Clevid Dikamona

King

Signed a one year deal. 

That’s defence covered. 

The club is pleased to announce the arrival of Clevid Dikamona on a one-year deal, subject to Scottish FA approval.

The central defender, who most recently played for Hearts, will add to Alex Dyer’s defensive options after agreeing a contract with Killie until the summer of 2021.

Clevid, 30, is excited to return to the Scottish Premiership after returning to his native France at the start of the coronavirus pandemic.

He said: “I feel very happy to be here, it’s a real pleasure to be back playing football after everything that has been happening over the past few months.

“I know some of the lads from my time playing against them and I know how the team like to play so hopefully I can really add something to the squad.”

Alex Dyer said: “Clevid has is a strong defender who has experience in this league and I needed someone who could fit in straight away so I hope he is going to be a good addition to the club.”

Edited by King

2 minutes ago, King said:

Alex Dyer said: “Clevid has is a strong defender who has experience in this league and I needed someone who could fit in straight away

Guessing that means Broadfoot will be on the bench on Sunday unless we are starting with three CB's 

5 minutes ago, MuirP said:

Guessing that means Broadfoot will be on the bench on Sunday unless we are starting with three CB's 

Do you think Dyer will put him straight into the team?

I'm hopeful he'll replace Broadfoot once he's fully fit

Edited by Pelesboots
Spelling

1 minute ago, Pelesboots said:

Do you think Dyer will put him straight into the team?

I'm hopeful he'll replace Broadfoot once he's fuly fit

Depends what his fitness level is like, could have really kept on top of his fitness during lock down and he has been a free agent so there is the possibility he has been training with us this week. Let's face it dyer started Eastwood on the sat after signing him on the weds.

Just now, MuirP said:

Depends what his fitness level is like, could have really kept on top of his fitness during lock down and he has been a free agent so there is the possibility he has been training with us this week. Let's face it dyer started Eastwood on the sat after signing him on the weds.

That's why I asked the question, as he got criticised by some for doing so :D

5 minutes ago, Pelesboots said:

That's why I asked the question, as he got criticised by some for doing so :D

Goalkeeper is a different beast entirely to CB, one small mistake can lead to a goal (as we all witnessed lol). CB makes a mistake and I would say 8 times out of 10 either the other CB or the keeper bails him out. Clevid also has played in the league and experience at this level where as Eastwood didn't.