Celtic Match Fred

C4mmy31

Well I was truly wrong regarding todays result.  Thought it was going to be a pumping.  Shows what I know apart from Broadfoot is still a liability.  

After reading the comments on here regarding the team performance, for a further insight I went onto the Celtic forum.  They are raging.  Comments including how an average striker can boss their CBs.  How their midfield don't know how to play against players like Power and Dicker.  How they can have 70% possession and still not win.  They are also having a pop at Neil Lennon for being clueless against AD and his tactics.  

Now onto Ross County!!!

7 minutes ago, Allan said:

The Wolf  .... STILL to come!

BurkePenCeleb.JPG

Is he though? I'd rather have that creativity from someone instead of McKenzie and leave the other 4 midfielders as is and as it stands Kabamba is 1st choice striker.

I dont mean hes not got a huge part to play. But I dont see him starting most weeks.

Edited by Ngonge88
Bottom paragraph

1 hour ago, Bigdaw said:

Just having two left footers on the left side is better than MacKenzie on the left who always cuts inside or turns and plays the ball backwards.

If McKenzie cuts inside and takes the right back with him, it leaves a huge space For Waters to overlap into. Waters seems very reluctant to make these runs though. 

Great feeling after seeing that performance and result .....and then hearing the “fake” excuses by some of their fans.........

Good to see a lot of credit been given to our team on TV and elsewhere 

Still find it strange how Edouard was not booked for a raised arm , nor Julien for couple of pull backs including the penalty , showed the experience of Dicker and Power Booked early but remained solid and gave our defence a great shield 

Ok I’m puting this out there to be shot down in flames but I just feel we’re missing out on attacking options on the left, cast your mind back a couple of seasons we had good attacking options on both sides with Burke on the right and O’Donnell willing to overlap and put good passes into the box on the left we had Jones and Taylor doing the same. Now we have Burke on the right and Millen seems willing to get up and provide an overlap and the chance of linking up with Burke and provides good crosses into the box. We don’t have that on the left McKenzie isn’t a left sided attacking midfielder and waters is simply not willing to provide the overlap or link with any left sided player more often than not he looks for the square pass or pass backwards, even when I saw him playing in the team when Taylor was injured or suspended he was the same, Jones wanted the ball and waters preferred the sideways or backwards pass. I haven’t seen enough of haunstrup yet but hope that he can provide more of the attacking forward thinking approach and if we bring in a proper left sided player (pinnock) they can provide the attacking option on the left side, my opinion only but waters very defensive and not a player that will provide a forward partnership or wingback type player

2 hours ago, Galdunc11 said:

Is it just me or has Tishbola been anonymous?

A big part of the game is stopping the opposition from creating chances  - consider how effective Brown and Christie were today. I accept he scored with a free kick but the rest of the game he was anonymous for long periods. 

Edited by Pelesboots

7 minutes ago, Killie61 said:

Ok I’m puting this out there to be shot down in flames but I just feel we’re missing out on attacking options on the left, cast your mind back a couple of seasons we had good attacking options on both sides with Burke on the right and O’Donnell willing to overlap and put good passes into the box on the left we had Jones and Taylor doing the same. Now we have Burke on the right and Millen seems willing to get up and provide an overlap and the chance of linking up with Burke and provides good crosses into the box. We don’t have that on the left McKenzie isn’t a left sided attacking midfielder and waters is simply not willing to provide the overlap or link with any left sided player more often than not he looks for the square pass or pass backwards, even when I saw him playing in the team when Taylor was injured or suspended he was the same, Jones wanted the ball and waters preferred the sideways or backwards pass. I haven’t seen enough of haunstrup yet but hope that he can provide more of the attacking forward thinking approach and if we bring in a proper left sided player (pinnock) they can provide the attacking option on the left side, my opinion only but waters very defensive and not a player that will provide a forward partnership or wingback type player

Not sure many will be suggesting we are team we were 18 months ago.  With GT, SOD, Jones etc....but. Good day and well done to the current players.

56 minutes ago, kilm53 said:

Just cycled home from work.. saw a bit of the first half then was busy getting ready to finish work...great result.. my son says thanks for the draw dad... he's a bluenose..looking forward to catching the highlights later 

You can't give a greeny to a man whose son is a Hun.

16 minutes ago, Killie61 said:

Parklife!

55 minutes ago, Zorro said:

If McKenzie cuts inside and takes the right back with him, it leaves a huge space For Waters to overlap into. Waters seems very reluctant to make these runs though. 

A left footed player can do that too. But MacKenzie on the left restricts us and causes an unbalance on the left side of the pitch.

MacKenzie's best performances IMO are on the right. Its all about options though. Good to see the new guy can play left back or left MId and we still have Pinnock too.

Squad is stronger because the options on the bench can put pressure on the guys in the Team.