Celtic Match Fred

C4mmy31

1 hour ago, Scouser2 said:

That level of performance by our team also set a benchmark for others in the squad to reach , Nearly all of that starting line had experience of playing together and in similar games.......Haunstrup came on and looked composed , now up to our (other) new summer recruits If / when given a chance to show that same performance level of that starting 11  , good to have relative competition for places and in terms of outfield signings a starting place has to be earned . and kept 

I like to think AD had been a bit clever and has said - or implied - to the new players that they need to watch from the bench, see what the Scottish Premiership is about and how we set up, what Killie are about and the standard they need to match or better.

Other managers would have been tempted to throw new signings in, especially when there are no critical fans in the stands!

Haunstrup, Rossi, Dikamona, Pinnock, Whitehall and McGowan will get their chance sooner or later.

5 minutes ago, skygod said:

I like to think AD had been a bit clever and has said - or implied - to the new players that they need to watch from the bench, see what the Scottish Premiership is about and how we set up, what Killie are about and the standard they need to match or better.

Other managers would have been tempted to throw new signings in, especially when there are no critical fans in the stands!

Haunstrup, Rossi, Dikamona, Pinnock, Whitehall and McGowan will get their chance sooner or later.

Yes. I think we all have a notion of what our first 11 will be on the back of new signings. The excitement of new signings is they may be superstars, be much better than the folks already “ in the building”. But if it inspires the existing players to new levels just as good; maybe even better as it enhances  the quality in the overall squad. Was quite a bench yesterday. And even if haunstrup and McGowan ( and it’s an if in the short term at least) do become starters well all be much more comfortable with the prospect of Millen And waters stepping in on occasion. only Findlay, Burke (and maybe power) are pretty guaranteed to start if fit. We still need the X factor player to make the difference when we are controlling possession against the lower teams. Hopefully another signing to come.

A wee bit of reality guys. Celtic have a much bigger squad than us with at least 11 Internationalists in it. Their wage bill dwarfs ours and our fanbase and income is minimal compared to theirs. 

However, we were composed, stuck to the game plan and nullified them. McGregor said they were awful but he forgets that you can only play as well as the opposition lets you. We didn't let them play and I thought we were very well organised defensively.

Well done guys and other teams will be sitting up and taking notice. At this stage in the season I would take a point on Wednesday as Ross County seem to be playing well at the moment.

14 minutes ago, CBFC said:

Well done guys and other teams will be sitting up and taking notice. At this stage in the season I would take a point on Wednesday as Ross County seem to be playing well at the moment.

It took a penalty to beat Motherwell at home and a goalie nightmare to beat Hamilton by single goals.

Aye they've won their first 2 games but I wouldn't say they're flying.

No reason we can't go there and collect 3 points

2 hours ago, Dillinger said:

You must see how unfair it is that after yesterday's game, someone singles out the guy who made the killer pass, for lack of creativity?

Some people malign him unfairly, some people react to that and over praise him. It was a good pass, a less physical player than Kabamba would have been muscled off the ball. From where Kabamba received the ball there didn't appear to be any threat but his strength and skill manufactured a chance out of nothing. 

19 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

It took a penalty to beat Motherwell at home and a goalie nightmare to beat Hamilton by single goals.

I can see your point, but the fact is that they still won their games. I would be more confident with some games under our belt and points on the board.

I do hope we come away with 3 points, but at the moment I would be satisfied with a point.

We are a solid team. Hard to beat. We lack the guy that can dominate a game, either the provider or the dominant striker that’s a goal a game type. Therefore all games - those away from home in particular - will always be tight. It will likely come down to fine margins. Of course we can win, but we can just as easily lose at this time. Until we find the missing ingredient, a point will always be a decent return in these games. 

1 hour ago, stewarty66 said:

I like your attitude stewarty66. We have a good squad of players and will be hard to beat. Hopefully we can get a backup goalie for Rogers.

1 hour ago, CBFC said:

I can see your point, but the fact is that they still won their games. I would be more confident with some games under our belt and points on the board.

I do hope we come away with 3 points, but at the moment I would be satisfied with a point.

Bookies have us as (considerable) faves.

Ross County are available at 21/10, we're 11/8.

6 hours ago, Zorro said:

It’s odd that McKenzie has played over 200 games for us, under god knows how many managers and is obviously trusted to do a job, yet it’s apparently ok to slate him as the weak link every week, but you can’t say the new guy didn’t make the most of the space he was given. You’d think we were the first team ever to play a player not on his ‘natural’ side. All this talk of “unbalanced” and seeing cutting inside as a flaw is dated horses**t too. 
With Killie fans, familiarity really does breed contempt. 

I rate this current team (is certainly more ‘balanced’ than this time last year under AA) and I rate McKenzie, although it would be nice if HE went for a more composed finish in front of goal, he gets into positions and he could get 10-15 goals a year. I think it’s promising both Waters and Millen have stepped up against good teams (we’ve prob played half the ‘good’ teams in the league) from being reserves, or on loan last year.  

If you were gonna be critical of the current team/season, far from familiarity breading contempt; DB maybe even Jamie McDonald(!) would have saved at least 1 - maybe 2, of the 3 goals we’ve lost this season.

Plug that gap and we’re in for a top 6 season I’d say.

15 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

One pass doesn't make him a hero, he also conceded possession too easily a couple of times. We weren’t noticeably worse without him in the second half. 

I thought Rory had a good 1st half including the Inside pass to Kabamba. He also did a lot of work covering back and neutralising Frimpong. 2nd half I felt Waters and Haunstrup rather got in each other’s way a couple of times - not unreasonable given Haunstrup is also a left back.