Clevid Dikamona

King

7 hours ago, Alan Gilmour said:

theres an ongoing theme of hijacking threads on this forum and turning them into something completely different than the title suggests. 

quite annoying coming on here to read news on certain subjects and scrolling through mounds of crap

You must be new here.

On 8/7/2020 at 7:01 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Agreed, signings have looked good on paper but so did many of Jigs.

As it stands, both Dyer and Jig's records as manager are/were rotten.

Can only support Dyer as he's boss and hope that record improves. If not we're in for a long, long season as the season finishing early did us a massive turn.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing him succeed but don't think we can rewrite history just yet based on a few signings and a loss on the opening day, albeit we played well. Still need more creativity.

This. We were in a downward spiral before the season stopped. Relegation form.

48 minutes ago, cammy2012 said:

This. We were in a downward spiral before the season stopped. Relegation form.

Were we, aye?

The 5 league games leading into the league abandonment had Rangers, Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen. We beat Rangers and we drew with Aberdeen. Relegation form, before that run we had beat Hearts and Ross County back to back. Have a word, I think by "relegation form" what you actually mean is "We really should have beat Hamilton in the last game".

I'm quite sure if we had finished bottom 6 we would have won most of the games.

Edited by Fletch

Thanks for your concern BB. I have indeed been confined to small rooms lacking ventilation and ingesting fumes and smoke that may have had a psychotropic effect. And cider. In the brutal cold light of day I can see how twisted and morally repugnant my post was. Should I delete? I had a sleepless night with the moral quandary of it all and decided it should stay as a reminder of the folly of posting when one is ‘oot their skull’. I hope you and yours are well. Mon the Killie - let’s pump the Shellic n that. 

25 minutes ago, carpetfitter said:

Thanks for your concern BB. I have indeed been confined to small rooms lacking ventilation and ingesting fumes and smoke that may have had a psychotropic effect. And cider. In the brutal cold light of day I can see how twisted and morally repugnant my post was. Should I delete? I had a sleepless night with the moral quandary of it all and decided it should stay as a reminder of the folly of posting when one is ‘oot their skull’. I hope you and yours are well. Mon the Killie - let’s pump the Shellic n that. 

Glad you are ok my floor coverings fetishist friend. Lets enjoy the excitement of our first home game of the new season, which seems to be the TV focus across Europe today. Sun is shining in Killie and there are none of the greatest supporters in the world p*shing in my garden.

• 1 month later...

Clevid Dikamona reckons he is in the best condition of his career.

After losing almost a stone during lockdown he is fitter, faster and stronger than ever – and he hopes Kilmarnock fans will see the best of him.

The French defender, who has represented Congo at international level, has worked hard at maintaining himself since leaving Hearts, and now he is ready to kick on.

Speaking exclusively to the Kilmarnock Standard, he said: “Since the moment I signed here I was ready to play, I had to be.

"Even when I was alone at home before I signed I was keeping fit and making sure I was ready to play for someone.

"From the moment you are on the bench you need to be ready to play, I have been fit and ready to play since I joined.

“It’s important to stay fit when you are without a club, you have to.

“Last season I was playing regularly for Hearts, the club weren’t doing well but personally I thought I was playing well and I was fit.

So I said to my fitness coach that I want to keep that up and I want to start at the same level when I joined a new club.

“I then lost weight, got fitter and quicker, and that was my aim and it seems to have paid off.”

He added: “I honestly think I am the fittest I have ever been in my career.

“I have lost 6kg [almost a stone] since last season, so I am now feeling fitter, faster and stronger than ever.

“Hopefully Kilmarnock fans will get to see the best of me this season.”

Dikamona admits he has settled in quickly to the squad, and has heaped praise on gaffer Alex Dyer, who was instrumental in signing him.

He said: “I have settled in very quickly, it’s a great place to work.

"My family are already here with me, everything is perfect for the moment.

“I’ve always had a good impression of Kilmarnock during my time in Scotland.

“I played against them a few times, so I knew some of the guys and also the way the club plays.

“Joining here I got confirmation of what I thought, it’s a good club with a good team.

“It’s easy to get on with the players, they’re a good bunch.

“My English maybe isn’t the best sometimes, but some of them speak French so it was easy for me to introduce myself into the squad.”

He added: “I received interest from other countries but Alex was the only one who took the time to call me and explain what he wanted from me.

“That was the main thing for me, it made me decide it was time to accept and offer and choose Kilmarnock.

“When someone like Alex trusts you, it’s important and gives me confidence in myself.

“He is someone you can speak easily to, when you have a manager like that it is good.

“If you are not able to speak to your manager then it can be hard, you need to know what the manager wants from you and what he thinks about you.

“It’s easy to have these conversations with him, and he also creates a good atmosphere in the group.

“It’s easier for us to enjoy playing football because of that.”

Dikamona made his debut during a 4-0 win at home to Dundee United.

He replaced an injured Stuart Findlay in the first half, and he hopes that he won’t look back now.

But while he handled the nerves well, he admits there was a secret to his impressive debut – simplicity.

He said: “I was just wanting to play as simple as possible, I didn’t want to make any mistakes.

“My last game was months ago so I just said to myself ‘do your job properly, defend properly’.

“I knew that if I did that then I would get what I deserved from the game, and the team won and we got a clean sheet so that’s all I can ask for on my debut.”

56 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Cmon what humourless arse down voted by umbongo comment.

For those who aren't old enough and maybe felt it was racist  its a 1980s advert for a soft drink.

It's not a patch on Kia Ora. Now there's a racially insensitive soft drink.

Edited by FTAD

4 hours ago, Barbinho said:

It's a different Congo. Tish and Mulumbu are from D.R. Congo, Dikamona is from the Republic of the Congo. 

Clevid’s country is the PEOPLE’S Republic of Congo as opposed to Youssouf and Aaron’s DEMOCRATIC Republic of Congo... think Life of Brian and the various Judaea parties!

DRC is what we knew as Zaire at the 1974 World Cup and was a Belgian colony whereas PRC was a French colony.

Geography/History lesson over...