Kabamba

iankerr18

28 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Oh, and one plays almost every international game for a better footballing side than Scotland

The same one that seems to often laugh/scoff on social media at the Scottish clubs who made him (not just us). Appears to forget where/what he has come from IMO.

He seems arrogant off the park because of what he has achieved, which to be fair is pretty impressive due to his severely low footballing ability/brain.  There genuinely will be many (many) better footballers than him at junior and amateur level who just haven't applied themselves.

I would go as far as to say that he is the perfect example of why modern football is rubbish. 

All this and I've actually nothing against the guy personally :2:

1 minute ago, dasboag said:

The same one that seems to often laugh/scoff on social media at the Scottish clubs who made him (not just us). Appears to forget where/what he has come from IMO.

He seems arrogant off the park because of what he has achieved, which to be fair is pretty impressive due to his severely low footballing ability/brain.  There genuinely will be many (many) better footballers than him at junior and amateur level who just haven't applied themselves.

I would go as far as to say that he is the perfect example of why modern football is rubbish. 

All this and I've actually nothing against the guy personally :2:

I see where you're coming from, but disagree to an extent.

What I see on social media with his international teammates in particular is exactly what I dont see in the Scotland set up.

Those players play for each other, enjoy going on international duty.

Scotland seems to be a chore to most

Strange that the heading on this thread is Kabamba but it has moved to Brophy. I like Brophy ,he works hard for the team and there are not many 100% penalty takers around. He has played for us in a team set up to defend , most other threads are full of posts about why we need a back 4 and 3 holding midfield players, it is no wonder he is not at a goal every other game. Yes he needs a bit more composure in front of goal , a bit like what Mixu got out of Sammon when he managed to make him more prolific. In one season Sammon went from a 'hope he is off soon player' to someone attracting interest and a fee from the Championship in England. Brophy also needs support, his runs and Stewart's skill made them both better players we can not say the same for Brophy and Kabamba.

6 hours ago, PrestersKtid said:

issue with brophy is he has played up top himself a lot of the time, very difficult to rack goals up in that system. 

Most clubs only deploy one striker these days. Plenty of strikers manage to rack up 20+ goals playing up on their own. 

I feel for Brophy as he clearly doesn't enjoy playing the lone striker role but he should have been working to develop this side of his game as the last 18 months he has mostly been picked up front on his own. 

From what I've seen I can't pick a side of his game that has improved, this is worrying in a player so young. 

22 hours ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Most clubs only deploy one striker these days. Plenty of strikers manage to rack up 20+ goals playing up on their own. 

No they don't.

One player has scored 20 league goals in the last few years. 

Overall number of goals? Name just a few of the 'plenty of strikers' in Scotland' who have done that.

If Brophy was perfect he wouldn't be playing for us. As it is, he's the highest Scots born scorer in the league over the last three years except for James Forrest, and he's only two behind him. That's decent. 

Edited by Ayrshire Killie

I never mentioned Scotland, throughout the world most clubs have moved away from the traditional 4-4-2. In Scotland Celtic and Rangers both only use one up top most games. In England two of the top scorers both play upfront on their own (Kane & Vardy) and still manage to score goals.

Personally my issue is that since he has came to us he doesn’t seem to have improved his overall game, he is young and we should see signs of his game improving. Apart from bulking out his physique what has he been working on and why aren’t we seeing signs that his game is improving?

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Killie said:

If Brophy was perfect he wouldn't be playing for us. As it is, he's the highest Scots born scorer in the league over the last three years except for James Forrest, and he's only two behind him. That's decent. 

Forrest is a winger, that’s not a great stat.

How many Scottish born strikers have played as many games as he has?

11 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

I never mentioned Scotland, throughout the world most clubs have moved away from the traditional 4-4-2. In Scotland Celtic and Rangers both only use one up top most games. In England two of the top scorers both play upfront on their own (Kane & Vardy) and still manage to score goals.

Personally my issue is that since he has came to us he doesn’t seem to have improved his overall game, he is young and we should see signs of his game improving. Apart from bulking out his physique what has he been working on and why aren’t we seeing signs that his game is improving?

I think the fact your examples are Rangers Celtic and Tottenham and Leicester says it all. Teams who are expected to be high up the park and playing on the front foot.

Rangers and Celtic have massive budgets compared to us and have much better players on paper. They can afford to have 1 up top because their wingers are essentially extra forwards. 

