Dyers Record

kfc_superteam

17 hours ago, casual observer said:

Sadly I’m fairly sure AD will fall into the category of 80% of managers - ok but not top drawer, never going to be a special one, never going to be hopeless. It’s the market we normally operate in (similar to our players) and only occasionally we get the benefit of elite level. 

When first read this I wondered if it's an argument for loaning managers? Of course there are even less successful managers in our price range than players. 

Nothing wrong with the view Dyer's record isn't good enough to date but give him our support and more time. 

To all the soothsayers and doom and gloom merchants on this Forum. Give AD the time he deserves to mould HIS team and you may be pleasantly surprised.

I used to wonder why the media in Scotland always refer to Killie fans as "hard to please". Of course it almost goes without saying now that they get that idea from this thread and others on the Forum. We appear to have a nucleus of posters who like a moan. Opinions are healthy they should produce healthy debate. Lets get serious, how do you expect the media to talk UP Killie when so many on here cannot.

10 minutes ago, superfan said:

To all the soothsayers and doom and gloom merchants on this Forum. Give AD the time he deserves to mould HIS team and you may be pleasantly surprised.

I used to wonder why the media in Scotland always refer to Killie fans as "hard to please". Of course it almost goes without saying now that they get that idea from this thread and others on the Forum. We appear to have a nucleus of posters who like a moan. Opinions are healthy they should produce healthy debate. Lets get serious, how do you expect the media to talk UP Killie when so many on here cannot.

He had half of last season and didn't impress. He even brought Broadfoot back which was embarrassing, now he's made him captain kirk

46 minutes ago, andy123 said:

He had half of last season and didn't impress. He even brought Broadfoot back which was embarrassing, now he's made him captain kirk

He had less than 3 months and inherited a shambles, we are one game into this season try giving the Manager and Players a bit of support, that's what supporters do. Or do you want them to fail ?

5 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

He had less than 3 months and inherited a shambles, we are one game into this season try giving the Manager and Players a bit of support, that's what supporters do. Or do you want them to fail ?

For me last season was his job interview which he didn't shine at. We should had moved on and got a manager to take us forward as a club.

Of course I want us to succeed but I know deep down we won't and we will be looking for a new manager at Christmas time. 

Dyer isn't qualified enough, what happened to learning the trade in the lower divisions and working your way up 

We have gone for the cheap option im afraid

1 hour ago, andy123 said:

For me last season was his job interview which he didn't shine at. We should had moved on and got a manager to take us forward as a club.

Of course I want us to succeed but I know deep down we won't and we will be looking for a new manager at Christmas time. 

Dyer isn't qualified enough, what happened to learning the trade in the lower divisions and working your way up 

We have gone for the cheap option im afraid

Ok Dr Doom

2 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Correct, inherited shambles. Alessio got that shambles to 5th. Imagine what he would of done with decent players 

3 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

You'll be telling us Lee Clark left us as a top 6 club next!

Of course your opinion is more than a bit biased on the whole situation, as it has been since Clarke left. You're only backing Dyer because Clarke brought him in, his record is considerably worse than Alessios and that can't be disputed. 

5 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Of course your opinion is more than a bit biased on the whole situation, as it has been since Clarke left. You're only backing Dyer because Clarke brought him in, his record is considerably worse than Alessios and that can't be disputed. 

I'm backing Dyer as I believe he deserves a fair crack at the whip and that he is the best man for the job in my opinion.

Last season was at best a "transitional" season given the issues with managerial changes and a back office overhaul.

Let's look forward and hope for results on the park.

I’m sure the players are behind dyer. It was clear they were not behind Alessio. The board made the safer short term decision to axe Alessio rather than have mass mutiny. We will all have differing opinions as to whether it may have been better to have had a season or turmoil to allow a mass transition in playing staff under Alessio than play it safe. But, water under the bridge. The board chose its path. And Alex will get my full support as long as he is our leader.

1 minute ago, dumpweed said:

I'm backing Dyer as I believe he deserves a fair crack at the whip and that he is the best man for the job in my opinion.

Last season was at best a "transitional" season given the issues with managerial changes and a back office overhaul.

I also hope we get results on the park, as every Killie fan does. 

