Kabamba

iankerr18

Nicke Kabamba says the feelgood factor around the Killie dressing room is definitely on the rise following the weekend’s 4-0 win over Dundee United.

The striker opened his account for the campaign with two excellent goals at the BBSP Stadium, Rugby Park and claimed the Killie TV Man of the Match award as we recorded our first three points of season 2020/21.

He said: “The goal was to go into the international break with a win – that was made clear in the changing room.

“I’ve been trying to get off the mark with one goal so I’m chuffed to get two. Getting three points was the real key and we made sure we got them.”

Alex Dyer paired Kabamba and Eamonn Brophy from the start for the first time this season and the move paid dividends with both attackers finding the net.

Kabamba would be happy to continue with the pairing when Killie return to action at Pittodrie after the international break.

He added: “It gives defenders a lot to think about rather than just the one attacker but I think the system worked brilliantly for defence to midfield – the boys were brilliant.”

On 8/30/2020 at 4:04 PM, Thebigguy68 said:

Missed that. Only surprise to me that premier team didn’t sign him. Will be interesting to see how he does in what should be better standard of supply.

On 8/30/2020 at 5:06 PM, Killieboykfc said:

It’s really not that much of a surprise. He’s not that good and if you seriously think he would be a better option for us than Brophy then you need to lay off the glue. 

I always imagine Thebigguy enjoying a glass or two of very expensive red wine while nibbling on some antipasto as he shares his thoughts with us, rather than a hefty pour of Evo-Stik in a grubby plastic bag. But I might be wrong.......

Edited by DuncanEwart

6 hours ago, DuncanEwart said:

I always imagine Thebigguy enjoying a glass or two of very expensive red wine while nibbling on some antipasto as he shares his thoughts with us, rather than a hefty pour of Evo-Stik in a grubby plastic bag. But I might be wrong.......

I always imagine him keeking in through his bedroom curtains while Greg Kiltie is enjoying the attentions of Mrs Thebigguy68.

40 minutes ago, blues said:

I always imagine him keeking in through his bedroom curtains while Greg Kiltie is enjoying the attentions of Mrs Thebigguy68.

Flattered by the attention folks. Can honestly say I’ve never given any thought to the individual personal circumstances of any poster on here. Bar the fact we all killie fans. I am more interested in the quality of the post.

17 hours ago, Harrogate Peter said:

He'll be used to playing the likes of Connolly in National league to be fair. Against better defenders especially when we aren't moving forward quickly or being creative he's going to find it tougher. 

Based on his interviews I'm sure he's working on this. 

I refer you to the Celtic game which refutes most of your first paragraph. I don't think he will have encountered too many multi - million pounds rated defenders in the National league. 

I do agree that he's inconsistent, but his poorer games aren't always against poor defenders. 

Incidentally, before his injury, Mark Connolly was regarded as a very decent defender by many a Killie fan. 

On 9/12/2020 at 7:20 PM, Scooby_Doo said:

Bet you didn't.

“Outstanding. But 2 out of 6 in terms of games.  Been posted missing in some games but guess that’s why he’s with us. When he’s good he looks very good. Seems to have it all - both goals today class for different reasons. But he’s inconsistent. Hope he kicks on. Number 1 striker for us”

Thats what posted after dundee Utd on this kabamba thread. 11 reds which - for me - maybe not slaughtered. But I’ll stand bye this position. Think the big man can be huge asset but a ways to go yet.

8 hours ago, Brian Niven said:

I refer you to the Celtic game which refutes most of your first paragraph. I don't think he will have encountered too many multi - million pounds rated defenders in the National league. 

I do agree that he's inconsistent, but his poorer games aren't always against poor defenders. 

Incidentally, before his injury, Mark Connolly was regarded as a very decent defender by many a Killie fan. 

I agree he was decent only thing I didn't like was his blaming everyone else when we conceded but I was talking about Connolly now. Also agree Kabamba had a good game against Celtic but he's inconsistent. As I said I'm sure he's working hard on that aspect of his game. 

12 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

“Outstanding. But 2 out of 6 in terms of games.  Been posted missing in some games but guess that’s why he’s with us. When he’s good he looks very good. Seems to have it all - both goals today class for different reasons. But he’s inconsistent. Hope he kicks on. Number 1 striker for us”

Thats what posted after dundee Utd on this kabamba thread. 11 reds which - for me - maybe not slaughtered. But I’ll stand bye this position. Think the big man can be huge asset but a ways to go yet.

I think you received the down votes for the sly dig at Brophy which you seem to love to do. Not about your comments re Kabamba.