Dyers Record

kfc_superteam

In isolation a disappointing but not horrendous result considering we played well but didn't get the result. Over the piece of Dyers reign we have played quite well in patches but have been on the end more often than not of bad results. 

It is the first game of the season so no need to panic but with Celtic, Ross County, St Johnstone then Rangers coming up we will likely be needing points, probably at least 4 from County and Saints or there will be a bit of pressure building. 

Really hope it works out for Alex as he is decent guy, the players like him and was part of the Sir Steve years. 

Edited by kfc_superteam

I want Dyer to succeed, can't imagine any fan wanting their manager to fail. I've said on the Hibs thread that today's performance and result feels like we've picked up where we left off last season, playing well and working hard but being unlucky and silly mistakes costing us. This had us in free fall and on the same points won as hearts in the last 10 games of the season. 

After the Celtic game I would say Ross County and St Johnstone are two games we should be winning giving us momentum going into the game against sevco. The players really need to pull together for the manager and get some results. As it stands his record is;

GP16  W4  D2  L10

Let's all get behind him and the team as best as we all can during these strange times.

KTID

Just now, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Results come with time. Lats year he had a squad made up by Angelo. This year he has had the perfect amount of time to perfect and create the team that he thinks will win games. Unfortunately today wasnt a win. But it was a decent performance considering it wasnt our strongest team.

Agreed, he has brought players which he feels will strengthen and improve the team. Unfortunately three of those players were Injured today and couldn't feature, the young keeper had a rush of blood wanting to make an impression and got caught out. Hopefully the new guys will be in contention next weekend as well as Brophy for a big game.

After the Celtic game the squad should be very familiar with each other and fitness levels up where they should be to push on and hopefully get 6 points against County and St Johnstone.

GP16  W4  D2  L10
- that needs to improve or it will get us relegated. 

I find myself still questioning his decision making with yesterday being a perfect example.

Why start with the new goalkeeper rather than the one who has been training with the team for weeks? Why leave Kabamba on so long when he was contributing nothing to the team?

Both big decisions and in my opinion he got them both wrong. 

He had his chance last season and his points return was terrible. Board has made the wrong appointment again and we will need a new manager at Xmas. 

Really hope Dyer proves me wrong but he is far to inexperienced to manage at this level. He doesn't have the contacts needed to bring in any players with a little bit if quality needed. 

Just now, andy123 said:

He had his chance last season and his points return was terrible. Board has made the wrong appointment again and we will need a new manager at Xmas. 

Really hope Dyer proves me wrong but he is far to inexperienced to manage at this level. He doesn't have the contacts needed to bring in any players with a little bit of quality that we require. We don't have the midfielder who can boss the game and make those killer passes. 

Personally don’t think Dyer was the right appointment but he still deserves time. We still need a CB, creative mid and another striker in but we’ve had a reasonable transfer window so far so hopefully we’ll still be active. In saying that, it was a strange line-up yesterday (reasons for some of it but not all as far as I know) and from some of his pre-season interviews it seems like his main goal is to avoid relegation - surely top 6 has to be the aim!?! We’ve got Haunstrup, McGowan (even though Millen played well yesterday), Dicker and Brophy to come back in so I’m hoping with that and 2 or 3 additions, we’ll be looking good and challenging in the top half.

1 hour ago, Bezza1985 said:

In saying that, it was a strange line-up yesterday (reasons for some of it but not all as far as I know) and from some of his pre-season interviews it seems like his main goal is to avoid relegation - surely top 6 has to be the aim!?! 

Stevie Clarkes mantra both seasons he was here was to avoid relegation first and foremost. Its media jargon, I'm sure Alex will have ambitions to finish in the top 6. I never seen the game but from what I have read on here and heard on the radio, we controlled large parts of the game and were in it until the end. Yes goals win games, we are 1 game into the new season give the man and his team a chance.

We could/should have got at least a point yesterday. 

I wasn’t overly excited when he was given the job but I argued that Angelo should have been given time, so i’ll argue the same needs to be said for AD. He’s recruited pretty well in the current climate. We all know we need that one player to come in and give us that spark. We won’t get that kind of player until nearer the end of the window.

It’s only one game in, no need to panic.

Edited by Guff92

I wasn’t in favour of Dyer getting the job but there is no point screaming for him to be sacked. Last season is gone. There is no point dwelling on it. Only the games ahead matter now and that’s where he’ll be judged

In terms of yesterday’s performance and result. I’ve seen us start a season a lot better and I’ve seen us start a lot worse. We should have been good for a draw but we didn’t do enough and mistakes cost us. It was a more impressive than almost everything we were served up under Locke and McCulloch but folk were prepared to back them for far too long

See where we are sitting when we have a settled team on the park and we’ve done all our transfer business 

1 minute ago, Pompey Exile said:

More worryingly we've yet to win a match with Broaders in the team since he came back

Since Dyer took over the games we won last season always had Findlay and DDF as the CB's. Think we had one draw when Broadfoot started.