if McGowan is better Millen definitely showed he was up to the task. Totally unfair to include him in any criticism of the defence yesterday. 

Edited by cammy_boy

9 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

But he’s not better than MaGowan 

McGowan didn’t play yesterday. 

In fact, he hasn’t played in any competitive matches for Kilmarnock football club so I’m not sure how you’ve come across that assumption.

Millen played well and deserves credit.

3 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

McGowan didn’t play yesterday. 

In fact, he hasn’t played in any competitive matches for Kilmarnock football club so I’m not sure how you’ve come across that assumption.

Millen played well and deserves credit.

So we should be happy then. McGowan signed as number 1 and Millen a more than able deputy when called upon. 

2 minutes ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

So we should be happy then. McGowan signed as number 1 and Millen a more than able deputy when called upon. 

What are you actually going on about.

Millen played and McGowan didnae.

Millen played well, deserves praise.

Having two good right backs shouldn’t be a problem. Fs our fans are a moany bunch. Would you rather Millen had a stinker? 

5 hours ago, LS180312 said:

Power was extremely poor for both goals - brushed off far too easily for the first then loses the ball with a stupid dribble for the second. 

Need to get a another starting CB in ahead of Broadfoot we seem to concede 2 a game with him at the moment. 

but Hibs away is never easy, Clarke never won at Easter Road so a bit of a reality check is needed. 

The matches against County and St Johnstone are where we really need to pick up points. 

Wow. Power to blame for the goals when a keeper needlessly rushes off his goal and gets nowhere near the ball and then a fullback lets the attacker drive into the box and lets him shoot. 
I can’t believe anyone could watch the first goal and not think it was 100% down to the goalkeeper. 

5 minutes ago, historyman said:

Wow. Power to blame for the goals when a keeper needlessly rushes off his goal and gets nowhere near the ball and then a fullback lets the attacker drive into the box and lets him shoot. 
I can’t believe anyone could watch the first goal and not think it was 100% down to the goalkeeper. 

Of course the keeper is at fault for the first goal but Power shouldn’t be immune to criticism when he’s not covered himself in glory for either goal

42 minutes ago, LS180312 said:

Of course the keeper is at fault for the first goal but Power shouldn’t be immune to criticism when he’s not covered himself in glory for either goal

The first goal was idiotic goalkeeping, nothing less. 
For the second goal he won the ball and rather going on a stupid dribble he never fully managed to get the ball under control and there was no out ball to the left as Waters hadn’t pushed up. He lost the ball in the last third of the pitch. There was at least half the team behind him to defend a Hibs attack and they didn’t do it. 

36 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Can we just clarify something for future debate? 

Is the player who loses the ball or is beaten to the ball which then leads to an attack and results in a goal is immune from blame or criticism? Because that what it sounds like.

If its Alan Power or Eamonn Brophy you're not allowed to comment

2 hours ago, Guff92 said:

Having two good right backs shouldn’t be a problem. Fs our fans are a moany bunch. Would you rather Millen had a stinker? 

Didn’t think it needed an explanation.

We have signed a player in McGowan that arrives with a very good reputation and will prove a great acquisition I’m sure. When not available like yesterday we have someone in Millen who we can trust to do a good job.

Thought the “we should be happy” was a clue to the angle I was coming from. Don’t be so touchy.

2 hours ago, Guff92 said:

You could honestly argue with your own shadow. He was praising both of our right backs. 

The worry I have is the same as last season, a lack of creativity. Great strike by Burke not a lot else happening otherwise. Wasn't really impressed with Hibs given the money they have spent, looked there for the beating. I believe with more attacking intent we would have a point at least. Some good performances in the team coupled with a bit of ring rustiness from others who I'm sure will improve. 

3 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Serious question, and by absolutely no means am I trying to pin the blame on him.

But does anyone think Findlay should of done better for the first goal when hes on the line?

Don’t think so. He did the right thing getting back on to the line when the keeper came out and Boyle just managed to squeeze it in between him and the post.   It’s a lot of space to cover if you can’t use your hands. He was unlucky. Given all the debate I still believe it was 100% the keeper to blame. 
12 of us watched the game and we were unanimous before it started that Rogers should have played and unanimous that the keeper should never have came off his  line. 

1 hour ago, historyman said:

Don’t think so. He did the right thing getting back on to the line when the keeper came out and Boyle just managed to squeeze it in between him and the post.   It’s a lot of space to cover if you can’t use your hands. He was unlucky. Given all the debate I still believe it was 100% the keeper to blame. 
12 of us watched the game and we were unanimous before it started that Rogers should have played and unanimous that the keeper should never have came off his  line. 

Once the ball passes the half way line yes. Should never have got there from our throw in down the corner. Boyle's run is fantastic. Goalkeeper totally at fault. 

Sure the lad will know that and I think he was very good from then onwards