Broadfoot

Findlay

Haunstrup(Waters if injured)

Burke 

Power

Tish

Whitehall(Brophy last 20 for a boost)

Kabamba 

5-3-2 solid at the back. Powerful midfield. Hieght and pace up top cause we'll need it against there 2 giants.

Waters injury?

Rogers in nets if Eastwood is injured. I’d Probably play him anyway.

Think Millen deserves to keep his place but wouldn’t be surprised to see McGowan play. Broadfoot and Findlay at CB. Haunstrup at LB.

Not sure how we go further up the field really. Suspect we will see Brophy and Dicker included with two from McKenzie, Kiltie or Kabamba dropping out. 

1 hour ago, Pompey Exile said:

Rogers

McGowan Broadfoot Findlay

Millen Tishbola Dicker McKenzie Burke

Brophy Kiltie

I think you might have hit on the right system but with the wrong personnel. I can definitely see a back three and then wing backs to try and nullify Taylor and Frimpong.

I'd go...

Rodgers

McGowan Bruadfoot Findlay

Millen Tishbola Dicker Power McKenzie

Kiltie (between the lines)

Kabamba

(I'd be looking for Kiltie and Kabamba to defend from the front; run themselves into the ground for 55/60 minutes and then replace them with Burke and Brophy)

The other way to nullify Taylor and Frimpong  - if you were feeling particularly brave - is to go with three up-front in a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. Easy for me to say because I won't be the one slated for it in the papers and forums on Monday morning but I'd love us to take the game to them and go...

Rodgers

McGowan Broadfoot Findlay

Millen Tishbola Dicker Power

Burke Brophy Kabamba

Edited by McDicken'sLeftPeg

I don’t see the sense in making drastic changes to formations. We need to get back to doing what we are good at. Solid defensive lines, work as a unit, winning the individual battles around the pitch and take our chances when they come. I worry making major changes that we’ve never used before would leave us wide open.

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

I don’t see the sense in making drastic changes to formations. We need to get back to doing what we are good at. Solid defensive lines, work as a unit, winning the individual battles around the pitch and take our chances when they come. I worry making major changes that we’ve never used before would leave us wide open.

I agree with your logic and I think alex dyer will see a lot of sense in what you say but for this game I really worry about this seasons KB than previously particularly  with his obvious lack of pace and add in his history with ceptics  captain as well though I do suspect he will play for the reasons you have pointed out!

7 minutes ago, piffer said:

Exactly 

27 minutes ago, Bbk said:

I agree with your logic and I think alex dyer will see a lot of sense in what you say but for this game I really worry about this seasons KB than previously particularly  with his obvious lack of pace and add in his history with ceptics  captain as well though I do suspect he will play for the reasons you have pointed out!

Broadfoot has played his best football for Killie with a three man midfield in front of him. Since his return in January Dyer has preferred to go with a two so there isn’t always the sitting midfielder to protect the back four. We’ve been better to watch at times but at other times we are far too open. With no protection we’ve seen mistakes from all our defenders not just Broadfoot

Edited by piffer

1 hour ago, Ngonge88 said:

Eastwood

McGowan Broadfoot Findlay Haunstrup

Burke El Mak Power Tish Pinnock

Brophy.

El Makrini will depend on Dickers fitness. Rory might play in place of Pinnock. Dyer told us Eastwood is his number 1, dont know what his injury is like.

Brophy is hopeless up top himself. Especially when he's playing against 2 6ft odd centre halfs.

Rogers

Millen Broadfoot Findlay Haunstrup

El Makrini

Burke Power Tishbola McKenzie 

Kabamba

Dicker probably still not fit so El Mak could come in to play holding CM and shore up the midfield. Kabamba probably better himself up top than Brophy. Could always bring Brophy/Kiltie on for impact if necessary. Will be a tough game no matter how we set up.