Sportscene

muza1962

18 hours ago, Stuart said:

So you sit in your living room and think she talks sense? These ladies are in the studio to keep everything pc 

Shelly Kerr? Not particularly. But that’s not the point you made, and my comment was mostly in reference to the stupidity of yours. 

Edited by Bobby14

21 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

Shelly Kerr? Not particularly. But that’s not the point you made, and my comment was mostly in reference to the stupidity of yours. 

Stupidity? That’s your take on it, pretty sure there is plenty out there who think the same as me but because of all this pc s**te they feel they must go along with it.

I don't normally listen to the panel of experts, as I rarely watch Sportscene live. Record it, fast forward through Celtic and Sevco games unless we're playing them, then maybe watch highlights of our next opponents. Dropped the wrong person when they kept Thompson, Stewart was way better.  Don't mind women on the panel but Shelly Kerr sounded like a brain dead old school manager. 

Sportscene Negatives: 

1) Losing Michael Stewart as a pundit. He was the best one by far.

2) That theme tune. It's garbage, on a par with Match of the Day. Awful.

3) The Killie result.

4) Thommo bumbling through his lines. I liked the dynamic between him and Stewart. Saturday's show reminded me a bit of Vougie Dipond. He'll get better, but he needs his pal back.

Sportscene Positives:

1) Thought Shaun Maloney sounded pretty good. Some insightful comments.

2) Julie Fleeting knows her stuff.

3) The new opening titles are class. Apart from the theme tune.

4) Accidentally loading up Steve Clarke's last game instead of the latest episode. What a day that was.

Edited by Mogwai

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Stupidity? That’s your take on it, pretty sure there is plenty out there who think the same as me but because of all this pc s**te they feel they must go along with it.

“I’m not sexist but...” is something an idiot says, before said idiot goes on to say something sexist... Regardless of your take on “snowflakes” and “political correctness s**te”.

3 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

“I’m not sexist but...” is something an idiot says, before said idiot goes on to say something sexist... Regardless of your take on “snowflakes” and “political correctness s**te”.

You’re the idiot responding 

Now not to stand up for sexists idiots; but after the BBC sexism row, they made sure there was a female pundit on Final Score every week. 

For me they should be there on merit, same as male pundits. Though the only qualification for either seems to be "a played footie once ya know". Alex Scott definitely falls into the "there on merit" category. Another one I like is Gabby Logan. Good anchor and would much rather have her in charge than droopy draws Lineker

Edited by Pompey Exile

10 minutes ago, Pompey Exile said:

Now not to stand up for sexists idiots; but after the BBC sexism row, they made sure there was a female pundit on Final Score every week. 

For me they should be there on merit, same as male pundits. Though the only qualification for either seems to be "a played footie once ya know". Alex Scott definitely falls into the "there on merit" category. Another one I like is Gabby Logan. Good anchor and would much rather have her in charge than droopy draws Lineker

Different broadcaster but was happy to see Sky stick with Eilidh Barbour for this season. Good to see them put someone with a passion and positivity for the Scottish game at the forefront. Always got the impression Hayley McQueen couldn’t be arsed with it. 

9 minutes ago, piffer said:

Different broadcaster but was happy to see Sky stick with Eilidh Barbour for this season. Good to see them put someone with a passion and positivity for the Scottish game at the forefront. Always got the impression Hayley McQueen couldn’t be arsed with it. 

Didn't Elidh interview Alan Power in the Park Hotel? If so however talented she is that's her career highpoint right there! 

17 hours ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

I like Alex Scott too, comes across as knowledgeable but also a good laugh. Some of the female pundits make Alan Shearer sound original and/or expressive. 

I really like Alex Scott. Theres not much competition with regards to Shearer and Wright, but she definitely seems the most knowledgeable on the bbc panel. 

I don't mind Wright at all, makes up for the personality bypass that is Shearer. I find Jenas more annoying than Wright and I really like Spurs. In the end it is just punditry, they can talk tactics all they want but none of them have ever been able to implement those tactics successfully as a manager. 

33 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I don't mind Wright at all, makes up for the personality bypass that is Shearer. I find Jenas more annoying than Wright and I really like Spurs. In the end it is just punditry, they can talk tactics all they want but none of them have ever been able to implement those tactics successfully as a manager. 

It is quite interesting to hear Shearer explain all the mistakes that are made - he obviously couldn’t do that when he had his team in a dressing room.