Kabamba

iankerr18

3 hours ago, iankerr18 said:

I think Kabamba's performance today was one of the worst I have ever seen by a Killie number 9 and I have been watching for a very long time. He contributed absolutely nothing, didn't win a single header, never controlled the ball or was able to bring other players into the game. Boydie would have been better after a year in retirement! For me the most concerning aspect was that the manager watched this performance and kept him on for the full match.

Did you watch Osman Sow last season?

It’s the first game of the season and, yes, it wasn’t a great result but give the guy a break.

Edited by KTID

Kabamba was terrible yesterday. Was completely marked out of the game and didn’t contribute. Whitehall won a ball in the box within 2 minutes of coming on - something Kabamba failed to do all game. Should have been hooked long before he was - another question mark for Dyer. He should have been more decisive. 

The OP might be over the top as we have seen some absolute mince playing upfront over the years. However he has a point Kabamba is too lightweight with no physical presence on the ground or in the air. Another post in the thread says he was playing against a f animal {Porteous}. He had better get used to it as he will be against the same type of defender most games, Finesse and Scottish Football are not an easy mix.

Never going to be easy for him when Hibs start with a back three and Gogic in the defensive mid role. We worked them well up our right side but IMO didn’t have the same balance on the left which could have stretched them. I'm not sure he’s the type to play as a lone striker. Maybe not the most aggressive for the role. 

21 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

Brophy like Dicker and McGowan have had injury issues during preseason , though might be now fit —due to missing a period of the full training would probably still need to catch up to the rest and so a risk playing Brophy from the start, hopefully he like the others are ready for next game 

Whiltst he struggled yesterday how many actual chances were created for Kabamba , do recall in many away games when Brophy played as a lone striker he also struggled for form at times=and got criticised 

considering the step up to a new league , different country and style of football etc....only back in January , then the short time he had playing for us till season was curtailed early.....IMO Kabamba has done relatively well so far overall but with still parts of his game to improve on .....up to him to get improve parts of his game......and it’s up to the Manager to find best way for our team to play that suits the players we now have.....

There were a few decent balls out into the box and he didn’t get on the end of any of them. 
For example, when they nearly scored an og he should have been in front of the defender. 

2 hours ago, historyman said:

There were a few decent balls out into the box and he didn’t get on the end of any of them. 
For example, when they nearly scored an og he should have been in front of the defender. 

I thought he was in exactly the right position, defender did really well to cut the ball out but could have scored an own goal with more contact on the ball. Kiltie and Kabamba's persistence brought about the free kick for Burke to score. Better as part of a front two as others have said. 

He had an off day but will hopefully be better playing beside brophy in the weeks to come and I thought we were unlucky not to score before they did as millen 《 who I thought played well ) put in a great cross which Kabamba missed put off kiltie who in turn put off rory on another day that goes in .

I was always sceptical about Kabamba's signing but probably worth a 12 month contract. After seeing him for a half dozen games my view is that: he will never make it at our level - has no shot and limited in the air. His main plus point is that he can hold the ball up and has some useful passes, however, this is not enough.

He seems a decent guy and it is not his fault that we signed him. As long as he gives 100% we can't blame or boo him. His signing, more of our recent signings and those of at least six of the other Premiership clubs are indicative of the present state of our finances in Scottish football.

Dreadful to think that English non-league footballers are our level of signings!

14 minutes ago, KIlliedaft1957 said:

I was always sceptical about Kabamba's signing but probably worth a 12 month contract. After seeing him for a half dozen games my view is that: he will never make it at our level - has no shot and limited in the air. His main plus point is that he can hold the ball up and has some useful passes, however, this is not enough.

He seems a decent guy and it is not his fault that we signed him. As long as he gives 100% we can't blame or boo him. His signing, more of our recent signings and those of at least six of the other Premiership clubs are indicative of the present state of our finances in Scottish football.

Dreadful to think that English non-league footballers are our level of signings!

A goal or assist every 208 mins last season in the few games he played before lockdown. 

Pretty good going for someone that will never make it at this level and still just settling in.

His assist for Kiltie in pre-season was also top quality, he deserves more than you just seeing him a half dozen time’s to come to the conclusion he isn’t good enough.

Edited by Skora11

3 minutes ago, KIlliedaft1957 said:

I think you are being a little harsh on kabamba. He definitely has freshened things up since he game in and has helped a labouring brophy. He is a decent link man and has hit the net at a reasonable rate as a new player settling into a new league. To the larger question of how we have gone from “cocard to kabamba” in the space of 20 years is an interesting one. Why rangers ( in particular) and Celtic we’re competing in the top end of the European transfer market at that time and are now signing players from English championship clubs. The fundamentals of out game in Scotland have not changed during the time?  But why has the appeal of other leagues remained high ( in terms of tv and sponsorship) whilst Scotland has dropped? Why are we fishing in the shallow end of the lake when 20 years ago we had Freddie and friends. Maybe it was an artificial bubble that could not have been sustained as I’m sure most will point to. But Could this have been avoided and more importantly reversed....or is signings from non league in England The new normal for the 6th/7th best club in Scotland?

10 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

A goal or assist every 208 mins last season in the few games he played before lockdown. 

Pretty good going for someone that will never make it at this level and still just settling in.

His assist for Kiltie in pre-season was also top quality, he deserves more than you just seeing him a half dozen time’s to come to the conclusion he isn’t good enough.

His Motherwell pre season goal wasn't bad either..... running across and leaving his marker trialing from the corner kick.

40 minutes ago, KIlliedaft1957 said:

I disagree. He's proven he can score at this level. Provided a bunch of assist's. Rejuvenated Brophy's season. So it seems to me that Kabamba can definitely cut it at this level. Certainly done a better job than the 2 donkeys previously.

And Alan Power seems to be alright at this level considering he came from non league. Dreadful to think what your thinking.

Good signing wee gem.

Edited by Pride_of_ayrshire