SNP screw up education again

gdevoy

19 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

Surprise Surprise the worst pm in British History defending private schools on average doubling grades from poorer familys welcome to the eton tossers Britian return to victorian Britain no less you would expect from a privilged never worked a day in his life arsehole

easily fixed bud.. join us on the Yes side and work for a better future for Scotland. 

The rUK is f**ked as we will have endless Tory govt (red or blue), who see us as a resource to be used and abused, while ridiculing our entire nation.

Of course it was all about SNPbad. The UK political parties publish their ‘agenda’ to press and TV weeks in advance. Scottish results are always out slightly before English ones. Its a prearranged news cycle, happens same tine every year. Doesn’t really matter that 39% of results were downgraded in England, compared to 25% here, that's why the very day English results are being digested, lib dem tory and labour are at hollyrood pressing for Swimney to resign, rather than having a meaningful companion with how English results were handled. Obviously lauding a devolved government that actually listened to folks concern - Kinda the whole point of devolution in itself - is beyond these parties who believe in devolution and instead now being dominated by the limited politics  (or narcissism) of what we call, SNPbad.   

Edited by RAG

6 minutes ago, RAG said:

Of course it was all about SNPbad. The UK political parties publish their ‘agenda’ to press and TV weeks in advance. Scottish results are always out slightly before English ones. Its a prearranged news cycle, happens same tine every year. Doesn’t really matter that 39% of results were downgraded in England, compared to 25% here, that's why the very day English results are being digested, lib dem tory and labour are at hollyrood pressing for Swimney to resign, rather than having a meaningful companion with how English results were handled. Obviously lauding a devolved government that actually listened to folks concern - Kinda the whole point of devolution in itself - is beyond these parties who believe in..devolution. 

These parties beleive in...... control by the elite, for the elite and the continuation of the elite.

6 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

These parties beleive in...... control by the elite, for the elite and the continuation of the elite.

They believe only in SNPbad, AKA independenceBad, AKA ScotlandsBad. Torybad n thatcherbad were successful cross party rallying calls in 1980s. Have been trying to rehash that same **** for years. They think a rebranding of that collective anti tory sentiment, to a constant din of SNPbad, will lead people into the arms of the Tories of all people? Sadly, brainwashing works!  #SturgeonMustGo 

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

They're (the polls are) only heading in one direction and its towards independence.

Unless they shoot themselves in the foot by Salmond forming his own alternative independence party because Nicola is not radical enough.

Despite all the internal criticisms from the zealots she is actually building a serious majority in the country which is what you need to win a referendum.

Edited by gdevoy

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

Hope the last part was a piss take.  But have you seen any of the most recent polls. 

I seen the polls. My mate who runs a chain of wine shops in Edinburgh was telling me ‘independence is coming‘ last week and he’s a Lib Dem. Brexit has really pissed his customers off. 

Edited by RAG

1 hour ago, RAG said:

I seen the polls. My mate who runs a chain of wine shops in Edinburgh was telling me ‘independence is coming‘ last week and he’s a Lib Dem. Brexit has really pissed his customers off. 

I truly hope he is right, for me it’s the only chance we in Scotland, and it might just be enough to jolt our neighbours back from the brink (I do hope so).

4 hours ago, Scooter said:

Definitely been a bit of a breakthrough week with the scales falling from some people’s eyes regarding this Scottish Government. 9_9

Screenshot_20200814_065154.jpg.c23885e0cd0f2590cec85f026e2b019a.jpg

Johnston was the Tory unity candidate. He stopped the Tories from imploding by expelling all those without an Englush nationalist leaning in order to get "consensus" on Europe. 

Now he has nowhere to go in dealing with Scottish independence. That and he is also a rather weak personality.

It would be like the red neck south voting for Trump....i.e against your own economic interests for a flag. Sad, but I’m pretty sure if there is ever another neverendum the realities will kick in. No central bank, no monetary independence as we’ll still be operating under B of E interest rates, no set view on the currency yet, keeping the monarchy, dealing with the deficit and the choices regarding EU membership, the difficulty of attracting enough immigration to make the economy work and the lack of knowledge in Scotland as to the fact that is what we need. These are real issues that cannot be wished away. Nurses, teachers etc are going to get a really big wake up call when they realise it’s not all Westminster’s fault and they see very restricted finances for at least ten years. Of course, some see all of this as ‘worth it”. That’s fine. It reminds me a bit of football supporters desperate for a takeover to go through because the hate the existing owners, even though they know the problems with the new people. It’s like many Trump supporters are now saying, they “wanted” to believe it. Go ahead, but open your eyes to the consequences. The majority of posts I see from nationalists on social media are frighteningly economically illiterate. I’ll probably not be here to say I told you so, when you get your first right wing populist Government within ten years, but I’m sorry for the young people who will be. It would be good to hear one single convincing argument against these issues (fact based). 