What makes you think that Dyer is the best man for the job considering his lack of managerial experience, poor record so far and the fact there was no proper recruitment process. I may be proven wrong but I'm not sure how he can be seen as best man for the job when we didn't even carry out interviews this time around.....

1 minute ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

I also hope we get results on the park, as every Killie fan does. 

What makes you think that Dyer is the best man for the job considering his lack of managerial experience, poor record so far and the fact there was no proper recruitment process. I may be proven wrong but I'm not sure how he can be seen as best man for the job when we didn't even carry out interviews this time around.....

My opinion may be skewed due to interactions with him but he strikes me as an intelligent guy, with a good footballing philosophy. His knowledge on British football is excellent and he is well drilled on training methods and regimes. Yes he has made mistakes (as many rookie managers do) but I am confident that his tactical knowledge, man management ability and in particular his drive will see us well this season.

With Fowler coming in and bringing genuine structure to other areas of the footballing department, I can't stress enough how well the setup compares to last year.

28 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

Were we in free fall with horrific performances on display?

Hardly in freefall - we had been in 5th place for eight weeks.

Not sure how though - in that time, we had one win and three draws.

It's perfectly possible to think that AD isn't the man for the job but to wish him well and hope he's successful. We certainly need some stability after the self-inflicted chaos of last season.

1 hour ago, dumpweed said:

The best man for the job? You don't think there is a better manager out there not in a job????

We could afford Steve Clarke so dont use the "we can't afford it" excuse. 

We are a SPFL team we shouldn't be giving just anyone a crack of the whip for a while. We should had looked to brought in a manager of a higher standard. 

Bowie Said we had the best manager in the league last season, then sacked him with only half the season gone. Another poor choice from the board in my opinion again no managerial experience. Will have been better options out there

1 hour ago, dumpweed said:

My opinion may be skewed due to interactions with him but he strikes me as an intelligent guy, with a good footballing philosophy. His knowledge on British football is excellent and he is well drilled on training methods and regimes. Yes he has made mistakes (as many rookie managers do) but I am confident that his tactical knowledge, man management ability and in particular his drive will see us well this season.

With Fowler coming in and bringing genuine structure to other areas of the footballing department, I can't stress enough how well the setup compares to last year.

yea they have brought some exciting players in so far!!!!!!!!!! Broadfoot.

Cettain managers can attract certain players, the tishbola signing to me looks like we dont have a clue

1 hour ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I’m sure the players are behind dyer. It was clear they were not behind Alessio. The board made the safer short term decision to axe Alessio rather than have mass mutiny. We will all have differing opinions as to whether it may have been better to have had a season or turmoil to allow a mass transition in playing staff under Alessio than play it safe. But, water under the bridge. The board chose its path. And Alex will get my full support as long as he is our leader.

Did McCulloch, Locke ,Johnstone get your full support? Didn't sound like they got much support at the games boo'd of the park most games. 

Dyer has a similar win ratio to the 3 mentioned above and they didn't get the support. 

8 hours ago, andy123 said:

Did McCulloch, Locke ,Johnstone get your full support? Didn't sound like they got much support at the games boo'd of the park most games. 

Dyer has a similar win ratio to the 3 mentioned above and they didn't get the support. 

I don’t boo killie managers or players (Walter McRae maybe took a bit off me back in the day but I was young and imperious!). I take a view that they are trying their best and even though few will love the club the way I do, we are pulling in same direction. That’s not to say I have confidence in every player or manager or board member we’ve had. Damaging mistakes have been made over the last 15 months. I think you can infer that in my post above, but Alex and the team are aligned in trying to win for us. The heart is there as is the intent. I’ll put these factors ahead of my doubts about the manager of boards pedigree. It’s a new season with new players still to take shape. We can judge better in November.

Alessio wasn't sacked because of his record (assume so anyway as don't expect Dyer to be sacked whilst 5th in the table) and Dyer wasn't appointed because of his record.

I wasn't too thrilled at the time on Dyer getting the interim managers job as results didn't improve and we will never know how the season would of it ended.

But due to the current situation I understand the club sticking with him, by the looks of things hes been backed in the transfer market, so my view is Dyers record started from the Hibs game and obviously hope his record is a successful one.