Rugby Park --> BBSP Stadium

Bellman2010

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Will he? I highly doubt he will.

He's already offset debt, written it off and this is another way of the club shedding debt.

I honestly don't see the issue. We can't have it all ways expecting to sign players right left and centre with 2500 season ticket holders. Money needs to come from somewhere.

As has been said countless times, everyone will call it RP.

We have no idea how much the naming rights cost, could work out as cheap advertising. If we were seriously going to sell the naming rights, why go in-house ? 

I can't believe we've sold our sole, used to laugh at Man City, Arsenal, Livy etc for taking the buck to sell stadium rights....

did we even asked the Colenel Sanders if he'd be interested, The KFC Bargain Bucket has a ring to it

did we even put the idea about other folk and get the best deal we could, highly doubt it... 

1 minute ago, trenwick said:

I can't believe we've sold our sole, used to laugh at Man City, Arsenal, Livy etc for taking the buck to sell stadium rights....

did we even asked the Colenel Sanders if he'd be interested, The KFC Bargain Bucket has a ring to it

did we even put the idea about other folk and get the best deal we could, highly doubt it... 

When did we become fishmongers ? 

3 minutes ago, trenwick said:

I can't believe in the midst of a pandemic with 2500 season tickets sold, that we have sold something to get in cash to plug gaps.

I think some folks heads are the clouds when it comes to how tight money is at RP.

Same folk moaning about signings or lack of them will be the same ones moaning about us selling our soul.

It's a stadium name, everyone will still call it RP.

1 minute ago, Wrangodog said:

I hope you're right. Although we do have a board member with roughly £40m in her purse so we shouldn't be financially reliant on BB. 

Some could say we shouldn't have to be financially reliant on any board member.

I doubt PM has anything like £40m out the QTS deal and certainly not in readies!

I can't see any mention of how long the naming rights are for. They are normally a minimum of 10 years. If it is for a year or 2 then it is good that Bill Bowie has set that in motion. It means we can then sell the rights to someone else after the contract. If it's longer term then we probably could have got a better deal, I would have hoped anyway!

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I doubt PM has anything like £40m out the QTS deal and certainly not in readies!

So maybe £20m and would you take a cheque then ?

Maybe it was the MJ years but I can't get my head round completely trusting BB, I hope I'm wrong. 

Perfect commercial sense.

I have never once said to my mates 'I'll see you at BT Murrayfield on Saturday' but that title is used by Gregor and the players in pressers and in media and corporate releases. Remember we didn't have shirt sponsors? Would you be horrified if we didn't have one now? Are we selling our souls having them and, dare I say, changing the blue a wee bit in the new strip to match the sponsor's own branding? Nope - Twitter and FB is full of happy campers with their new strips on this week.

Well done I say.

Makes sense on the commercial side. Easy money in a bleak time. It’s going to make no difference to the normal fan. It’s been Rugby Park until now and we'll continue to call it that.

The more money in the clubs coffers the better. As many have said before this season and pandemic is all about survival on and off the pitch. 

4 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

This makes me hate killie fans.

Only we could see this as some sort of negative. 

It's a typical attitude of modern football fans tbh, unable to adjust to the times. 

It's still Rugby Park for everything but official purposes. A win/win. 

My only question would be, does anyone know if this investment has a specific term length? Ie is there room for renegotiation after 2,3,5 years? 

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I think Bill Bowie said as much himself a couple of months ago. I like the fact that the board think this way, as it should lead to us not getting into a long term financial mess - unlike other certain clubs.

In an pre covid ideal world can see why folk would be annoyed at this ..

But when you look around and different well known big and many local businesses going to the wall, folk getting paid off all over the the place and even the top EpL clubs having to.cut costs n make staff redundant ,

main thing is keeping our club financially viable to not only be competitive but in fact running on a full time basis till things hopefully get back to some kind of normal again

hopefully this arrangement is helping to do that both in the short and long term 

Still be Rugby Park to fans