Kane has likes of Son and had Eriksen in past providing goals. It's easy for a player like Kane to find space when there's quality like that in the team.

Vardy had likes of Mahrez providing when they won the title, he's also lightning quick which helps if you're up top yourself.

It's no coincidence that Brophy started scoring more when Stewart was playing off him. 

Some strikers suit up top themselves, some prefer a player off them. It's nothing new. He's improved in my opinion, maybe not as much as we'd like but he's a good level for us. I think if he gets a goal or 2 he'll go on a run.

Edited by PrestersKtid

40 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Brilliant. Four players in England's Premier League managed to score 20+ goals last year. Two in the Championship. 

Kane, Vardy, Ings and Sterling in the EPL.

We can't count Sterling as he's a winger, and they're ruled out.

Those high scoring lone strikers are ten a penny aren't they? 

I know - let's see if we can sign Kane or Vardy. Maybe in a swap deal for Brophy. Or if that seems ridiculous, let's stop comparing Brophy with Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy. That would be the sensible thing to do. 

On 9/16/2020 at 3:33 PM, Wee_Eck1979 said:

I feel for Brophy as he clearly doesn't enjoy playing the lone striker role but he should have been working to develop this side of his game as the last 18 months he has mostly been picked up front on his own. 

From what I've seen I can't pick a side of his game that has improved, this is worrying in a player so young. 

Kris Boyd, the best striker we’ve had in recent times, only managed to score 20+ goals a season in his time at Killie twice. 

48 minutes ago, skygod said:

It depends what on how many goals the rest of the players are weighing in with. 

In recent seasons, we have lacked goals from midfield so the onus has been on the striker to score. 

If we’re not conceding many, 8-10 might be okay but if we are it’s going to be nowhere near enough without others chipping in. 

Don't disagree but realistically  unless we unearth a gem who we will sell on or get a gem on loan, 8-10 is what were likely to get.  If we can get 2 doing that then were a bit better positioned.

5 hours ago, Ayrshire Killie said:

Brilliant. Four players in England's Premier League managed to score 20+ goals last year. Two in the Championship. 

Kane, Vardy, Ings and Sterling in the EPL.

We can't count Sterling as he's a winger, and they're ruled out.

Those high scoring lone strikers are ten a penny aren't they? 

I know - let's see if we can sign Kane or Vardy. Maybe in a swap deal for Brophy. Or if that seems ridiculous, let's stop comparing Brophy with Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy. That would be the sensible thing to do. 

I'm not comparing him to Vardy or Kane, those names were the first to spring to mind of lone strikers who still manage to score 20+ goals a season. According to UEFA, 8 of the top 17 scorers for season 2018-2019 (last full season) all played as lone strikers, it's not uncommon for teams to play with a lone striker, our issue is the fact that the rest of our team are goal shy which increases the pressure and expectations that our striker comes up with the goods.

There is no doubting his penalty taking ability, however if he showed the same ruthlessness in open play and you add in the penalties. Then you have a 15+ goal a season striker. As I've said I don't see a marked improvement in his game since he joined. I'd expect a young striker to improve each season as he learns his trade and also the weaknesses of opposition defences, since we play them 3+ times every year.

16 minutes ago, KillieFanInToon said:

The Fish scored the equaliser, Charles "Insomnia" N'Zogbia scored the winner that relegated West Ham.

Though Wigan were relegated too that season, on goal difference.

Me n one of my mates were at Stoke the day Rodallega scored a header to keep Wigan up. Sammon started that day as well. 

When Brophy has been up front on his own over the past few seasons,  the 'support' has mainly come from a combination of Burke, Jones, McKenzie, Dicker, Power, Tshibola, Mulumbu, Miller, Stewart, Thomas ... with the exception of Burke & Stewart there aren't many decent crosses or through balls coming from that lot.

It's no wonder his strike rate isn't great.

13 hours ago, chubbs said:

When Brophy has been up front on his own over the past few seasons,  the 'support' has mainly come from a combination of Burke, Jones, McKenzie, Dicker, Power, Tshibola, Mulumbu, Miller, Stewart, Thomas ... with the exception of Burke & Stewart there aren't many decent crosses or through balls coming from that lot.

It's no wonder his strike rate isn't great.

Come on. Even under Clarke the amount of times he went clean through and quite often knocked it past the post?