Positive test

45 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Seems absolutely mental that the Aberdeen game is still going ahead. I didn't realise the rules were that strict and assumed games would go off for a few weeks... 

In the case of these players it's self infliction.... I have zero sympathy for them if they are forced to miss games.

Aberdeen FC should be hammering them in the pocket.

8 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

In the case of these players it's self infliction.... I have zero sympathy for them if they are forced to miss games.

Aberdeen FC should be hammering them in the pocket.

Yep agreed. I posted the previous before knowing how stupid they had all been... 

7 minutes ago, skygod said:

If bars aren’t complying with the guidelines the police should be closing them down. 

As for the players, I fear this is going to be a feature of the season with most clubs affected by players self-isolating at one time or another. 

I get the feeling that Aberdeen’s next games are being played to send a message. This has come about as players don’t appear to be staying in their “bubble”. We are at the very beginning of the season but missing eight key players for three games could destroy a season even this early. Hopefully other clubs and players take notice. 

46 minutes ago, Lroy said:

Mate stuck £10 on St Johnstone at 2/1 before the odds dropped, being offered £14 cash out already.

I got on at 29/20 just as the odds were beginning to drop rapidly. The markets were completely closed 5 minutes later. I think they've since reopened with St Johnstone around 1/2.

In saying that, Aberdeen look like they're still able to field a decent enough, experienced side. 

Screenshot_20200807_084207_com.android.chrome.jpg

Game being off is the right call can't risk a spread from team to team and then its a much bigger problem, positive tests throughout the season were always going to happen at some point whilst its still going about players just need to be responsible enough to do the right things. 

19 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Shambles from the Dons and league have caved in. Make them play it or forfeit it. 

It looks like it's more a case of Scot Gov who has pulled the plug on it happening. Sturgeon has just ripped into them during her daily briefing.

Edited by C4mmy31

3 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

10 point deduction for me!

Need to send a message to all the clubs that stupid behaviour like this will not be tolerated. It is one thing to be unlucky and catch it but quite another to act as if everything is normal.

I think a points penalty is appropriate but I am not sure 10 is not too much. I would go for 6 points. I would not give St Johnstone 3 points and forfeit the game.