Rugby Park --> BBSP Stadium

Bellman2010

All these bitchin and moaning Killie fans going on about todays brilliant news, i take it you all wish MJ was still around running the club into the ground, not investing any money, not connecting with the fans and not making future stadium plans.  f**k....what would you do then with all your pennies in the bank as I think its all pretty obvious that BB has more money than most.  

9 minutes ago, warney said:

Nice quoting there. Income. Let's say 3k season tickets. That covers that

£3.69m ÷ 3000 season tickets = £1,230

That's an expensive season ticket.

What about all the renovations over the last few months? Happy to include those in your numbers?

Just now, Thebigguy68 said:

Maybe I misunderstood your maths. I think to cover the salaries that skygod intimated, you would need more that 3 k season ticket holders unless you per paying over a grand a ticket. 

I've seen his reply, misunderstanding. What I'm saying is 690k into 3k season tickets, which would be me taking the 3m off. You can't quite his figure because it includes free u16 tickets, that's why I said 3k. 

1 minute ago, Lroy said:

£3.69m ÷ 3000 season tickets = £1,230

That's an expensive season ticket.

What about all the renovations over the last few months? Happy to include those in your numbers?

What's the renovations figure? I've genuinely no idea and I'm sure the majority of supporters would much rather investment in the squad than hospitality facilities

Just now, warney said:

What's the renovations figure?

I have no idea but it's certainly not zero. You seem to be choosing to ignore all expenditure.

3 minutes ago, warney said:

I'm sure the majority of supporters would much rather investment in the squad than hospitality facilities

If we don't upgrade facilities they won't be used. You need to spend that money to make money in the future. 

2 minutes ago, Lroy said:

I have no idea but it's certainly not zero. You seem to be choosing to ignore all expenditure.

If we don't upgrade facilities they won't be used. You need to spend that money to make money in the future. 

I'm not ignoring expenditure. Skydog said the wage bill was over £3m in 18/19. That must be lower 19/20 as various players and staff have left

If you don't have an attractive product on the park, you're not going to get people to pay for hospitality. Starts on the park, better team more interest and increased revenue

Don't forget that he can't just dump money into the club anymore due to FFP.  He's put some cash in (written of a large chunk of debt to be more accurate) and had to show something for it.  The shirt, only thing that really brings in a large sponsorship, is sponsored already so it's went on the stadium name.

25 minutes ago, warney said:

I'm not ignoring expenditure. Skydog said the wage bill was over £3m in 18/19. That must be lower 19/20 as various players and staff have left

If you don't have an attractive product on the park, you're not going to get people to pay for hospitality. Starts on the park, better team more interest and increased revenue

so you don't think any of the £2m price money went to pay wages during that same season!?!?! A good portion of that will be gone before it's been won....hense the club ran at a loss each season there was a low league placings.....

14 minutes ago, BILL97 said:

What tax advantages, if any, does BB gain from this ?

BBSP Ltd have converted part of their loan to KFC into an expense (advertising) which can be set against their taxable profits.

KFC have done the opposite & created a taxable profit but I suspect we have sufficient tax losses to cover it (carried forward, if not for this CV19 year as well)

1 minute ago, melly said:

so you don't think any of the £2m price money went to pay wages during that same season!?!?! A good portion of that will be gone before it's been won....hense the club ran at a loss each season there was a low league placings.....

Why would the club budget for a top six finish to cover wages? If so, a dangerous risk to take.

As a provincial club, we should always budget for a bottom six finish. Anything else is a bonus

6 minutes ago, warney said:

Why would the club budget for a top six finish to cover wages? If so, a dangerous risk to take.

As a provincial club, we should always budget for a bottom six finish. Anything else is a bonus

so by budgeting for finishing 6th place you are only earning circa £500k extra price money finishing 3rd.............quite a bit different from £2m!

even budgeting to finish 10th gives you £750k bonus....still well off £2m you seem to think they banked!

Edited by melly

1 minute ago, melly said:

so by budgeting to for finishing 6th place you are only earning circa £500k extra price money finishing 3rd.............quite a bit different from £2m!

Who said it would £2m extra? When we finished 3rd it was circa £2m prize money. No idea what 7th was but that should be the budget

6 minutes ago, warney said:

Who said it would £2m extra? When we finished 3rd it was circa £2m prize money. No idea what 7th was but that should be the budget

Essentially you did in your post stating income figures from the 'Steve Clarke effect'.  A 7th place finish gives £1.47m price money  which will ahve been spent that season so only £500K extra for the following season.  I think it would also be fair to guess that the higher up the league you finish the more that is paid out in win bonuses etc so in effect the bonus money for the following season is reduced....... 

I have no real issue with the renaming just thought would of been a way to raise funds from an external source as it has some commercial value. 

But as its a private company was there anything to stop a similar deal for naming another Killie asset instead or would you not get away with that amount for  the BBSP carpark or stand.

Like when Mike Ashley tried to change St James Park to the Sports Direct Arena, Bowie would know it wouldn't please a  section of the support which is why I was a bit surprised but hes the owner and put the cash in so earned that right.