Celtic Match Fred

C4mmy31

After a sticky start thought we were brilliant. We got back to what we are good at. Disciplined with good lines and bodies on the line for the cause. Tish protected the sitting two who protected the back four. Kabamba bullied the back line and was a danger all afternoon. Had worries about the fullbacks but they were excellent

Really grew into the game. First 15 minutes our passing was not great, The long balls to Kabamba we simply bouncing off him or being won by the Celtic players, What changed i think was the long ball into space , Rather than Nicky head. Our passing was more composed and the Team looked like we did two years ago.

Most impressive was the determination we show , Running, Tackles, , Blocks, Fantastic !!!!!

Kabamba was great , never stopped running , But also his  close control and composure against two big defenders was awesome.

Millen was great again too. His crossing is so good. I think the lad will get even better as he gets more games.

Tish also ( I did not want him to sign) But if he plays like he has in the last two games, I ll be very happy.....That's 3 good games now....LOL

7 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Give the keeper a chance FFS ... he's played a game and a half and made a clanger.  It it happens regularly then we have an issue but we don't at this moment.

Waters is ok, we were spoiled with Taylor.  I thought he linked far better with Haunstrup than with McKenzie.

Just having two left footers on the left side is better than MacKenzie on the left who always cuts inside or turns and plays the ball backwards.

Very impressed. Organisation and concentration were spot on. Clear game plan too.

I think Tsh might be a much more significant signing that we realise. Thought a lot of very small things he did were really important - keeping the ball and stopping another wave of attack, giving as a counter rather than a punt. 

Don't understand the criticism of Dicker. Sky's graphic of Edouards touches told the story - he kept him out the game. 

Haunstrup to start at left back on Wednesday I reckon. 

To read far too much into it - a really good example today of Dyer with an actual squad. We had someone else to bring on on the left, even if out of position. We had Tsh as opposed to just El Mek. We had Kiltie to give us a few minutes of something different and keep them thinking. 

Last season without that we couldn't hang onto games - today with the options we were much more ourselves. 

Superb performance all round, and as said the tactics were spot on-stop them getting wide, and force them into th congested middle time and time again, where they had no space to work. Absolutely nothing to do with Celtic having a 'bad game', rather all about us having sussed them out (again), and put the plan into action. Overall, we probably created as many clear cut chances as they did.

Hats off to both full backs who I thought were excellent, Waters only made one slight error all game when he let Forrest get away from him in the 2nd half, other than that both were solid. Haunstrup looked composed. 

What a difference having a 'squad' makes. Really felt for AD in January when it seemed that he hadn't been given sufficient resources for the second 'half' of the season, however, now that he has been able to shape the group in the way he wants, it paid off today, with a Clarke-esque performance....

4pts out of 6 against the sisters at home for AD in his last two against them now.