Kabamba

iankerr18

4 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I suppose “realistically”  is your key word. I think we need to alter the whole approach to recruitment and salaries to make it possible to make the the number 9 our best/highest paid player. Putting that to the side for now, they would come from one of 3 categories; 1. Young hungry players making an impact with smaller clubs, Calum hendry at st j, Ross Stewart at county or Kevin Ohara at Alloa are the 3 standouts for me in that category. The first two would command a substantial fee but offset by monies for the wolf. 2. Players with ability but struggling in some way. Griffiths on loan or maybe less popular choice Curtis Main 3. Players at end of career but wanting to come back “home”. A guy like Steven fletcher for example. He too rich for us right now seems but that type of profile of Scottish player maybe looking to play last couple of seasons up here.

O'Hara signed for Dunfermline about 6 weeks ago.

5 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Missed that. Only surprise to me that premier team didn’t sign him. Will be interesting to see how he does in what should be better standard of supply.

I think he was signed a day or two after Nisbet left for Hibs..... agree he could be worth keeping an eye on but Dunfermline would probably want a fee outwith our budget if he turned out anything like Nisbet.

Edited by C4mmy31

7 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I think he was signed a day or two after Nisbet left for Hibs..... agree he could be worth keeping an eye on but Dunfermline would probably want a fee outwith our budget if he turned out anything like Nisbet.

Maybe smart. That’s the model I’m talking about for us. Sell our assets at right time and replace with good potential replacements. Anyway, it’s deviated from kabamba so better get back on topic.

To sell you need to have somebody who wants the player. We haven't not sold Brophy for a seven figure fee because we don't want to.

You also need to have the player on a decent contract to attract worthwhile value which is very difficult at this level, as soon as a player starts attracting interest they know they can see it out at this level and get a massive increase in wages, that we can't afford without bankrupting ourselves, elsewhere.

Not to knock this level, which is very good. It's just a consequence of being over the border to the richest league in the world and the trickle down impact in English football.

Edited by Fletch

1 hour ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Missed that. Only surprise to me that premier team didn’t sign him. Will be interesting to see how he does in what should be better standard of supply.

It’s really not that much of a surprise. He’s not that good and if you seriously think he would be a better option for us than Brophy then you need to lay off the glue. 

12 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

It’s really not that much of a surprise. He’s not that good and if you seriously think he would be a better option for us than Brophy then you need to lay off the glue. 

You missing the point of the post. We need to be able to sell our players when they have value and replace, he is only one of the options mentioned for those on the less ambitious end of the spectrum.

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

To sell you need to have somebody who wants the player. We haven't not sold Brophy for a seven figure fee because we don't want to.

To think Brophy could command a seven figure fee is baffling.  He isnt prolific and isnt a "target man".  Brophy will probably move on at the end of the season and then hopefully Killie might be able to get the goal scoring striker that they have been needing since Boyd left.

5 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I suppose “realistically”  is your key word. I think we need to alter the whole approach to recruitment and salaries to make it possible to make the the number 9 our best/highest paid player. Putting that to the side for now, they would come from one of 3 categories; 1. Young hungry players making an impact with smaller clubs, Calum hendry at st j, Ross Stewart at county or Kevin Ohara at Alloa are the 3 standouts for me in that category. The first two would command a substantial fee but offset by monies for the wolf. 2. Players with ability but struggling in some way. Griffiths on loan or maybe less popular choice Curtis Main 3. Players at end of career but wanting to come back “home”. A guy like Steven fletcher for example. He too rich for us right now seems but that type of profile of Scottish player maybe looking to play last couple of seasons up here.

Are Callum Hendry and Ross Stewart better than Brophy though? 

1 hour ago, Skora11 said:

Are Callum Hendry and Ross Stewart better than Brophy though? 

Nah they’re not. Hendry is quite similar to Brophy in the sense that he constantly shoots but his all round game is no where near Brophy’s. 

Stewart is a good player who offer different options to Brophy but I would still rather have Eamon. He’s also the exact same age as him so he’s hardly a young replacement for him. 

26 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

At the moment in goals per game for the Club it stands at.

Kabamba 18 games = 6 goals - ave = 0.33 per game.

Brophy 102 games = 33 goals- ave = 032 per game 

and for a matter of interest;

Greg Stewart 16 games = 8 - ave 0.50

Brophy also came off the bench 26 times out of those 102 games.

Another way and more straight to the point view is Brophy averages 10 goals a season.  IMO that isnt good enough to make claims that he is our "no.1" striker and irreplaceable.  I'd love for Kabamba to get 15-20 goals this season (then improving next) and for him to turn into the player Killie need. His composure for his 2nd goal v Dundee Utd for me showed he has what it takes to get there. 

4 hours ago, Dave1981 said:

Another way and more straight to the point view is Brophy averages 10 goals a season.  IMO that isnt good enough to make claims that he is our "no.1" striker and irreplaceable.  I'd love for Kabamba to get 15-20 goals this season (then improving next) and for him to turn into the player Killie need. His composure for his 2nd goal v Dundee Utd for me showed he has what it takes to get there. 

if Kabamba got 15-20 goals, I doubt he'd still be here next season tbh......