SNP screw up education again

gdevoy

46 minutes ago, chubbs said:

He's had a nightmare AGAIN.... claiming quotes from English teachers relating to the OFQAL handling of exam results were made by Scottish teachers. 

No I didn't claim that  I made an assumption that they were based on Sxottish teachers,  as that was the topic.  Without the later clarification I was not aware that the quote was from England.

So you've just made a similar assumption.

34 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

No I didn't claim that  I made an assumption that they were based on Sxottish teachers,  as that was the topic.  Without the later clarification I was not aware that the quote was from England.

So you've just made a similar assumption.

I was talking about McLean's post not yours.  Following the quotes in the posts, it was fairly obvious, imo, that the conversation had moved on to the English exam results and how it was being handled down there.

56 minutes ago, chubbs said:

I was talking about McLean's post not yours.  Following the quotes in the posts, it was fairly obvious, imo, that the conversation had moved on to the English exam results and how it was being handled down there.

Fair enuf,  my post to be fair could also fall into that bracket as I'd thought it referred to Scost Teachers. 

Tbf there is so much SNP baaad about in the press anyways its easy to be mistaken.  Since indeoendence got in front in the polls the press have ramped up their usual SNP baad union good approach.  The express and Mail particularly.

9 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Ok so, they're not.happy that their suggested grades were donwgraded AND not happy that their grades are now accepted....

WTF do these f**kers actually want.

What a mare you’ve had here and how quickly you turn on Scottish people (you thought)  if they don’t grovel before the cult. 

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

What a mare you’ve had here and how quickly you turn on Scottish people (you thought)  if they don’t grovel before the cult. 

You really really need help man. You're full of so much self loathing that you actually beleive amongst all the peoples on this planet your own nation is the only one which is incapable of running itself.  Amd at the merest hint that we want to you go all Manky Jaiket and ultra yoon.

40 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

40% of A Levels in England downgraded.

Westminster failing education yet again.

Wonder if they will have the balls to do a U turn.

Surely now someone needs to look at the disconnect between predicted grades and examination performance. 

That's Scotland with 25% as a whole and England with 40% of A level results downgraded to "normal performance levels for exams, when compared to the presented teacher estimates.

Either the exams are not reflective of the working levels of understanding of the students,  OR the teachers have over estimated the working grades.  (Likely combination of both imo)

But, FFS and may ky tongue turn black and fall out for this, this is an issue which clearly goes beyond partizan party polticis and the qualification authorities and Teachibg profession need to be realigned to ensure the education levels of all young people are to the highest standard possible but also reflect the depth of knowledge and understanding of subjects, and which is no longer  based on a one time examination which if often set by people who are potentially outside the teaching environment as such.

This isn't  a Scottish issue or an English one, nor is it an SNP baad or Tory baaad situation either.  Its an educational one which needs addressing by ALL parties, and all nations individually on this Island  as these results show there's an issue, either with the teaching, curriculum, methods used and examinations set.

I would've thought the financial manta, "past performance is no guarantee of future results" would hold, in that performance through the year is no guarantee of exam success.

So either the exams we've relied on all these years are wrong or the one-off predicted grading is wrong. Hhhmmmmmm. 

If results could be predicted so easily, we'd all be squillionaires! :)

Watching the BBC it seems that people are only now waking up to the fact that the English are using exactly the same statistical re normalisation as the SQA used. 

An absolute volcano of righteous outrage seems to have only now erupted. I do enjoy watching a good train crash.

3 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Watching the BBC it seems that people are only now waking up to the fact that the English are using exactly the same statistical re normalisation as the SQA used. 

An absolute volcano of righteous outrage seems to have only now erupted. I do enjoy watching a good train crash.

Sounds like you should start a thread on the subject. What about "Unionists screw up education again"?

3 minutes ago, undefined said:

Sounds like you should start a thread on the subject. What about "Unionists screw up education again"?

I started the thread because I feel the SNP have a poor track record on education and this exams fiasco was just another chapter in a sorry tale. They have a good record in other areas like dealing with covid 19 but education is not their strong suit. I started the thread to try and get some balance against the SNP can do no wrong and can never be criticised under any circumstances mindset I find myself constantly confronted with.

As it turns out the Scottish government were following a very flawed methodology being touted all over the UK so it nay have been a little "harsh" to criticise them specifically on this. The fact that loads of others are doing something doesnt make it any righter but I do concede they were just following the crowd here.

Looking at what is happening down south I now find it farcical that Ruth Davidson was criticising John Sweeny for doing what Gavin Williamson is now doing.

Estimation is never an adequate replacement for measurement  in these circumstances. It is only a question of what you decide us the least worst option. I myself personally find marking people down because if the school they had the misfortune to attend a particularly nasty way to blight young peoples life chances.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

FB_IMG_1597336094976.jpg

Another conclusion could be all educational authorities made a complete arse of this as they followed each other . Wasn’t done with any malice , a mistake was made , no political resignations needed . Also don’t use the expert/s that recommended this again. 

6 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Surprise Surprise the worst pm in British History defending private schools on average doubling grades from poorer familys welcome to the eton tossers Britian return to victorian Britain no less you would expect from a privilged never worked a day in his life arsehole

1 hour ago, EKX16 said:

The British Labour party in Scotland and the British Tory party in Scotland joined at the hip once again.

Utter f**king hypocrites, and their silence on the wider disparity in England and Wales (whose pupils have NO appeal process) is deafening.

Its all about SNP baaad, and not actually about the Kids.

My eldest (17yr old) said it all tonight when watching the news (BBC misreporting Scotland). 

"Why should he resign  he fixed the problem and apologised, when we ever hear any if thiae other arseholes apologise for anything"