5 hours ago, Scooter said:

Definitely been a bit of a breakthrough week with the scales falling from some people’s eyes regarding this Scottish Government. 9_9

Screenshot_20200814_065154.jpg.c23885e0cd0f2590cec85f026e2b019a.jpg

Have you found even a paper run job that the SNP have created in your area yet? Yer no so smart on that one are you #brigadoon 

13 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Johnston was the Tory unity candidate. He stopped the Tories from imploding by expelling all those without an Englush nationalist leaning in order to get "consensus" on Europe. 

The protracted way Brexit has been implemented, to save the Tory party, has probably damaged the union overall.  Most UK govs. last less than 4 years on average, yet Brexit hasn't been implemented, more than 4 years (and 2 Tory PMs) later.   While all the time, the Scottish medias been full of the 'division' and 'uncertainty' a hypothetical 2nd Scottish indyref would cause? Ironically, with weight Tories have put on 'polls' in the Scottish situation, would there be any point even having a 2nd referendum, if after Brexit, it did get to 60% YES?  The 2nd devo referendum was a landslide and an embarrassment to the NO campaign.  I could see despite the Tory grandstanding, it ending in a 'velvet divorce' after Brexit does its thing. Brexit and Indy supporters at opposite ends of the scale politically, can have their cake and eat it.  The Tory Brexit project are better off without us, despite Scotlands massive resources and Scotlands better off without Tories. Besides on defence etc, we're keeping the queen and stuck on the same rock as England. Which is the Queens rock and idea Scotland and England would be at loggerheads on, 'her rock' is fanciful at best.

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Nurses, teachers etc are going to get a really big wake up call when they realise it’s not all Westminster’s fault and they see very restricted finances for at least ten years.

because they are all going to be so well off under the current Westminster govt.

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

when you get your first right wing populist Government within ten years, but I’m sorry for the young people who will be. It would be good to hear one single convincing argument against these issues (fact based). 

at the moment we already have one.

3 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

It would be like the red neck south voting for Trump....i.e against your own economic interests for a flag. Sad, but I’m pretty sure if there is ever another neverendum the realities will kick in. No central bank, no monetary independence as we’ll still be operating under B of E interest rates, no set view on the currency yet, keeping the monarchy, dealing with the deficit and the choices regarding EU membership, the difficulty of attracting enough immigration to make the economy work and the lack of knowledge in Scotland as to the fact that is what we need. These are real issues that cannot be wished away. Nurses, teachers etc are going to get a really big wake up call when they realise it’s not all Westminster’s fault and they see very restricted finances for at least ten years. Of course, some see all of this as ‘worth it”. That’s fine. It reminds me a bit of football supporters desperate for a takeover to go through because the hate the existing owners, even though they know the problems with the new people. It’s like many Trump supporters are now saying, they “wanted” to believe it. Go ahead, but open your eyes to the consequences. The majority of posts I see from nationalists on social media are frighteningly economically illiterate. I’ll probably not be here to say I told you so, when you get your first right wing populist Government within ten years, but I’m sorry for the young people who will be. It would be good to hear one single convincing argument against these issues (fact based). 

I accept all of the arguments you have made above regarding the difficulties an independent Scotland would face. So the question you should be asking yourself is not "why is independence still so popular" it is "why does everything the  WM administration and all the major opposition parties do make independence more likely"?

Either the are also economically illiterate of the massive hit the rUK economy would take or just like in the case of leaving the EU they really just dont give a f**k.

Edited by gdevoy

2 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I accept all of the arguments you have made above regarding the difficulties an independent Scotland would face. So the question you should be asking yourself is not "why is independence still so popular" it is "why does everything the  WM administration and all the major opposition parties do make independence more likely"?

Either the are also economically illiterate of the massive hit the rUK economy would take or just like in the case of leaving the EU they really just dont give a f**k.

Correct Gdevoy

2 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

It seems Westminster have followed Holyroods U turn 

Is that 1 v 1 now ? 

This was a disaster waiting to happen fo all the administrations involved. IMO they have all now gone for the least worst option. No political traction can be gained from any mud slinging here. Time to move on.

However with the Brexit Trade Deal about to be cack handedly missmabaged by Bozo and his travelling circus of clowns there will be no least worst option bail out. Time to get the popcorn in and find a comfy seat.

Edited by gdevoy

20 hours ago, Scooter said:

... comparisons with other countries are never welcomed! 9_9

ScotGov fucted it, apologised and fixed it. Westminster have totally fucted it.....

#BetterTogether

ScotGuv fucted and defended it for a week, before doing the right thing. But without opposition and public pressure they would have gone ahead and thrown the Scottish kids under a bus. Any Minister who made two screeching u turns Ina matter of weeks in fundamental issues would have resigned in the past. Of course Westminster have now fixed it. If your standard is to better than Boris Johnson and the tories, I pity you’re lack of ambition.