Fans who are happy with a narrow defeat against old firm

Squirrelhumper

The worst case I ever encountered of this was on a “supporters” bus ran from the ground for The League Cup Final. Got on coach after a few refreshments and the woman in front of me said, “let’s just hope they don’t embarrass us” , “ get home with no worse than 0-3 and we can have a decent day” , I honestly was speechless ( not often I know) , I say and shook my head until we got to Glasgow , the return journey I gave it laldy

52 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Grow a set and support the team. 

Never expect to lose to anyone. 

Immensely proud today with that performance.

YNTTK

I’ve often wondered that when the twisted sisters struggle against what you’d  say is lesser opposition in Europe its because that opposition are obviously less familiar, and have less fear of them. Not saying this is definitely the case with us now, but the fact  we have an English manager and before that a manager who had played more in England than Scotland might help against the OF? Remains to be seen if that’s the case though. Hopefully is though....

We've been in the top league for over quarter of a century and probably more a thorn in the side of the OF clubs than any other club during that time. 

Although much maligned by some. Kenny Shiels rant after the 1-0 Pascali game summed up for me the belief that we should all have in the club, this was further built upon by SSC.

We should never lie down or accept defeat, but at the same time, with the massive gulf in resources, we generally punch above our weight against them, long may it continue.

5 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

The worst case I ever encountered of this was on a “supporters” bus ran from the ground for The League Cup Final. Got on coach after a few refreshments and the woman in front of me said, “let’s just hope they don’t embarrass us” , “ get home with no worse than 0-3 and we can have a decent day” , I honestly was speechless ( not often I know) , I say and shook my head until we got to Glasgow , the return journey I gave it laldy

Our attendance at that League Cup final reflected that, when so many amongst us decided not to go because they expected a doing. There's not many clubs will take fewer supporters to a final than they did to the semi final. 

6 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

There were a few suggesting last weeks defeat wasn't that bad a result. A loss is never anything other than a bad result against anyone in any circumstances. 

I disgaree - Hibs took 4 off Livi yesterday.  We've lost early 'soft' goals in both games this season, then battled back into it.  Some sweet attacking play too already after 2 games - bring on RC - big test with their record!

3 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Our attendance at that League Cup final reflected that, when so many amongst us decided not to go because they expected a doing. There's not many clubs will take fewer supporters to a final than they did to the semi final. 

We sold 11500 for that game.

By far and away the best atmosphere (from word go) out of any of the 4 finals I've attended. Fans were bang up for it and being devoid of day triippers on the whole was a blessing. 

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

By far and away the best atmosphere (from word go) out of any of the 4 finals I've attended. Fans were bang up for it and being devoid of day triippers on the whole was a blessing. 

Yes, quite possibly, but that's because we were in the game from the first whistle and the team gave us everything. I remember saying on the way to the game that the sun was shining, so we would enjoy our day regardless of the outcome. We were there through hope rather than expectation. My original point still stands though, we could have had many more tickets if we needed them.

32 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

There were a few suggesting last weeks defeat wasn't that bad a result. A loss is never anything other than a bad result against anyone in any circumstances. 

Don't think it's about it not being a bad result, it's just about whether you lose the head about the result or see the positives in the performances. 

Plenty saw loads of positives last week and were right as shown today. 

The people losing the head about it being a bad result were mostly those saying that Dyer was inept, the tactics weren't up to it, Waters shouldn't start and Kabamba can't play up top on his own... How does that look today?

Fully agree about not being afraid of the Old Firm. Our record against them in the last few seasons should give us no fear at all! 

Edited by mitch14

44 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

The absentees that day are still getting counselling. I hope they never fully recover .

47 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Always laugh at the 3-4K “fans” who were at the semi vs “them” and didn’t go to the final. 

4 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

The absentees that day are still getting counselling. I hope they never fully recover .

IMO all the Celtic fans I met were exceptionally sporting too - you'll never see it like that again!  Unlike in 97, everyone thought we were the best team in Glasgow (and Scotland) that day..

I thought Hamilton gave their wide players too much room last week and that we wouldn't. Can't say I was confident of victory but also thought we had a chance, particularly after Sevco winning easily earlier and putting pressure on them to win. The trouble is the media in Scotland continually overpraise Celtic and Sevco and eventually it grinds you down to make you doubt your own side's ability.