Dyers Record

kfc_superteam

27 minutes ago, gjkillie007 said:

However, he's the manager selected by the board so let's get behind him 100% and hopefully that record will improve. 

Agreed, but the board's selection criteria seemed to owe a lot to his being a nice guy and it being an easy appointment. 

This season is, as AD says, about staying in the league. Our sights are set low.  

34 minutes ago, gjkillie007 said:

Let's be honest, dyer's record is pish. No one can really argue with that. However, he's the manager selected by the board so let's get behind him 100% and hopefully that record will improve. No great purpose in forum threads like this.

Of course this is the case, “pish” record for sure and we are one game into the new season after a game we didn’t deserve to lose but he will and deserves to get time before the knives come out. The one or two remaining signings this window will be the key. Unfortunately the Managerial graveyard is full of good guys whose teams didn’t deserve to lose games but did. If it doesn’t work out we’ve always got the Gary Holt default ;)

6 hours ago, Silent Bob said:

I presume you just made this bit up. How would you know who his contacts are?

I'm guessing due to the incoming players he doesn't. 

Once you have managed a few teams you get to know players/managers etc which opens doors. 

He resigned Broadfoot which says it all. Captin Broadfoot 

I don't know that you can look at Dyers record as a whole, he was brought in to take over a team that wasn't his own and let's be honest he had the team playing better without getting the results.

I personally think he gets a fresh start this season as the appointed manager with his own players, now there is no excuses and whilst playing well is good to see it's the results that ultimately will matter in the end 

3 hours ago, KFCSteve said:

I don't know that you can look at Dyers record as a whole, he was brought in to take over a team that wasn't his own and let's be honest he had the team playing better without getting the results.

I personally think he gets a fresh start this season as the appointed manager with his own players, now there is no excuses and whilst playing well is good to see it's the results that ultimately will matter in the end 

He normally started with 8 of the 10 outfield players that he was assistant manager of, under Clarke

O'Donnell

Broadfoot (from the window)

Findlay

Burke

Dicker

Power

McKenzie

Brophy

16 hours ago, Killie Conman said:

He normally started with 8 of the 10 outfield players that he was assistant manager of, under Clarke

O'Donnell

Broadfoot (from the window)

Findlay

Burke

Dicker

Power

McKenzie

Brophy

That’s a good statistic. Not exactly AA’s team as some would say. His record is pish and it has to start improving soon or, good performances or not, he’ll be gone. 

Edited by historyman

On 8/2/2020 at 2:49 PM, piffer said:

I wasn’t in favour of Dyer getting the job but there is no point screaming for him to be sacked. Last season is gone. There is no point dwelling on it. Only the games ahead matter now and that’s where he’ll be judged

In terms of yesterday’s performance and result. I’ve seen us start a season a lot better and I’ve seen us start a lot worse. We should have been good for a draw but we didn’t do enough and mistakes cost us. It was a more impressive than almost everything we were served up under Locke and McCulloch but folk were prepared to back them for far too long

See where we are sitting when we have a settled team on the park and we’ve done all our transfer business 

Yep, absolute nonsense to overlook it, it's the same thing all the time, start slow, lose terrible goals, improve as the other team starts to be more cautious with their lead, still create next to nothing. You can say its one game all you want but we've literally picked up exactly where we left off

Edited by Killie lad

I think it was a mistake to appoint AD. Obvious now as it was at the time. But symptomatic of the lack of ambition of the board following the once in a generation opportunity we had. But those who thought he was the right man before hibs should not change with one game - a game where we were competetive. And all the folks commending Fowler snd dyer for transfer activity can doubt after one game? Ridiculous way folks sway from game to game. Get behind the team. Everyone of the players. There is no glory in us being “right” when the team we love are not winning. 

13 hours ago, Skora11 said:

Lose one game away to a good Hibs side, who many are predicting to finish third, and its back to the same old negativity from Killie fans. 

Some people can’t wait to type the words ‘I knew it was the wrong decision’. 

I haven't been overly critical of Dyer but equally we don't know if Hibs are good, bad, or indifferent, this season. Predicting that Hibs finish third doesn't mean that they will fulfil that prediction. By the end of this month we will have some idea of the standard of his team, particularly after the games against County, St. Johnstone, and Dundee Utd. 

Lose one game away to a good Hibs side, who many are predicting to finish third, and its back to the same old negativity from Killie fans. 

Sorry but hibs were utterly average, we gifted them 2 goals then created next to nothing as they started to sit back on their lead, sound familiar? 

Couldn't agree more, from what I saw over the weekend only Celtic looked better than Hibs. Unfortunately we get them both in our first two games. If we still have zero points after four games let the moaning commence.

