Home game v Celtic

Dave1981

10 minutes ago, Karl said:

I expect Dyer will have in his mind that we have a far more important game 3 days later against Ross County. Depending on fitness levels it might be a case of leaving someone like Millen out not just for a more defensive set-up on the Sunday, but so he's fresh for the Wednesday.

Be harsh to drop Millen for Sunday. If we are going more defensive I’d expect Dicker to come in for McKenzie or Kiltie.

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Be harsh to drop Millen for Sunday. If we are going more defensive I’d expect Dicker to come in for McKenzie or Kiltie.

In McGowans favour though, he has a fair bit of experience playing Celtic in a side that has done reasonably well to frustrate them in some games. 

I think Millens lack of overall quality would stand out far more against Celtic. 

Play the best team to manage a game on the back foot with little of the ball - at least for the first 65 mins or so. McGowan is a better player than Millen based on what we’ve seen of the two in SPL but we could play both, with Millen offering cover in a wide right role. Leave out Burkey until game is there to be won or salvaged, rather have him fresh for County. 
Kiltie & Kabamba drop out, Dicker & Brophy come in. Rory offers Waters some cover out wide against Forrest. 

6 hours ago, casual observer said:

Play the best team to manage a game on the back foot with little of the ball - at least for the first 65 mins or so. McGowan is a better player than Millen based on what we’ve seen of the two in SPL but we could play both, with Millen offering cover in a wide right role. Leave out Burkey until game is there to be won or salvaged, rather have him fresh for County. 
Kiltie & Kabamba drop out, Dicker & Brophy come in. Rory offers Waters some cover out wide against Forrest. 

Have to agree with this... McGowan will frustrate them and rattle a few cages! Curious how Pinnock is defensively, could he be an option instead of Millen? Would be harsh to drop Millen but might suit the style we have to play

Clarke used to thrive against Celtic because he had a tried and tested system to use against them, a low or deep defensive block. 

It used to look like they had seen that it was Celtic up next and drilled the team for the next week solid to play the system.

Was it the 1-0 when Mulumbu scored when they had their only shot on target in the 86th minute or so? 

AD was part of that so he knows how it works. 

Edited by skygod

13 minutes ago, skygod said:

Clarke used to thrive against Celtic because he had a tried and tested system to use against them, a low or deep defensive block. 

It used to look like they had seen that it was Celtic up next and drilled the team for the next week solid to play the system.

Was it the 1-0 when Mulumbu scored when they had their only shot on target in the 86th minute or so? 

AD was part of that so he knows how it works. 

I actually think it was injury time when Griffiths had a shot on target that day and it was their first of the game!

On 8/2/2020 at 11:13 PM, Dave1981 said:

Todays stats for Celtic 25 shots 15 on target.

I honestly hope we don't get pumped next weekend.  Less than 3 conceded will be a great result.  Our CB better have a grip of Edouard (note to Broadfoot....i don't literally mean have a grip of him as we don't need to give away any daft penalties)

Getting beat will be a good result!!!!!!

Couple of seasons ago we would be thinking good chance of a Clarke masterclass and 3 points are very achievable. 

No point turning up Sunday just to play to not get humped. 

Edited by andy123

49 minutes ago, andy123 said:

Couple of seasons ago we would be thinking good chance of a Clarke masterclass and 3 points are very achievable. 

Agreed, boils my piss when so called Killie fans talk about limiting Celtic to 3 goals at RP.

When was the last time they scored 3 at RP?

I'll be watching it in a pub in Glasgow hoping we score first to get it right up the c**ts.

21 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Agreed, boils my piss when so called Killie fans talk about limiting Celtic to 3 goals at RP.

When was the last time they scored 3 at RP?

I'll be watching it in a pub in Glasgow hoping we score first to get it right up the c**ts! 

They scored 3 the last time they were at RP! Agree with your point though. 

44 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

They scored 3 the last time they were at RP! Agree with your point though. 

Oh aye, had blanked that one out!

Even still, we were still in that game until they scored the 3rd late on. No reason why we can't give them a game on Sunday.

Celtic SHOULD win every game they play.

They don't though and they've dropped points to worse teams than us in the past 12 months.

6 hours ago, andy123 said:

I'm not saying getting beat will be a good result but Killie are nowhere near where they were 2 seasons ago and I feel that the way Killie are playing against the way Celtic are playing is worrying for the goal difference.  

Killie fans worryingly still believe the club is a top 3 club, realistically we are hopefully top 6 this season.  It would be great to get any point(s) off of Celtic this year and fingers crossed I am proved wrong this weekend!

3 hours ago, Dave1981 said:

I'm not saying getting beat will be a good result but Killie are nowhere near where they were 2 seasons ago and I feel that the way Killie are playing against the way Celtic are playing is worrying for the goal difference.  

Killie fans worryingly still believe the club is a top 3 club, realistically we are hopefully top 6 this season.  It would be great to get any point(s) off of Celtic this year and fingers crossed I am proved wrong this weekend!

I dont think we are top 3 but I like to think we can give any team in the league a game. 

Did Dyer say our aim is to avoid relegation?? Maybe I dreamt that.

I think top 6 is a great season, bottom 6 has to go down as a failure for me. We made Europe and top 6 a couple of seasons ago I was hoping we would build ourself into a top 6 club following that

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

To stay in the league, I think were the words used.

thought he said something like. Not really the target I had in mind. Dont know how in 1 season we can go back to that mentality. Clarke wouldn't had lost that game on Saturday, Dyer is still learning but think we should had gone for a more experienced manager. 

Can only hope he starts to turn things around abit

We have to stop comparing Dyer to Clarke, but Clarke made all the same types of statements at the beginning of the season - get safe was always the first aim.

From there, little targets over short periods of time was one of his methods.

And I've seen that people are using the fact that Dyer has access to eight of the players Clarke had available. Fair enough if that is used, but if you turn that on it's head and Dyer doesn't have access to the players that over the piece made all the difference - Bachmann, Stewart, Mulumbu, Jones and this season, SOD.

13 minutes ago, andy123 said:

thought he said something like. Not really the target I had in mind. Dont know how in 1 season we can go back to that mentality. Clarke wouldn't had lost that game on Saturday, Dyer is still learning but think we should had gone for a more experienced manager. 

Can only hope he starts to turn things around abit

Clarke used to say the same thing. First aim is to stay in the league and build from there toward top 6. He said it even in the season we finished third.

23 hours ago, KillieBus said:

We have to stop comparing Dyer to Clarke, but Clarke made all the same types of statements at the beginning of the season - get safe was always the first aim.

From there, little targets over short periods of time was one of his methods.

And I've seen that people are using the fact that Dyer has access to eight of the players Clarke had available. Fair enough if that is used, but if you turn that on it's head and Dyer doesn't have access to the players that over the piece made all the difference - Bachmann, Stewart, Mulumbu, Jones and this season, SOD.

No - but he has got his own players in. You can’t have it both ways. 

On 8/4/2020 at 8:53 AM, andy123 said:

I agree - we don't want to return to the JJ days of losing before kick off.

If the team go into the game with that mentality then we will definitely lose. Tight defence and two up front gives us a chance. We've got a chance of getting something.