Sportscene

muza1962

37 minutes ago, killienice said:

Sportsound is worse -I  gave up on it last year Pat,Biscuits,Willie Miller et  al -horrendous....With Richard Gordon there’s too heavy an Aberdeen bias -too long dedicated to Derek McInnes using 100 words to answer a question when 10 would do-awful programme.

Spot on, I’ve text them numerous times to complain about listening to Northsound.....

3 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

I don't mind Wright at all, makes up for the personality bypass that is Shearer. I find Jenas more annoying than Wright and I really like Spurs. In the end it is just punditry, they can talk tactics all they want but none of them have ever been able to implement those tactics successfully as a manager. 

In my eyes, Iain Wright lost any credibility as a pundit when he proclaimed the Arsenal defence “Can get got at”. 
Still trying to make sense of his use of past tense to describe the present tense. An unstoppable moron. 

Jenas gets a hard time, but he’s far from the worst. Quite liked him on BT Sport with higher grade of pundit. 

Edited by Bobby14

19 minutes ago, harley said:

Why do they show quotes from the managers interviews at various stages of the highlights. Fecking annoying. Am I correct that they did that for all the games except the Old Scum ones.

I believe so.   I commented on that too.   

Absolutely dreadful presentation. 

1 hour ago, kfc_superteam said:

Good grief! Tuned in for the highlights and the reaction of the pundits to our game only to be greeted by Thompson(now presenter), Maloney and Craig Gordon. Deary me, they were complementary but really a hard watch! 

I though their analysis was really good, but their body language was a case study in discomfort...

On 8/5/2020 at 8:07 PM, harley said:

Why do they show quotes from the managers interviews at various stages of the highlights. Fecking annoying. Am I correct that they did that for all the games except the Old Scum ones.

I think those are only for the games, that were shown on Sat night's show. 

Very impressed with Maloney so far. Comes across as articulate, perceptive and crucially, entirely unencumbered with the usual Scottish Football media tropes. 
Given his willingness to experience football aware from the home glare, it’s perhaps no surprise.  
And since he’s currently coaching one of the world’s top international teams, we’ll forgive him his slightly uncomfortable telegenic ‘presence’, which I’m sure will improve with appearances.