Home game v Celtic

Dave1981

Just don't have the same confidence that i had with Clarke in charge. I started to think we could win every week. But that was because we got results every week. Negativity will of course set in when the Team is inconsistent.

I agree with no fans screaming at you we should have nothing to fear ,  Its just 11 vs 11 and who is more up for it. Much as i hate the plastic pitch , It should work in our favor.

My only problem is chances created and Celtic will have the majority.  I ll take a draw.

A win today by any means or even a draw and all the negativity is gone, Alex would then get time to mould this team you would think, with all the moaners silenced for a while. Can we do it ? Get right into them from first to last whistle and who knows, anything is possible.  KTID

We respect them but no fear. They have no fans, don’t like the pitch and are still getting up to speed as we are. Rather play them now than after 10 games. Folks rarely come to rugby park  and take an easy 3 points. Get fired in from the off. A Whitehall header to share the spoils. 

1 minute ago, Allymitchell91 said:

Roger

McGowan Broadfoot Findlay Haunstrup

Burke Power Dicker Tishbola McKenzie

Brophy

Assuming this 11 is fit for selection 

I don’t think this will be far off the starting lineup. Maybe Millen at RB as he did last week. McKenzie will probably start. We all have our opinions on him some good some bad but he is a coaches dream especially in games like this.

For some reason I’d like to see Whitehall given a chance as lone striker. Maybe a bit more physical than Brophy or Kabamba and an unknown quantity to the Celtic defence. 

34 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

We respect them but no fear. They have no fans, don’t like the pitch and are still getting up to speed as we are. Rather play them now than after 10 games. Folks rarely come to rugby park  and take an easy 3 points. Get fired in from the off. A Whitehall header to share the spoils. 

Not sure Celtic are "still getting up to speed".  Last week they won 5-1.  Pretty sure they have got to full speed already.  No doubt it'll be an interesting scoreline.  Would be nice to get an early goal to see how they react.  In the past though, and I'm talking about 90s/00s if Killie were giving them a game until about 60-70min the what was Old Firm teams would just go up a gear, hopefully thats not the same as today. 

33 minutes ago, Allymitchell91 said:

Roger

Brophy

Pretty much this. If we keep it as tight and organised as we can there's always a chance you can nick something. Literally no mistakes.

Though, If Edouard fancies it then it could be a long day.

I still think we need to play two up front, extra man in midfield doesn't do a lot for me when Celtic can just out play you anyway. At minimum I'd have Kiltie up closer to brophy when we're in possession, ideally I'd have Kabamba and brophy playing together. 

5 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

BBC say 'Leigh Griffiths is unavailable due to a calf strain'.

Nothing to do with breaking covid regulations by holding an illegal party for his girl-friend then?

I think this is why we've seen Celtic looking for a short term striking option (Fletcher) because I think they've had enough. 

Lennon doesn't strike me as someone who'd suffer fools gladly - He had Kamberi's number when he was at Hibs for similar. 

Edited by LH31

If he’s fit, id be shocked if Dicker doesn’t play today to shield the back 4. Still think we will go one up top, whether that’s Kabamba or Brophy, I’m not sure. If we do then it could be a long afternoon against Celtic’s defence 

1 hour ago, Dave1981 said:

Not sure Celtic are "still getting up to speed".  Last week they won 5-1.  Pretty sure they have got to full speed already.  No doubt it'll be an interesting scoreline.  Would be nice to get an early goal to see how they react.  In the past though, and I'm talking about 90s/00s if Killie were giving them a game until about 60-70min the what was Old Firm teams would just go up a gear, hopefully thats not the same as today. 

I wouldnt read too much into a 4 goal winning margin against a team that were out played at home to Ross county yesterday. agree the media would think it was barcelona they took apart. Get into them.

The goalkeeper concerns me.

Nothing could be done to prevent Eastwood's injury - although it's still a mystery how it happened - but we are back in the position of having the back-up in goal.

I hope we are not committed to paying for Eastwood during his rehab because we need to bring someone in now. 

3 hours ago, Allymitchell91 said:

Roger

Brophy

Not far off.

Brophy probably wont play up top himself especially against Jullien and Ajer.

4 hours ago, Bigdaw said:

Just don't have the same confidence that i had with Clarke in charge. I started to think we could win every week. But that was because we got results every week. Negativity will of course set in when the Team is inconsistent.

I agree with no fans screaming at you we should have nothing to fear ,  Its just 11 vs 11 and who is more up for it. Much as i hate the plastic pitch , It should work in our favor.

My only problem is chances created and Celtic will have the majority.  I ll take a draw.

Draw would be a great result and a bonus. Wednesday night is a more important game in my mind.