Rugby Park --> BBSP Stadium

Bellman2010

Stadium near me has had 3 or 4 sponsors, I can't remember a single  one of them, no clue what the current one is.

it's known to everyone as Panthers stadium, always will be.

As many have said, it's a total win-win situation here... thank you Billy Bowie :hurrah:

Have absolutely no issue with this. 6figure sum and debt written off fantastic. Still be known to everyone as “Rugby Park” so who cares what sponsor name is infront of it. Plenty of teams down south with much bigger income that us do it. So why can’t we 

11 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Can see the positives but im still no happy about it. 

We have one of the most unique stadium names in all of sport and it has been p*ss*d all over.

Stadium name being unique is f**k all use to us if we're losing £100,000s each time we've a bad season or don't sell a player. 

One guy plugs that gap. Ironically the same man folk are quick to put the boot into over this. 

Id rather have a club on a sound financial footing ana stadium sponsor than a club losing a fortune and in debt each season.

It'll stlll be rugby park. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'd imagine it's for sale at the right price.

My view is that this year the club has serious funding gaps and this allows him to plug some of it and getting some exposure out of it for his business.

I think some folk think we're awash with cash, we were treading water on a tight breakeven before this pandemic, we are massively reliant on BB for any financial injections in a time like this and fair f**ks to him I say.

It’s a decent gesture. I mean what true benefit will his business get?

Not too bothered about giving the name away. Modern way. Dissapointed that this was not a carrot for new investors though. I for one think BB genuine guy. With some money. Well intended. But needs some more dynamism on the board. At present we are lower half squad with a lower half manager with a lower half board. Not surprisingly, this will lead to lower half performance ( likely). For many, another year in the spl will be success. Particularly in the current financial climate. 

25 minutes ago, KillieDIV said:

I don't like this at all tbh. I've always thought we were better than the diddy clubs like Hamilton and Ross County that had to rename their stadium. 

Don't worry...we will just be like those other "diddy" clubs who have sold naming rights such as Arsenal, Man City, Bayern Munich and soon to be Spurs

5 minutes ago, red_dug said:

All new stadiums with precisely zero history or character. 

Our stadium is an identikit of hundreds up and down the land . It’s 25 years old. The old stand looks no different since the modernisation work, when stadium was done. History and character don’t need to be defined by bricks and Mortor, or even the name above those bricks and mortor. 

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He's offset debt.

Everyone will still call it RP.

Good news for the club, biggest clubs in the world do it - I don't see why folk think we can just turn down money.

Folk need to get a grip, what actual difference does this make to anybody's lives? Maybe should've given a heads up but it's money and it won't make a jot of difference to anything and like you said everyone will still call it rugby park. Maybe the once every 10 years we get shown on sky it will have a banner with the stadium name under it, who gives a s**t? 

Edited by Killie lad

2 minutes ago, Onlyonecolinmckee said:

Our stadium is an identikit of hundreds up and down the land . It’s 25 years old. The old stand looks no different since the modernisation work, when stadium was done. History and character don’t need to be defined by bricks and Mortor, or even the name above those bricks and mortor. 

Utter nonsense. 

4 hours ago, trenwick said:

I can't believe we've sold our sole, used to laugh at Man City, Arsenal, Livy etc for taking the buck to sell stadium rights....

did we even asked the Colenel Sanders if he'd be interested, The KFC Bargain Bucket has a ring to it

did we even put the idea about other folk and get the best deal we could, highly doubt it... 

Lemon-Sole-colour-CMYK-770x600.jpg

34 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

Folk need to get a grip, what actual difference does this make to anybody's lives? Maybe should've given a heads up but it's money and it won't make a jot of difference to anything and like you said everyone will still call it rugby park. Maybe the once every 10 years we get shown on sky it will have a banner with the stadium name under it, who gives a s**t? 

Lot's of folk seem to give it to BBSP & long may it continue