13 hours ago, Killie lad said:

Yep, absolute nonsense to overlook it, it's the same thing all the time, start slow, lose terrible goals, improve as the other team starts to be more cautious with their lead, still create next to nothing. You can say its one game all you want but we've literally picked up exactly where we left off

Got to at least let the new players get in the door though surely? 

If Haunstrup and McGowan are as good as we hope then you would expect that to address losing terrible goals. 

By all accounts Pinnock has a great cross on him and can make things happen. Even if it's off the bench, that's something Dyer didn't have last season. 

Plus, from the friendlies, we seemed to have a gameplan around a 442 which we weren't able to go with in terms of Brophy being injured at the weekend. 

To be clear - I'm not confidently predicting those changes will make everything OK - but I think it's only sensible to let that play out before coming to any conclusions. 

27 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I haven't been overly critical of Dyer but equally we don't know if Hibs are good, bad, or indifferent, this season. Predicting that Hibs finish third doesn't mean that they will fulfil that prediction. By the end of this month we will have some idea of the standard of his team, particularly after the games against County, St. Johnstone, and Dundee Utd. 

That is very true, but they've spent decent money and have one of the bigger budgets in the division. It's a tough place to go, especially in the first game of the season.

We did seem to play particularly well but didn't create many great opportunities. Still have Brophy and Pinnock to come in to the 11, then even Haunstrup at LB could help attacking wise. The difference between the two sides seemed to be the pace of Boyle. Hopefully Pinnock is quick, or if not, we really need to sign someone with a bit of pace about them.

5 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Got to at least let the new players get in the door though surely? 

If Haunstrup and McGowan are as good as we hope then you would expect that to address losing terrible goals. 

By all accounts Pinnock has a great cross on him and can make things happen. Even if it's off the bench, that's something Dyer didn't have last season. 

Plus, from the friendlies, we seemed to have a gameplan around a 442 which we weren't able to go with in terms of Brophy being injured at the weekend. 

To be clear - I'm not confidently predicting those changes will make everything OK - but I think it's only sensible to let that play out before coming to any conclusions. 

Oh I do agree, but dyers record is still pretty awful and as far as I can see we still haven't addressed the issue of creativity in the team. Also he left kabamba on the full match when he did nothing, played a goalie that had only just arrived then subbed him off 'injury' and imo broadfoot should no longer be starting hes too slow and his positioning for the first goal was god awful 

3 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

Oh I do agree, but dyers record is still pretty awful and as far as I can see we still haven't addressed the issue of creativity in the team. Also he left kabamba on the full match when he did nothing, played a goalie that had only just arrived then subbed him off 'injury' and imo broadfoot should no longer be starting hes too slow and his positioning for the first goal was god awful 

All of this is sadly true

2 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

we still haven't addressed the issue of creativity in the team. 

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see. 

There's a potential that the 442 could work really well for creating if just done better. We actually got Hamalainan into good positions quite regularly last season but his crossing was abysmal. Better balls into the box with players more suited to the positions could go a long way. 

I also think there's a link between losing those early goals and the lack of creativity. Because we so often went a goal behind we were frequently playing packed defences that weren't leaving gaps or venturing forward. 

I hope we are looking at a few pacey loan players though. Suspect there's a bit of business yet to do. 

I like Dyer but unfortunately I don't think he has the quality to be a number 1. I understand why he got the job after AA left but I think his appointment for this season shows a lack of ambition from the board. His record is poor;

GP 16 W 4 D 2 L 10

I understand that it wasn't his team but the same can be said for AA whose record was;

GP 22 W 9 D 5 L 8

Dyer was playing 8 of the 11 first team regulars he coached under SC that had managed to finish 3rd but he wasn't managing to get the results. Was this due to poor tactical decision making? He has already been criticized of that in the first game with playing Eastwood over Rogers, leaving Kabamba up top as long when he wasn't able to have much of an impact. Again I understand that he has brought new players in who couldn't play due to injuries so we will need to wait and see what impact they have with the squad. I true view of where the team is will be able to be assessed after the County, St Johnstone and Dundee United games. 

But a comparison that I feel can't be over looked is when you look at Daniel Stendels record with hearts;

GP 17 W 5 D 5 L 7

He took over undoubtedly the worst team in the league about the same time Dyer took over and managed to get more points out of Hearts than Dyer managed with Killie. The league getting called when it did I feel was a blessing for Killie. 

I hope Dyer finds his groove and starts getting the best out of the squad he has now assembled to get the results as we all want the club to succeed on and off the pitch.