Impact of L1 &L2 salary cap.

Could we, and Scottish football as a whole stand to benefit? I realise that wage bills of £1.5m and £2.5m are probably north fo what we pay currently, but it may force clubs in L1 & L2 to work with smaller squads, potentially creating a bottle neck of players who are of a higher standard to those where we are already shopping. 

13 minutes ago, Bobby14 said:

I realise that wage bills of £1.5m and £2.5m are probably north of what we pay currently.....

Our wage bill in 2018-19 for all staff and directors was £3.69m.

I think it will benefit Scottish clubs, if they can recover well from the present situation, but not sure how good it is for the game here though if teams are made up of English journeymen.

Edited by skygod

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

Our wage bill in 2018-19 for all staff and directors was £3.69m.

I think it will benefit Scottish clubs, if they can recover well from the present situation, but not sure how good it is for the game here though if teams are made up of English journeymen.

A lot of decent Scottish players leave for L1 & L2. Might be easier to keep a hold of some of them as well.

2 hours ago, Skora11 said:

A lot of decent Scottish players leave for L1 & L2. Might be easier to keep a hold of some of them as well.

This is the biggest thing in it for me. A lot of good players leave the SPFL to go these leagues. Salary caps may prevent these type of moves. Players who would let their contracts run down to try their luck down South might now think twice.