Dyers Record

kfc_superteam

25 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Result and performance today very akin to those under SSC that got us fans excited 

so AD deserves great praise 

Now to see if he can get consistency and win the games we need to....but very encouraging signs today 

This

30 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Result and performance today very akin to those under SSC that got us fans excited 

so AD deserves great praise 

Now to see if he can get consistency and win the games we need to....but very encouraging signs today 

Won't argue with that ... 

AD's point out of 6 against the sisters in the last two home games.......4

McInnes points for Aberdeen last two home against them..........................0

Robinsons point for Motherwell last two against them..................................0

Lets see where we go now in games against the likes of County, St. Johnstone and Dundee Utd....very promising signs today.

• 2 weeks later...

How much longer do we give Dyer? He's only been given as much of a pass by fans due to his association with Clarke. 

At no point has he looked like a manager at this level. His caretaker record was brutal, was inexplicably given it full time without any sort of process, and has now had two transfer windows to put his own stamp on the team. 

His win/draw/loss record has to read as one of the worst of any Killie manager. The decision to move on Alessio instead of the disruptive players looks worse and worse. 

14 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

How much longer do we give Dyer? He's only been given as much of a pass by fans due to his association with Clarke. 

At no point has he looked like a manager at this level. His caretaker record was brutal, was inexplicably given it full time without any sort of process, and has now had two transfer windows to put his own stamp on the team. 

His win/draw/loss record has to read as one of the worst of any Killie manager. The decision to move on Alessio instead of the disruptive players looks worse and worse. 

Also the League table even 5 games in is awful-Livi take anything from their game in hand are we are bottom-with our budget we are under performing badly..

Just now, Mclean07 said:

It’s like a rerun of McCulloch, decent players, but he can’t get it to work. 

I’ve been thinking this as well.

What concerns me is that McCulloch was manager until early-October.  Even then his Open Goal interview suggested it was his decision to resign and the board wanted him to stay on. 

Too many big games coming up to stick with a manager who is looking sorely out his depth. 

3 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

It’s like a rerun of McCulloch, decent players, but he can’t get it to work. 

We all know this isn't working. Never looked liked it would and AD isn’t going to turn it around. Board will stick with him until we are clearly in danger of going down, sack him then do what everybody but the board knew should happen and should have taken place before dishing out a two year deal and go out to the market and choose the best candidate.

Sadly predicable and that’s the depressing bit. Appoint a dud, the players mate, and await the inevitable and that’s exactly what the board did. How BB runs a successful business if he applies a similar employment strategy is hard to believe. Tough weeks ahead.

28 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Dyer's win-draw-loss in league games is 3-3-11.

Alessio's was 6-5-7 when he got sacked. 

I really don't know what Dyer's logic is.  We have a dreadfully organised defense with no shape and his attempted solution seems to be to just keep adding more defenders.  Outfield we started essentially with 8 defenders today, 7 against mighty St. Johnstone, but there doesn't seem to be a defensive plan other than "men behind ball".

He seems to have SC's philosophy of trying to control a game without the ball, but that requires shape work that we don't appear to be doing, or at least isn't translating from the training ground to the pitch.

The setup is just weird - we're playing some kind of ultra-defensive setup where off the ball we sit deep and defend our own box and surrender possession, but centre halves see, to have license to move out to challenge midfielders, and Dicker and Power seems to drop wide to double up on wide players, allowing people to play through the middle of us quite easily.  On the ball we bizarrely seem to play a fairly high line, meaning we're really easy to counter attack because we've so little pace.

Under Mixu's early days you could see what the plan is though it took a while to get right, Shiels evolved that into a more controlled but way less spectacular approach.  You could likewise see the same when SC first came in and we played Rangers and Hibs.  Even under Lee Clark you could see him trying to force a diamond even if it didn't really work very well.

5 games in this season I've no clue what the plan is supposed to be.

Edited by Lorielus

Need to start winning games quickly. Games like today are free hits for managers. They shouldn’t be but Unless they get embarrassed they get away with it. If they win they get the praise.

Dyers record is horrific. No doubt about it. Anyone other than him and the fans would have turned a long time ago. His excuses are running out now. The games vs the OF are gone. It’s his squad and they’ve had a pre season plus five games to gel. He really needs to start putting points on the board ASAP. No more making excuses for him. If we don’t get the win next week he better be under severe pressure if he’s lucky enough to still be in a job

49 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Surprised by the support AD had still on social media

Because he's pretty much universally liked within the support. I'm finding it pretty upsetting that this is the way his relationship with Killie is going to end - would have loved him to be a success, I'm sure we're all the same. 

8 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Because he's pretty much universally liked within the support. I'm finding it pretty upsetting that this is the way his relationship with Killie is going to end - would have loved him to be a success, I'm sure we're all the same. 

I’d be more upset if he left us in an unrecoverable position. The board and sections of the fan base judgement has been clouded by the man he is. Too many wanted him to get the job because he was a good guy in the first place. We can’t let that influence us again. He can only keep the job on merit

A lot of comparisons with the McCulloch situation. The atmosphere at RP in his final match 0-2 against Ross Co was terrible. How bad would it have been last Saturday with a crowd I wonder? 

Even then McCulloch had to resign the Board weren't going to sack him at that point so surely Dyer will get a little longer? Looked at coldly today changed nothing but simply strengthen my view that sadly he won't turn it around.